REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Fashion & Shopping

Fashion & Shopping Blackmarkers. A Filtered Selection of Clothing, Footwear and Accessories.
Gotta stay fresh! Latest fashion trends, new clothing lines, mega sales events, and awesome deals..

Old 10-11-2011, 03:38 PM   #951
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

How are these jeans for daily wear? Lookin for new work jeans my rocks\rast don't seem to last
Posted via RS Mobile
Advertisement
incubus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 03:50 PM   #952
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,054 Times in 1,657 Posts
What do you mean by these jeans, are you referring to raw denim as a whole?

I wear raw denim every day, the first few days with a new pair are a bit uncomfortable, otherwise they don't feel all that different from a regular jean aside from the heavier weight denim.
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 10:03 PM   #953
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

Just got a pair of Wings and Horns Raw Indigo's. Full Selvedge and excited to see how they compare to N&F.

Fit better than the N&F so far and the quality seems superior. My friend works for CNY Designs who make Wings and Horns and she had me come in to try their new season of W&H denim. Unreal stuff coming for fall, all selvedge. Comfortable in the straight legs. EVen the tiny coin pockets that are above the main front pockets are selvedge! Very good attention to detail.
herragge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 10:05 PM   #954
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by illicitstylz View Post

Need to get shoes like that asap. What are the bottom pair?
MY PENIS IS THE SIZE OF A CIGARETTE LIGHTER! jizzing on my keyboard is hard for me! imma be fucked for life, but fuck it I'm a BITCH!
hongy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 10:12 PM   #955
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

I'm 4 months into my A.P.C new standards and I notice that I'm starting to get crotch blow, well right now the material is thinning but I want to avoid a full out crotch blow.
Any recommendations as to where I can get this repaired?
fuhkyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 10:20 PM   #956
#savethemanuals

Thanked 2,551 Times in 950 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by herragge View Post
Just got a pair of Wings and Horns Raw Indigo's. Full Selvedge and excited to see how they compare to N&F.

Fit better than the N&F so far and the quality seems superior. My friend works for CNY Designs who make Wings and Horns and she had me come in to try their new season of W&H denim. Unreal stuff coming for fall, all selvedge. Comfortable in the straight legs. EVen the tiny coin pockets that are above the main front pockets are selvedge! Very good attention to detail.
Ahh I want the wine hoodie or the wine jersey l/s but they're sold out! W+H def much better quality than NF.
Energy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 08:56 AM   #957
SFICC-03*

Thanked 2,452 Times in 986 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by herragge View Post

the selvege lining in the coin pockets is pretty common these days.
actually purests think its ridiculous, but to each his own.
unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 09:03 AM   #958
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,216 Times in 510 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hongy View Post
Need to get shoes like that asap. What are the bottom pair?
clark's desert boots, sand suede with clay sole.

not many places in vancouver sell these though, off the top of my head only gravity pope I think.

Anyone else know where Clark's desert boots can be found?
illicitstylz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 09:13 AM   #959
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Quote:

not many places in vancouver sell these though, off the top of my head only gravity pope I think.

I've seen them at Winners in Park Royal Mall. Obviously, YMMV
haulin oats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 09:40 AM   #960
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:

Browns - Pacific Centre and Metrotown
Town Shoes - Metrotown
The Bay - Pacific Centre; they have the widest selection imo. The other stores only have 3 but The Bay at PC has alot of Clarks DBs, and alot more clarks in general. They even have the Clarks Desert Treks like pictured on the previous page.
Urban Outfitters - Granville. Limited supply.
Stoneridge - Metrotown; They also carry the Clarks Desert Mali if you're into that too.

DBs from Browns, Town Shoes, Urban Outfitters and Stoneridge are around $140 before taxes. DBs from The Bay might be $140 before taxes, but I got mine for $110 or something like that because there was a sale going on. The Bay always has sales on Clarks
areyounoob is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-12-2011, 08:27 PM   #961
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:

if you're ever in Seattle, go to the Downtown Nordstrom Rack. They always have Clarks Desert Boots in the Beeswax colour and some in grey for $60.
RESN is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 10-12-2011, 08:42 PM   #962
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RESN View Post
if you're ever in Seattle, go to the Downtown Nordstrom Rack. They always have Clarks Desert Boots in the Beeswax colour and some in grey for $60.
fuck...Will pay someone to do a pickup if anyone is going down there.
MY PENIS IS THE SIZE OF A CIGARETTE LIGHTER! jizzing on my keyboard is hard for me! imma be fucked for life, but fuck it I'm a BITCH!
hongy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 05:45 PM   #963
Banned By Establishment

Hey guys I'm just wondering what should a young teen (about 16) get that's in the raw/selvedge category? I heard N&F are good, but not as firsts.
I lve in Richmond, but can travel as far as downtown/robson only, so no "you can grab them in Langley" or stuff like that please
supershopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 06:03 PM   #964
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 2,474 Times in 543 Posts
umm...N&F are perfect if they are your first pair of raw denims..You can pick them up at dutil, boys co or holt renfrew.

I recommend the broken twill skinny guys for faster fades..
RevYouUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 06:21 PM   #965

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
umm...N&F are perfect if they are your first pair of raw denims..You can pick them up at dutil, boys co or holt renfrew.

I recommend the broken twill skinny guys for faster fades..
I agree.
Naked & Famous are my first pair of raw denims and I love them. I picked up some Natural Indigos about 10 months ago; they're not good for fades at all.

Yeah, just get some Broken Twills. Plenty also carries Naked & Famous.
Old 10-18-2011, 06:40 PM   #966
Banned By Establishment

I'm also hitting the gym pretty hard nowadays, thigh size is increasing... is skinny still the better choice? And what's the difference between skinny guy and weird guy? On dutil's site, they look the same.

