REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Buy & Sell > Licensed Automotive VENDORS Forum > --> Revscene.net Automotive VENDORS Links <--- > HID Outlet

Old 03-25-2008, 10:37 AM   #1
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

hid outlet

This is starting to annoy me. Late last year, I called them several times to price a fog light kit. The guy who answered didn't know and said he had to ask the other guy when he gets back. I called 3 times or something like that and he said he'll call me back instead. He never did. I decided to not call back because I didn't want to deal with them, but I couldn't find any other place that carried them locally.

I know, it was a long weekend, but it's Tuesday today. Easter Monday was yesterday. Shouldn't people be back to work today? Their store hours is 10am-6pm Mon-Fri. I called at roughly 11am and nobody picked up. Not even an answering machine. I called their affiliate, Revspot, and nobody was there also. This is starting to piss me off.

I had a relatively good experience earlier last year getting my head lights and tail lights, but now, I don't like them at all.
Advertisement
yingjai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 12:35 PM   #2
RS.net Licensed Sponsor

Hi there,

Thank you for your patience. We do have new staff on training at times, and I apologize if your needs were not met at the time of your call.

We highly value your business! Our offices were closed on Easter Monday because we are currently moving to a larger facility.

Tony
HID Outlet

Retail
Crystal Mall
2307-4500 Kingsway
Burnaby, BC V5H 2A9
Tel. (604) 435-3285
12:00pm to 7:00pm open 7 days

Retail
Super Garage (Aberdeen Centre)
1390-4151 Hazelbridge Way
Richmond, BC V6X 4J7
Tel. (604) 295-6622

Retail
Overdrive (Metrotown Center)
4700 Kingsway, Unit E10
Burnaby, BC V5H 4M1
Tel. (604) 559-8855

Old 03-25-2008, 05:53 PM   #3

it's okay. i kept calling today and someone finally picked up
Old 03-25-2008, 06:30 PM   #4
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

Thanked 2,253 Times in 626 Posts
not everyone knows EVERYTHING on the list. you may be an important customer, but chances are, if they are successful, you are probably the 50th person to call that day. now say every search takes 10mins, thats still a day or so to get back to u. some items take time to look for.

so you decided not to call back, couldnt find the kit anywhere else, and write a shit-on thread on RS? try pm'ing, or going in person. if things get busy, not everyone is sitting at the phone to answer right away. try calling back in 1/2 an hour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yingjai View Post
This is starting to annoy me. Late last year, I called them several times to price a fog light kit. The guy who answered didn't know and said he had to ask the other guy when he gets back. I called 3 times or something like that and he said he'll call me back instead. He never did. I decided to not call back because I didn't want to deal with them, but I couldn't find any other place that carried them locally.

I know, it was a long weekend, but it's Tuesday today. Easter Monday was yesterday. Shouldn't people be back to work today? Their store hours is 10am-6pm Mon-Fri. I called at roughly 11am and nobody picked up. Not even an answering machine. I called their affiliate, Revspot, and nobody was there also. This is starting to piss me off.

I had a relatively good experience earlier last year getting my head lights and tail lights, but now, I don't like them at all.

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors
JP Cellular Repair | Ebisu on Robson | Wings Restaurant Pub & Grill Burnaby | Overseas Auto | BlitzGear Inc | HID Outlet | Sounds Good Auto Service | Racing Greed | The Speed Syndicate | N-Motion Auto | Performance One |

If you are interested in advertising on Revscene.net, email me at Advertisement@revscene.net for further details.
!SG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 08:05 AM   #5

my point is they said they would call me back after i called them several times. i don't live in richmond and i don't like driving there for no reason. last time i was in richmond, i called them and they said i didn't need to go to the store in person cause they will notify me when the other guy gets back. and that was several months ago. don't bash when you don't know exactly what happened.

Last edited by yingjai; 03-26-2008 at 08:06 AM.
Old 03-28-2008, 01:54 PM   #6
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

Thanked 2,253 Times in 626 Posts
1) re read my thread. where is the bashing?

2) do not bite the hand that allows u to post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yingjai View Post
my point is they said they would call me back after i called them several times. i don't live in richmond and i don't like driving there for no reason. last time i was in richmond, i called them and they said i didn't need to go to the store in person cause they will notify me when the other guy gets back. and that was several months ago. don't bash when you don't know exactly what happened.

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors
JP Cellular Repair | Ebisu on Robson | Wings Restaurant Pub & Grill Burnaby | Overseas Auto | BlitzGear Inc | HID Outlet | Sounds Good Auto Service | Racing Greed | The Speed Syndicate | N-Motion Auto | Performance One |

If you are interested in advertising on Revscene.net, email me at Advertisement@revscene.net for further details.
!SG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 02:11 PM   #7
I STILL don't get it

Their website doesn't even work. Did they close down?
platinum300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 02:26 PM   #8
Need to Seek Professional Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by platinum300 View Post
Their website doesn't even work. Did they close down?
It works fine. Check your internet connection. www.hidoutlet.ca

Attached Images
File Type: jpg hidoutlet.jpg (118.0 KB, 0 views)
LenovoTurbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 07:36 AM   #9
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
website still not working. not even the generic webpage from the screencapture above. not sure how long it has been like that because it's my first time there... does anyone know if they are still in business?
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 09:10 AM   #10
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
The webpage works for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 09:35 AM   #11
Witness protection

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumAznGuy View Post
The webpage works for me.
really? ugh... all i get is some blog page that crashes IE.
"The guy in the CR-V meanwhile, he'll give you a haughty glare. He's responsibly trying to lessen his impact, but there you go lumbering past him with your loud V8, flouting the new reality. You may as well go do some donuts in a strawberry patch and slalom through a litter of kittens." Dan Frio, Automotive Editor, Edmunds
Old 09-22-2011, 09:47 AM   #12
Pull Out Towing. Women rescued for free.

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,283 Posts
I get the same blog thing but at the top to the right it has the HID page links.

The page says I need to update my flash though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu1413 View Post
and icing on the cake, lady driving a newer chrysler 200 infront of me... jumped out of her car, dropped her pants, did an immediate squat and did probably the longest public relief ever...... steam and all.

(11-0-0) Buy/Sell rating
Christine
Shitvic
Pull Out Towing
SumAznGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 09:59 AM   #13
Witness protection

Quote:
Originally Posted by SumAznGuy View Post
I get the same blog thing but at the top to the right it has the HID page links.

The page says I need to update my flash though.
can you post that link please? IE crashes before i can get a chance to see the links come up.