REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   The John Norwich Riders Corner (https://www.revscene.net/forums/john-norwich-riders-corner_45/)
-   -   You Dropped Your Bike! (https://www.revscene.net/forums/522637-you-dropped-your-bike.html)

slammer111 06-28-2008 05:20 PM

Dropped the Sherpa once while doing the Pacific course in the lot, but that doesn't count.

Passed my MSA, and rode (I live near UBC) out to SFU and back in the rain. Was so proud of myself that I got overconfident and locked up the rear wheel at the 2nd last traffic light, blocks from my house. Recovered to a full stop, but the bike was off-balance and started falling - I jumped clear. The bike had already been dumped probably a good 10x on each side before by who knows how many previous owners so there was no new damage, but boy was it embarrassing. The people waiting in this one car in the opposite direction were all pointing and laughing. :lol

A few days later, I dumped it on the other side trying to park the damn thing in my garage. ><

It was my friend's 1986 VFR400R NC21. He didn't care though (he even offered to pay for the parts I broke!), because the previous month I hooked him up with a girl. :)

brute_4s 06-29-2008 11:49 AM

yeah i was pulling up to a gate at work where i have to scan my card...but i have to stop my bike on the sensor so i went to kick the stand down not knowing it popped back up...went to lean the bike on a non existant stand and watched my heart break. luckily somehow the fairings werent damaged on my 08 gsxr 600 it was only a scraped clutch cover, broke 2 inches off my clutch handle and scraped the handlebar.

hurt my pride more than the bike

msor 06-30-2008 09:10 PM

DAMNIT, so i started this thread.

On Saturday,
I'll make this short.
I lowsided on a right turn as i hit gravel. i make an insurance claim

my 02 yamaha r6 has basically right side fairing damage/stratches (no cracks) and the yoshi has a couple dents, right singles, right handle bar - only scratches. now sending this bike to a shop (ex, yamaha motors, carter etc.) through icbc; does anyone know how long it'll take to get new fairings?

i want to keep the original color scheme and not get it custom painted.
F***in sucks though

racerman88 07-01-2008 08:11 AM

shouldn't take too long. You could try calling around to see who has the fairings in stock and take it to them.

dubzz24 07-01-2008 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by msor (Post 5922579)
DAMNIT, so i started this thread.

On Saturday,
I'll make this short.
I lowsided on a right turn as i hit gravel. i make an insurance claim

my 02 yamaha r6 has basically right side fairing damage/stratches (no cracks) and the yoshi has a couple dents, right singles, right handle bar - only scratches. now sending this bike to a shop (ex, yamaha motors, carter etc.) through icbc; does anyone know how long it'll take to get new fairings?

i want to keep the original color scheme and not get it custom painted.
F***in sucks though

If that's all the damage don't bother going through ICBC. The hike in your rates isn't worth it. Try calling Supersport in Langley. When I layed down my F4 I got everything from them for $350. Mirror, fairing, tank, clip-on, rear set, clutch lever.

Ilagon 07-01-2008 11:24 AM

I lowsided a friend's 600RR while going around a corner at about 30 km/h. The ground and tire were cold and gave a little too much throttle. Luckily the damage was minimal.

I crashed my GSXR about a month ago stunting in a parking lot. A stoppie gone too far. It's getting fixed as we speak. Thank goodness I was wearing all my gear. If I wasn't, I would've took all the skin off my knuckles, my chin and the side of my head would have been taken down to the bone, and the left side of my body would be all scraped up.

Gear ftw.

fille 07-02-2008 12:58 AM

during rush hour i got lost driving my bike home from purchasing across the border. somehow ended up going towards Twassen so i stopped at a 4-way stopped and lost my footing. dropped it right in the middle of the road. cars were honking as i dragged myself and the bike off to the side of the road.

i have no idea how i lost my footing. i guess i was just nervous

Big Daddy 07-03-2008 11:48 AM

May 25th, '08 GSX-R 750, owned the bike for 20 days, 1078km on the odo. Tight corner, small amount of gravel...aftermath:

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...9/DSC00081.jpg
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...DSC00089-1.jpg
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...9/DSC00109.jpg
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...32151_4338.jpg

6thGear. 07-03-2008 06:13 PM

is that a broken foot? damn. sorry to see and hear about that. its not funny anymore when someone gets injured. was it all road conditions that caused this? were you wearing all gear?

haymura 07-04-2008 08:20 AM

ouch! a broken leg. hope ur leg gets better in time for the riding season.

mc25 07-04-2008 08:55 PM

First and only crash so far, gravelly twisty road, me over confident, wasnt going overly fast, but didnt pay enough attention to the gravel, slid on it, left side went down at about 60km/h, hit my knee, smacked my head and slid into the ditch.
Aftermath: broken helmet (kept my head protected, i didnt even feel that big of a thump!)
was wearing regular jeans, not a good idea, sliced open my left side knee, and i still have scar tissue about the size of a nickle on my knee cap, dead skin. knee hurts from time to time, i think its from the small accident.
other than that, got up limping, and healed quickly!

bike aftermath: scratched left mirror, front cowl. cracked left fairing, bent shift lever, and brake lever.

