REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Fashion & Shopping

Fashion & Shopping Blackmarkers. A Filtered Selection of Clothing, Footwear and Accessories.
Gotta stay fresh! Latest fashion trends, new clothing lines, mega sales events, and awesome deals..

Old 01-26-2009, 02:02 PM   #151
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

^
HAHA, ill give you $30!
I cant wait until ill get my APC NS 29's Indiglo.
I'm tryna sell my APC NS 28's right now, and currently sold the APC PS 29's.
If you guys are thinking of getting PS's, don't get it =P, unless you like low-rise.
The rise is super low, feel's really weird, especially when you're tryna stretch em out.
"How am i suppose to breathe no air?"- your crotch will have no room to breathe.
Advertisement

BlAh~
LC21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 02:49 PM   #152
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

how are APCs? Looking into a pair later on, which ones fit like GTs or SJs? something with room in the thighs and a smaller opening.
Old 01-26-2009, 03:34 PM   #153
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

i think PRP's are really nice with some of its washes. Japanese denim!
teaoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 08:12 PM   #154
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ab-norma-l View Post
Nordstrom Rack, Saks Off 5th, Barneys Outlet, True Religion Outlet, R&R Outlet, Artizia (when they have sales), online websites, etc. etc. Lots of places to find deals on premium denim. Most of the good outlets with better selection of jeans are further away from here (California, LV, NY)

I've probably paid full retail for about 1/4 of them
lol you denimmaestro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cctw View Post
uhh..i just got a new pair of nudies..and they're too loose...can I hot soak them and machine dry before i wear it in to shrink the waist?..will it affect the results?
yeah well you have no other choice now. yeah do a light soak so enough that they're wet evenly, and throw them into a preheated dryer.

mind you it will stretch out the more you wear it.

wear a fucking belt. haha!
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 08:15 PM   #155
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by efa5 View Post
how are APCs? Looking into a pair later on, which ones fit like GTs or SJs? something with room in the thighs and a smaller opening.
room in the thighs and smaller opening (a la tapered?) hmmm well the rescues usually have more room in the thighs, depending on how you size, with a straight leg. now the new standards are more fitted, also depending on how you size em, with a tapered leg. looks like you're going to have to choose sides if you want to go apc.
Farfetched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 08:21 PM   #156

Quote:
Originally Posted by cctw View Post
uhh..i just got a new pair of nudies..and they're too loose...can I hot soak them and machine dry before i wear it in to shrink the waist?..will it affect the results?
Quote:
Originally Posted by LC21 View Post
No. Do some research before buying again
Quote:
Originally Posted by HB20 View Post
selll him, cut your losses
that pretty much sums it up. jeans tend not to shrink, the more you wear them.
Farfetched is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 10:26 PM   #157
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,910 Times in 606 Posts
Quote:
naked and famous weird guy..."shameless plug"
for all you skinny guys check out komakino, they have tons of number (n)ine jeans in stock at 50% off...much higher quality/better cut than APcs
Sid Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 11:05 PM   #158
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

Quote:
for all you skinny guys check out komakino, they have tons of number (n)ine jeans in stock at 50% off...much higher quality/better cut than APcs
yeah, I've had that recommended too , thanks I'll check it out when the nudies fall apart
Old 01-27-2009, 04:32 AM   #159

Quote:
Id recommend you some Uniqlo Denim or APC NS(size down 2-3 sizes, depending how slim you like them) i sized down 3 for my APC's. If you get them from APC.. it'll cost around $180USD after shipping and possibly tax! Not bad of a deal at all, much cheaper then TR's .. RnR's...
Uniqlo FTW!!! I just got another pair tonight and they're super rigid. Really nice and they only cost me 499HKD. Also, I bought a pair a couple weeks ago for 125 HKD. Not as nice but for that price I really can't complain.
artmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 10:06 AM   #160
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Where's/what's Komakino? I'm interested
MY PENIS IS THE SIZE OF A CIGARETTE LIGHTER! jizzing on my keyboard is hard for me! imma be fucked for life, but fuck it I'm a BITCH!
hongy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 12:01 PM   #161
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,910 Times in 606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hongy View Post
Where's/what's Komakino? I'm interested
www.komakino.ca/shop
111b in east pender street in chinatown...super nice clothes lol
no i dont work there
Sid Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 12:37 PM   #162
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Quote:
i had the same problem, but finally found a pair of average joes and got the opening hemmed and they fit perfect. I have a pair of grim tims that i should have ordered a size down, but they're not too bad with a belt. answering your question, hotsoaking will get rid of some loose indigo and shrink it a bit, but the waist will probably stretch back within couple days. personally my plan for mine is to tough it out, throw em in the wash in a couple months, and then it should just shrink enough for a good fit. good luck with yours, i'll give you 20 bucks of em if you don't want them

so I decided to ship them back to Germany and exchange for a size smaller..also shipped back the other pair that didn't fit too well..but I kinda want only 1 pair..so i have an extra pair of jeans I need to get rid of..

anyone want to buy a pair of new jeans?
the site is www.cultizm.com..if anyone wants sth you'll probably pay the CAD on there less 19% VAT..and shipping is free..someone pm me hahaha
cctw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 01:46 PM   #163
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

_inwonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 03:00 PM   #164
KO7
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

Pretty decent stuff on sale at Brooklyn. Some True Religions, COHs, etc., and not only in ridiculous sizes either.

