REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > The Business and Financial Forum

The Business and Financial Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Revscene Wall Street.
Consolidating debt? Good business tips? Buying stock? How's our economy doing? Discuss and share advice and tools on everyday banking, investing, wealth management and insurance.

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 11:32 AM   #1
Aloha!

Business & Financial Forum Rules: March 2008

Please Read:

1. Illegal activity will not be tolerated and will be reported to the respected authorities immediately. There is no place for any tips on tax evasions, fraud, and get rich pyramid scams on Revscene. This will be considered spamming.

2. There will not be any specific stock recommendations of any kind except in the THE STOCK MARKET thread. Any recommendations should have a reliable source. Wild speculation will not be tolerated.

3. General Revscene.net rules are in affect. Any posts or threads deemed inappropriate will be removed. Infracting members will be dealt with harshly.

Disclaimer:
The forum is provided for informational purposes only. Furthermore, the information should be treated as opinion in nature. All financial decisions should be researched thoroughly as all circumstances differ depending on the needs and requirements. This forum may serve as a tool, but by no means is this forum the only tool used for research. Revscene.net is in no way responsible for any decisions made based on the information posted in this forum.

This forum is on a limited time trial basis
Advertisement
---|||---|||---
---|||---|||---
----\\\-///----
-----\\///-----
------///\-----
-----///\\\----
----///--\\\-----

Last edited by Gt-R R34; 12-09-2008 at 02:07 PM.
Old 03-10-2008, 09:43 AM   #2
PNF
I bringith the lowerballerith

umm.. in regard to #2 rule.

Business and Finance IS about speculation and estimates. Whether they are wild or not is really a subjective opinion. No one calls Buffet making wild investments, because he is successful, but by all means, he ALWAYS have wild investment and speculations (or not speculations, but foresights, hehe)

Where All Lusts began....

08' AW E92 335i a few mods.....

01' SBM IS300 - Stock. Still running strong after 9+ years and 235k+ kms!!!
Old 03-10-2008, 08:46 PM   #3
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

With regard to #2.

What is the difference between giving your opinion on a stock or a recommendation?

I don't think anyone recommends stocks on any of the threads around RS. But I always give my opinion. I rarely recommend stocks because of what could happen of course.

It is important for everyone to take opinions and such as a grain of salt, and to further do their own DD when investing in anything.
Old 03-11-2008, 07:58 AM   #4
Chinese Guy, Swedish Rides

Fair enough, although not everything here is about speculation and estimates.

I think it's somewhat clear that the rule is referring to Yahoo!-Finance-bulletin-board-style smack talk and baseless brain farts. The spirit is really something that says we (REVscene) are not responsible for your investment and financial decisions if you base them on stuff you read here.

Perhaps it would be more clear if the rule was worded something like that?

'88 245DL Uncle Sven the Swedish Rice Rocket|'95 945T Darth Haul|'82 242GLT B23E Lumpy the Angry Viking|'77 244DL, red/sold|'90 744T C3P-LOL, gold/sold
RS Feedback (46-0-0)
Old 03-11-2008, 11:07 AM   #5
Ubereem Mod

To add more to the point with Kardboard"

We don't want pumpers and dumpers here on this board. We respect opinions and recommendations, what we dont' want is.

"This stock has an incredible chance of hitting X dollars" or "I'm buying into this now! it's going to go shoot up like crazy"

Something with information and reasoning on why your speculating/opinion/recommending.
Old 03-11-2008, 09:24 PM   #6
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

Thanked 2,253 Times in 626 Posts
we just dont want ppl to start come crying to us saying they lost their life savings on a tip they found on RS, then they go around trying to sue RS and making it into a huge deal going to the media and everything. weather or not it holds in court, its still a situation we want to avoid.

and if u think its stupid that something like that will happen... trust me, someone is gonna be stupid enough to make it happen!

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors
JP Cellular Repair | Ebisu on Robson | Wings Restaurant Pub & Grill Burnaby | Overseas Auto | BlitzGear Inc | HID Outlet | Sounds Good Auto Service | Racing Greed | The Speed Syndicate | N-Motion Auto | Performance One |

If you are interested in advertising on Revscene.net, email me at Advertisement@revscene.net for further details.
Closed Thread