REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Fashion & Shopping

Fashion & Shopping Blackmarkers. A Filtered Selection of Clothing, Footwear and Accessories.
Gotta stay fresh! Latest fashion trends, new clothing lines, mega sales events, and awesome deals..

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2011, 04:44 PM   #576
PJ
My name is PJ and I like dogs.
 
PJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Vancity/Toronto
Posts: 3,171
Thanked 1,678 Times in 529 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LookHere_Sucka View Post
Did Evisu go out of style?
Evisu was never REALLY in, so I guess its not REALLY out.
I'd still rock a pair though.
Advertisement
__________________
Studies show 100% of people die.. Might as well have some fun.

Hello my name is PJ.


Buy/Sell Feedback 1-0-0
PJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 05:08 PM   #577
Banned (ABWS)
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Richmond
Posts: 5,138
Thanked 2,215 Times in 509 Posts
recent purchase , can't wait!

illicitstylz is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-31-2011, 05:12 PM   #578
Banned (ABWS)
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Richmond
Posts: 6,675
Thanked 1,763 Times in 592 Posts
I just got that too! Im wearing the slim jims right now
shawn79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 05:12 PM   #579
Banned (ABWS)
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Richmond
Posts: 5,138
Thanked 2,215 Times in 509 Posts
trying to decide whether i should get these or not, a little unsure about the rise. always been a fan of broken twill though, best wash IMO



illicitstylz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 05:21 PM   #580
Banned (ABWS)
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: .
Posts: 748
Thanked 45 Times in 23 Posts
^Def cop, looks pretty good.
LookHere_Sucka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 05:25 PM   #581
Banned (ABWS)
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Richmond
Posts: 991
Thanked 994 Times in 180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LookHere_Sucka View Post
Did Evisu go out of style?
i personally don't think evisu was ever in style except for hongers or REALLY asian people.
dignatas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 06:37 PM   #582
#savethemanuals
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Richmond
Posts: 3,755
Thanked 2,232 Times in 860 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LookHere_Sucka View Post
Did Evisu go out of style?
Quality of the higher end Evisu is still up there. Its too bad they went down market and people jumped on it because of the gulls and their collab with puma.
Energy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 09:07 PM   #583
Banned (ABWS)
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: .
Posts: 748
Thanked 45 Times in 23 Posts
^Yeah, I don't like their collab with puma. It's not about the quality anymore, it's about the brand. Although I personally like the gulls.
LookHere_Sucka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 09:07 PM   #584
Treasure Chest MOD
 
instantneedles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 2,797
Thanked 1,486 Times in 647 Posts
evisu is definitely going out of style, heard they tried marketing towards gay men in japan and then to golfers but failed in doing so, many of their shops have closed down in japan....compared to the many other quality denim brands in japan, evisu's quality is shit... some of their newer designs dont even have the gulls on them anymore let alone the wack ass designs(that remind me somewhat of ed hardy)...i dont even see hongers wear them anymore- the ones with a fashion sense at least.
instantneedles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 10:59 PM   #585
Banned (ABWS)
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Richmond
Posts: 991
Thanked 994 Times in 180 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by instantneedles View Post
evisu is definitely going out of style, heard they tried marketing towards gay men in japan and then to golfers but failed in doing so, many of their shops have closed down in japan....compared to the many other quality denim brands in japan, evisu's quality is shit... some of their newer designs dont even have the gulls on them anymore let alone the wack ass designs(that remind me somewhat of ed hardy)...i dont even see hongers wear them anymore- the ones with a fashion sense at least.
reminds me of rock and republic

fucked up R's and their new designs are complete crap compared to the old..
dignatas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 11:20 PM   #586
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,707
Thanked 232 Times in 89 Posts
I don't like how the gulls fade, since they aren't stitched on.
Ive started to workout again and the thighs on my ironhearts are getting pretty tight
BinsentoW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 07:57 AM   #587
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled
 
chin3se604's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,729
Thanked 1,391 Times in 270 Posts
If i was a 29 in the slim guys..would that make me a 30 in the weird guys?
Posted via RS Mobile
chin3se604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 09:50 AM   #588
Need to Seek Professional Help
 
RESN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: vancouver
Posts: 1,014
Thanked 967 Times in 226 Posts
Some evisus you can find in japan are actually very nice quality. Not like the shitty designs you will find here at Boys Co.. etc. The reason you find that it's similar to R&R is because EVERYTHING in those stores are selling to the same "style" of people which consist of everything Dom Rebel, True Religion.. what else? Obviously they still have those ugly pairs where they have the huge gull going down their ass.. but I haven't seen anyone where those except for hongers... and those jap people with their over the top styles haha.