Big Daddy 07-05-2008 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6thGear. (Post 5927374)
is that a broken foot? damn. sorry to see and hear about that. its not funny anymore when someone gets injured. was it all road conditions that caused this? were you wearing all gear?

That would be a dislocated and broken right ankle, and a severely sprained left ankle (not to mention a bruised ego ;)), due to the gear I had on, I had no road rash at all, there was a Toonie in my right carrgo pocket which was scraped up after the first layer of the pants ripped off, gonna put that into some sort of display along with the "R" that my buddy snagged off my fairing ;).

I was going hard into the corner as I have many times before, little bit of gravel goes a long way, I should have been more alert to the potential of gravel on this corner. Was wearing my Teknic Jacket (now fucked), my Icon Superduty II pants (now fucked), my Icon Helmet (some scratches and a fucked visor), Teknic Gloves (just dirty) and work boots. If I would've had the riding boots I planned to buy this year, my ankle may have been fine...or maybe not, no way to tell.

nammerstar 07-20-2008 10:27 AM

dropped it at a stand still in a parking lot, lost balance hit the no return point, done. second drop was when the bike starting to roll, snapped the front brake, done, 2 drop in the first month of riding, have an 04 cbr 600rr, first season of riding.

twinkatana 07-21-2008 08:04 PM

my first drop was when i just got the bikes for a few days. I was off the bike trying to kick down the kick stand. i leaned the bike away from myself and i leaned the bike a little too far and fell away from me. my heart just sank. it was my first bike a 06 gixxer 600.
i also lowsided going 20-30 km at cypress the same season made some nasty marks on the fairings but i came out fine. made some nice cracks on the fairings too

unreal_civic 07-22-2008 05:37 PM

first day i got the bike. 2001 cbr600f4i stupid enough to went in to the sidewalk from a slope then tried to go back into the road down the curb. baad idea. front wheel was off the curb while back wheel was on the curb. lost footing and slowly watched my heart sink. 1 week after backed out of my garage with a slope. accelerated out of the slope but didnt have enough room for the turn, braked, and boom. strached turn signal, mirrir, exahut, and the fairings.

kailou 07-23-2008 01:21 AM

hit some loose gravel and went down on old vernon road, the last turn towards highway 97. Some cosmetic damage on left and right fairings, broke my shifter, mirrors, and signal lights.

theputz 07-24-2008 06:55 AM

I dropper my old bike twice. First time was within the first two months on the road and it was at a gas station (popular place to drop) and i was walking it and the front tire hit a rock and it fell (things are heavy) second time was in the garage taking it off the rear tire stand thought the kick stand was down started to lower it gently when i noticed the stand wasnt down it was to late. Bad feeling laing on top of your bike...

CRiXy 07-24-2008 07:43 PM

Every bike can and will go down. You just don't know when. Ride safe.

made_bucky 07-26-2008 12:33 AM

learning on a zx-6r .. stalled bike tipped over and cut my leg open woohoo ....

slammer111 07-26-2008 03:11 AM

^ Yikes, my buddy just did the exact same thing with his ZX-6R yesterday.. except he didn't slice his leg open.

monster killer 07-26-2008 08:17 AM

Sounds like alot of you guys need to invest in a crash cage,the one that stunters use.

6thGear. 07-26-2008 11:09 AM

or a smaller bike.

kailou 07-27-2008 11:48 PM

you dont really need a cage unless you're stuntin, just slap on some frame sliders.

made_bucky 07-29-2008 03:47 PM

just wiped out 2 days ago stupid mistake .. in painnnn !!!!

6thGear. 07-29-2008 05:27 PM

if i had some extra cash, i;d rock a cage over frame sliders. sliders won't do shit when your bike is sliding and it snags a crack in the road. when that happens, it'll twist your frame. and we all know that roads aren't exactly perfect out there. only thing sliders do well, is when you are at a low speed drop (under 15 km/h) or a standstill drop.