REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   The Business and Financial Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/business-financial-forum_303/)
-   -   Business & Financial Forum Rules: March 2008 (https://www.revscene.net/forums/521695-business-financial-forum-rules-march-2008-a.html)

Macadamia 03-09-2008 11:32 AM

Business & Financial Forum Rules: March 2008

Please Read:

1. Illegal activity will not be tolerated and will be reported to the respected authorities immediately. There is no place for any tips on tax evasions, fraud, and get rich pyramid scams on Revscene. This will be considered spamming.

2. There will not be any specific stock recommendations of any kind except in the THE STOCK MARKET thread. Any recommendations should have a reliable source. Wild speculation will not be tolerated.

3. General Revscene.net rules are in affect. Any posts or threads deemed inappropriate will be removed. Infracting members will be dealt with harshly.

Disclaimer:
The forum is provided for informational purposes only. Furthermore, the information should be treated as opinion in nature. All financial decisions should be researched thoroughly as all circumstances differ depending on the needs and requirements. This forum may serve as a tool, but by no means is this forum the only tool used for research. Revscene.net is in no way responsible for any decisions made based on the information posted in this forum.

This forum is on a limited time trial basis

PNF 03-10-2008 09:43 AM

umm.. in regard to #2 rule.

Business and Finance IS about speculation and estimates. Whether they are wild or not is really a subjective opinion. No one calls Buffet making wild investments, because he is successful, but by all means, he ALWAYS have wild investment and speculations (or not speculations, but foresights, hehe)

bossxx 03-10-2008 08:46 PM

With regard to #2.

What is the difference between giving your opinion on a stock or a recommendation?

I don't think anyone recommends stocks on any of the threads around RS. But I always give my opinion. I rarely recommend stocks because of what could happen of course.

It is important for everyone to take opinions and such as a grain of salt, and to further do their own DD when investing in anything.

+Kardboard+ 03-11-2008 07:58 AM

Fair enough, although not everything here is about speculation and estimates.

I think it's somewhat clear that the rule is referring to Yahoo!-Finance-bulletin-board-style smack talk and baseless brain farts. :p The spirit is really something that says we (REVscene) are not responsible for your investment and financial decisions if you base them on stuff you read here.

Perhaps it would be more clear if the rule was worded something like that?

Gt-R R34 03-11-2008 11:07 AM

To add more to the point with Kardboard"

We don't want pumpers and dumpers here on this board. We respect opinions and recommendations, what we dont' want is.

"This stock has an incredible chance of hitting X dollars" or "I'm buying into this now! it's going to go shoot up like crazy"

Something with information and reasoning on why your speculating/opinion/recommending.

!SG 03-11-2008 09:24 PM

we just dont want ppl to start come crying to us saying they lost their life savings on a tip they found on RS, then they go around trying to sue RS and making it into a huge deal going to the media and everything. weather or not it holds in court, its still a situation we want to avoid.

and if u think its stupid that something like that will happen... trust me, someone is gonna be stupid enough to make it happen!