As for the fading of the gulls.. the paint will eventually just wear off, and turn into pure sexiness


I also find these evisu's very nice

RESN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 05:40 PM   #589
Banned (ABWS)
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: .
Posts: 748
Thanked 45 Times in 23 Posts
^Those are very nice I don't have half the patience to wear my Evisu long enough to even fade them.
LookHere_Sucka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 12:52 AM   #590
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled
 
chin3se604's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,729
Thanked 1,391 Times in 270 Posts
i need help.. does anyone know anyone that might be interested in my Slim Guy - indigo broken twill selvedge size 30 ... for $117.00?

thanks
__________________
2011 BMW 328i coupe
2003 Acura RSX [sold]
chin3se604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 02:06 PM   #591
#savethemanuals
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Richmond
Posts: 3,755
Thanked 2,232 Times in 860 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by _*aE View Post
Some evisus you can find in japan are actually very nice quality. Not like the shitty designs you will find here at Boys Co.. etc. The reason you find that it's similar to R&R is because EVERYTHING in those stores are selling to the same "style" of people which consist of everything Dom Rebel, True Religion.. what else? Obviously they still have those ugly pairs where they have the huge gull going down their ass.. but I haven't seen anyone where those except for hongers... and those jap people with their over the top styles haha.
And it was actually Evisu that made me jump into raw denim. I saw a beautifully faded pair somewhere and that inspired me. When I was still a noob and bought my first pair of evisu it was actually one wash lol. Then went to nudie for only a week, APC NS for a long time, and now my Somet 008 which i wear everyday.
Energy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 03:18 PM   #592
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,707
Thanked 232 Times in 89 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Energy View Post
And it was actually Evisu that made me jump into raw denim. I saw a beautifully faded pair somewhere and that inspired me. When I was still a noob and bought my first pair of evisu it was actually one wash lol. Then went to nudie for only a week, APC NS for a long time, and now my Somet 008 which i wear everyday.
Theres nothing THAT wrong with one wash. Its just so you dont have to presoak them.
BinsentoW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 12:38 AM   #593
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!
 
cliffhanger33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 4,658
Thanked 4,282 Times in 587 Posts
i heard diesel raws are coming out? when , itd be so sick
cliffhanger33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 10:40 AM   #594
#savethemanuals
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Richmond
Posts: 3,755
Thanked 2,232 Times in 860 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BinsentoW View Post
Theres nothing THAT wrong with one wash. Its just so you dont have to presoak them.
I know but I also hemmed them because I thought they were like TR and RR and thought stacks were lame. I also bought my tagged size instead of sizing down so they became really loose and were falling off my waist. And I also washed them right away because I didn't know any better.

I really didn't know much or do any research then. I just saw a pair of evisu that was so nice and dove right in.
Energy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 11:39 AM   #595
Banned (ABWS)
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: .
Posts: 748
Thanked 45 Times in 23 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Energy View Post
I know but I also hemmed them because I thought they were like TR and RR and thought stacks were lame. I also bought my tagged size instead of sizing down so they became really loose and were falling off my waist. And I also washed them right away because I didn't know any better.

I really didn't know much or do any research then. I just saw a pair of evisu that was so nice and dove right in.
Yeah, the same happened to me. I bought 2 sizes larger because I thought they would be too tight. I also hemmed them I didn't want it to stack. Now I'm stuck with a pair that doesn't fit me at all :P
LookHere_Sucka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 12:35 PM   #596
#savethemanuals
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Richmond
Posts: 3,755
Thanked 2,232 Times in 860 Posts
^ yeah its all part of the experience of finding that perfect pair haha.
Energy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 01:04 PM   #597
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled
 
chin3se604's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,729
Thanked 1,391 Times in 270 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffhanger33 View Post
i heard diesel raws are coming out? when , itd be so sick
i think holt carries them already
__________________
2011 BMW 328i coupe
2003 Acura RSX [sold]
chin3se604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 08:56 AM   #598
PJ
My name is PJ and I like dogs.
 
PJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Vancity/Toronto
Posts: 3,171
Thanked 1,678 Times in 529 Posts
Just got my first pair of raw denim.. wish me luck.
__________________
Studies show 100% of people die.. Might as well have some fun.

Hello my name is PJ.


Buy/Sell Feedback 1-0-0
PJ is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-07-2011, 09:14 AM   #599
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled
 
chin3se604's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,729
Thanked 1,391 Times in 270 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Impulse_x View Post
Just got my first pair of raw denim.. wish me luck.
Nice ... What size? Goodluck
Posted via RS Mobile
chin3se604 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-07-2011, 12:40 PM   #600
PJ
My name is PJ and I like dogs.
 
PJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Vancity/Toronto
Posts: 3,171
Thanked 1,678 Times in 529 Posts
32.
Btw you have my wife in your avatar. I don't know how much I appreciate that.
__________________
Studies show 100% of people die.. Might as well have some fun.

Hello my name is PJ.


Buy/Sell Feedback 1-0-0
PJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 11:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net