I know I'm asking too many q's atm, but is the bottom supposed to be SO stacked?
supershopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 06:54 PM   #967
#savethemanuals

Thanked 2,551 Times in 950 Posts
Skinny works if you're skinny. If you plan to bulk up then maybe not. If not skinny there are still slim fits that are flattering. Stacks are up to you but skinny jeans with no break are kind of girly.
Energy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 07:18 PM   #968

Quote:
Originally Posted by supershopper View Post
I'm also hitting the gym pretty hard nowadays, thigh size is increasing... is skinny still the better choice? And what's the difference between skinny guy and weird guy? On dutil's site, they look the same.

I know I'm asking too many q's atm, but is the bottom supposed to be SO stacked?
If you got bigger thighs go for the weird guy fit. If I recall correctly it is recommended you downsize one or two when buying a Weird Guy fit.
And stacks are personal preference. You can always cuff or hem them if their stacks are too much.
Old 10-18-2011, 07:51 PM   #969
Treasure Chest MOD

Thanked 1,602 Times in 704 Posts
+1 for n&f being a good starting pair. It's quality is superb for its price. I've been into raw selvedges for awhile now and n&f's are still one of my faves. Great fits, styles and fades. If you work out your lower body alot, I would not recommend getting straight slim cuts like the skinny guy because you'll end up having the denim wrap around your thighs and calves really tightly and have it really loose around the waist.
instantneedles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 08:07 PM   #970
Banned (ABWS)

Thanked 2,216 Times in 510 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by areyounoob View Post
Browns - Pacific Centre and Metrotown
Town Shoes - Metrotown
The Bay - Pacific Centre; they have the widest selection imo. The other stores only have 3 but The Bay at PC has alot of Clarks DBs, and alot more clarks in general. They even have the Clarks Desert Treks like pictured on the previous page.
Urban Outfitters - Granville. Limited supply.
Stoneridge - Metrotown; They also carry the Clarks Desert Mali if you're into that too.

DBs from Browns, Town Shoes, Urban Outfitters and Stoneridge are around $140 before taxes. DBs from The Bay might be $140 before taxes, but I got mine for $110 or something like that because there was a sale going on. The Bay always has sales on Clarks
Quote:
Originally Posted by RESN View Post
$110 - $140?

I'll just order off Amazon then, I do know you have to size down though.

Amazon sells for $ 75-90
illicitstylz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 09:54 PM   #971
Ready to be Man handled by RS!

I'll be different and recommend APC new standards or Petit Standards. They do cost around 40 bux more than your basic Naked and Famous indigos though.
DemonsBlood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 10:44 PM   #972
PJ
My name is PJ and I like dogs.

Thanked 1,683 Times in 532 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by supershopper View Post
N&F is a good starting pair.. if you wanna go even lower in price, check out Unbranded. They're made by N&F, and I think they go for around $80 a pair? Unbranded was my first pair, and I'm still wearing them. No complaints at all. Hell, it's raw denim, what is there to complain about?

You just gotta stay strong in not washing them for at least 6 months. Someone I know washed his after a week, and it turned out all blotchy..

And as for the gym thing.. it really depends on your body type and your style.. if you're a skinnier guy it's all good.. all raw denim is meant to be worn fairly snug.. or else you won't get your fades. IMO it kinda looks a little awkward if you take a huge muscular guy and throw a pair of skinny jeans on him.

Hello my name is PJ.

Buy/Sell Feedback 1-0-0
PJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 12:41 PM   #973
Treasure Chest MOD

Thanked 1,602 Times in 704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ View Post
N&F is a good starting pair.. if you wanna go even lower in price, check out Unbranded. They're made by N&F, and I think they go for around $80 a pair? Unbranded was my first pair, and I'm still wearing them. No complaints at all. Hell, it's raw denim, what is there to complain about?

You just gotta stay strong in not washing them for at least 6 months. Someone I know washed his after a week, and it turned out all blotchy..

And as for the gym thing.. it really depends on your body type and your style.. if you're a skinnier guy it's all good.. all raw denim is meant to be worn fairly snug.. or else you won't get your fades. IMO it kinda looks a little awkward if you take a huge muscular guy and throw a pair of skinny jeans on him.
it also depends. I have a skinny skeletal structure but I work out alot so my muscle:bone ratio is bigger. That's why I end up with a smaller waist than in proportion to my body. It's not always a matter of just being skinny or big, cus different heights, muscles in different areas, etc come into play.

also +1 for unbrandeds. Although I've never owned a pair before, I've tried a pair on and lemme just say the swag on those are on point. They won't have as big of a selection of fits and styles as its mother line n&f does, but definetly worth a go at.

PS: if you're into a pair of cheap nudies, I've got two available. Thin Finns and Average joes at my signature down below. Check em out, still lots of life left. Only worn for 2 weeks each and minor fading. The pricing is negotiable so feel free to hit me an offer. I just have a huge collection of nudies and sorta feel guilty for it so I'm selling em for cheaper.

There are no principles, there are only events. There is no good and bad, there are only circumstances. The superior espouses events and circumstances in order to guide them.
instantneedles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 12:53 PM   #974
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuhkyu View Post
I'm 4 months into my A.P.C new standards and I notice that I'm starting to get crotch blow, well right now the material is thinning but I want to avoid a full out crotch blow.
Any recommendations as to where I can get this repaired?
i always go to the stitch place across from zellers in Lansdowne Mall.
Last time I asked about my nudies, they told me $10 for one side of the crotch and $15 for both LOL
cctw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 02:48 PM   #975
Need to Seek Professional Help

Try Levis 501 STF those were my first pair
RESN is offline   Reply With Quote