Picked up a pair of TR for 27% off, and PPD for 60+% off. Excellent customer service I must say, I'll definitely return.
KO7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 04:05 PM   #165
RS controls my life!

where to buy ACNE jeans in Vancouver? I tried some in the states but they didn't have my size in the wash i wanted =(
Old 01-30-2009, 07:19 PM   #166

Quote:
Originally Posted by artmotion View Post
Uniqlo FTW!!! I just got another pair tonight and they're super rigid. Really nice and they only cost me 499HKD. Also, I bought a pair a couple weeks ago for 125 HKD. Not as nice but for that price I really can't complain.
its uniqlo. Lol.
thats like Gap japan. APC still ftw. I LOVE MY APC NS 29. So if you see a tall sexy looking chinese in raw apc's with em being cuff you know who to holla! LOLLOL hahah jokes =P
but yes apc's are known for their fit not for their denim. Please get that through your mind. If you want quality go for flathead/sammies.

BlAh~
Old 01-30-2009, 07:38 PM   #167

Quote:
Originally Posted by f00tzilla View Post
where to buy ACNE jeans in Vancouver? I tried some in the states but they didn't have my size in the wash i wanted =(
Holt renfrew
MY PENIS IS THE SIZE OF A CIGARETTE LIGHTER! jizzing on my keyboard is hard for me! imma be fucked for life, but fuck it I'm a BITCH!
Old 01-30-2009, 07:39 PM   #168

^ Also at Jonathan + Olivia, Gravity Pope, Dutil
Old 01-30-2009, 07:43 PM   #169

Quote:
its uniqlo. Lol.
thats like Gap japan. APC still ftw. I LOVE MY APC NS 29. So if you see a tall sexy looking chinese in raw apc's with em being cuff you know who to holla! LOLLOL hahah jokes =P
but yes apc's are known for their fit not for their denim. Please get that through your mind. If you want quality go for dior homme.
Fixed.

Yes you're right about Uniqlo. It is like Gap basically but in case you didn't know, Gap had a selvage line which was actually quite nice. You can't argue the bang for the buck for the Uniqlo jeans though. The really rigid ones which I bought the other night fit really awesome and they're quite good quality. And for the price of the APCs, I could buy 4 pairs of Uniqlos.

Last edited by artmotion; 01-30-2009 at 09:32 PM.
Old 01-30-2009, 08:00 PM   #170

Quote:
Originally Posted by artmotion View Post
Fixed.

Yes you're right about Uniqlo. It is like Gap basically but in case you didn't know, Gap had a selvage line which was actually quite nice. You can't argue the bang for the buck for the Uniqlo jeans though. The really rigid ones which I bought the other night fit really awesome and they're quite good quality. And for that price, I could buy 4 pairs of APCs.
FIXED.
Yeah you could buy 4 pairs, but whats the point?
AND Dior Homme is not fucking quality i can assure you that. It's the name you're paying for. Their denim is thin as fuck, and the fading properties is just as good as apc's, you can almost call them lightweight denim. So therefore FH AND SAMMIES STILL FOR THE WIN.
*DONT FIX ANYMORE K THX BAI*

BlAh~
Old 01-30-2009, 09:06 PM   #171
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

You're absolutely right about the Dior Hommes. I bought a pair of MII ones and they're just like APCs. I paid like 2.5 more tho. They're just overpriced APCs with two little lines on the pockets. The fit is fairly similar to the NS, so I recommend just gettings APCs.

I can't wait till I head back down to Cali. Self Edge = Denim.
Splmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 09:12 PM   #172

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splmash View Post
You're absolutely right about the Dior Hommes. I bought a pair of MII ones and they're just like APCs. I paid like 2.5 more tho. They're just overpriced APCs with two little lines on the pockets. The fit is fairly similar to the NS, so I recommend just gettings APCs.

If u do, msg me man I'd love to get some jeans from self edge.
Old 01-30-2009, 09:50 PM   #173

Quote:
FIXED.
Yeah you could buy 4 pairs, but whats the point?
AND Dior Homme is not fucking quality i can assure you that. It's the name you're paying for. Their denim is thin as fuck, and the fading properties is just as good as apc's, you can almost call them lightweight denim. So therefore FH AND SAMMIES STILL FOR THE WIN.
*DONT FIX ANYMORE K THX BAI*
Wow someone's a bit touchy today. Were you not the person who was saying that the fit is the strong point of the APCs and that their denim wasn't the greatest? So I would automatically assume that you would be willing to pay the premium for the craftsmanship and cut of the Diors (ignoring the thickness of the denim). Now I'm sorry if I offended you but I'm not one for the 6 months straight with one pair of selvage (not saying you don't have more than one pair) and I'm not exactly made of money so Uniqlo is fine for me. This is a good thread. Lets not let it go to fight club.
Old 01-30-2009, 10:56 PM   #174
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by hongy View Post
If u do, msg me man I'd love to get some jeans from self edge.
I'm sorry but I already promised 2 people I'll pick up denim for 'em this time. Haha. Maybe next time. I do go down there 2-3 times a year.
Splmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 11:56 PM   #175

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splmash View Post

Hedi based the 19cm and 21cm off APC cuts. MIJ is far superior to the MII from what I hear, too. I agree with LC21 though, DH is pretty far from quality and people mainly buy it for the fit and probably because it's DH.

APC is a great entry point because of the fit/quality to price value.

For some people (not saying anybody here), raw denim is just the current trend and I would probably not recommend them to waste money on the more expensive, artisan denim.

On the other hand, raw denim is not the be-all and end-all of denim...there's lots of great washed/pre-distressed denim out there.

Anyway, it'd be nice to see some more pictures of everybody's collections or even some fade progressions!