REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Old 01-29-2009, 06:53 PM   #76
RS Peace Officer

Thanked 1,636 Times in 683 Posts
Having tatts. of your Drill Cpl's mother or sister would not fall under "tasteful" Besides, I think Skippy never had a mother...ever hear of him 5-0? He's the reason the garbage can with the brass plaque on it is in the front lobby of the Drill Hall. Used to have to stand in it, standing at ATTENTION and salute for 45 minutes for "remedial drill training". It was NOT punishment, just added motivation for you to pay close attention to detail. Ah yes...the bad old days....
Advertisement
zulutango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 09:54 PM   #77
RS Peace Officer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulutango View Post
Having tatts. of your Drill Cpl's mother or sister would not fall under "tasteful" Besides, I think Skippy never had a mother...ever hear of him 5-0? He's the reason the garbage can with the brass plaque on it is in the front lobby of the Drill Hall. Used to have to stand in it, standing at ATTENTION and salute for 45 minutes for "remedial drill training". It was NOT punishment, just added motivation for you to pay close attention to detail. Ah yes...the bad old days....
I would say he was long before my time. When I was there the one to watch out for was Cpl. Warkentine. You could hear her yelling all the way on the other end of Regina and I swear she would just make up things that were wrong just to yell and scream at us. I went to many "learning assistance parades" as a result of her and my hatred for ironing/bedmaking.
Five-Oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 01:22 AM   #78
I bringith the lowerballerith

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyvious
hey i read about your exp at depot and im also interested in being an rcmp. but i have a question that you may help me with XD i dont have any post secondary education and i was wondering if you had any and if so how much, and do you know if the other recuits all had post secondary or was there one or two that didn't have any- i plan on applying for rcmp sometime july and also apply for langara or some college- thanks any info helps.
Please read the sticky about PMing questions, people....

You don't need a post-secondary education, but it won't hurt to have one. The most important kind of education to have, is eduction in life (ie. life experience). One of the guys in my troop was in university for 1 semester before he was sent to Depot, one of the guys I work with didn't do any post-secondary. A few "older" guys I know in other detachments don't have any post-secondary either.

If you're going to be applying for a college as well as the RCMP, I'd take a second and figure out which one I wanted to do. The timeline for the RCMP application process might not work out so well with any scholarly timeline requirements. Also, the financial aspect of signing up for courses, getting through a few weeks of them and then getting called out to Depot didn't really attract me enough to finish up and get that piece of paper.
"Never give a match up halfway through. Never say that you do not feel up to it, that your condition is bad, and throw in the towel. Fight to the very end, always looking for your chance to break through." - Kazuzo Kudo
sho_bc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 05:26 AM   #79
RS Peace Officer

Thanked 1,636 Times in 683 Posts
Skippy ( 5 ft 7 in High Browns) accused Dave Radu (6 ft 9, plus High Browns) of having lint on the top of his hat. When dave made the mistake of saying there was not any, Skippy took his swagger stick, hooked the cap and threw it the length of the drill hall floor. Dave had to run down and bring it back. Skippy put it on the end of the stick and showed Dave the dirt. Dave got 50 pushups for "bringing pets into MY drill hall!!!!!" Mind games.
zulutango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 05:37 PM   #80
Need my Daily Fix of RS

hahaha good times! the first few months will be a challange, but after that it gets smoother- good luck and just have fun on the weekends