REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics

Computer Tech, Gaming & Electronics THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Silicon Valley.
Tips & tricks, tech support, home theatre, online gaming, reviews, latest news...

Old 04-28-2008, 11:28 PM   #1
Trollollolloing RS sine 2005

Thanked 2,471 Times in 704 Posts
EB Games' trade in program

so how does this trade in program work? do i just bring in a few of my old games and trade it in for store credit? does it work for new releases such as GTA4? how much do they usually give u per game u bring in?
Advertisement
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1exotic View Post
Vtec doesn't kick in on Reverse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulic Qel-Droma View Post
its like.. oh yeah oh yeah.. ohhhh yeah... OOoooOohh... why's it suddenly feel a bit better... ohhhh yeahh... ohhh...oh..fuck... it probably ripped.
TOPEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 01:13 AM   #2
(ノº _ º)ノ彡┻━┻

i saw somebody trade in about 15 games once.. + i think he had to pay a bit more.. all for one game in exchange. laff

try to sell off ur games on ur own first

Last edited by jnesss; 04-29-2008 at 01:13 AM.
jnesss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 09:53 AM   #3
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

when i used to work there i used to offer people like a buck more then what the company was offering hahaha

MY FEEDBACK FORUM! (I'M A GOOD GUY,HAHA)
BMWSTEVE.604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 11:29 AM   #4

still nobody answers my questions lol...
Quote:
Quote:
its like.. oh yeah oh yeah.. ohhhh yeah... OOoooOohh... why's it suddenly feel a bit better... ohhhh yeahh... ohhh...oh..fuck... it probably ripped.
Old 04-29-2008, 03:01 PM   #5
無敵

EB's trade in system is a rip..
They give you money but it's very less...
Heck, I knew some guy that trade in like a slim PS2 /w 2 controllers, like 10 games + and he had to add money for a dslite
muteki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 03:37 PM   #6
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

right now if you trade 3 games that are all worth more than $8 you can get one new release in return.
EXV603 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 05:34 PM   #7
(╯°□°)╯聽不到 ╮(°□°╮)

Thanked 11,200 Times in 2,279 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EXV603 View Post
right now if you trade 3 games that are all worth more than $8 you can get one new release in return.
still not quite worth
but then..games from ps3 release
some are still worth more than 20
like gundam crossfire and ridgeracer
haha
Tim Budong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 09:59 PM   #8
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,403 Times in 5,675 Posts
any deals on trading in towards GTA4?
Old 05-01-2008, 12:12 AM   #9
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

I ended up trading some ps3 games: COD3, Nascar08, and R6 Vegas for a GTA4 preorder a week ago, well worth it for me as the only game I play out of those is R6.
celica604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 09:49 AM   #10
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

headsup wait this summer... Future Shop will be doing Game Trade-Ins sometime in June or July. =D
There will be over 2500 titles that will accept as trade-ins.
honda_h2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 12:22 PM   #11
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Thanked 1,768 Times in 909 Posts
For anybody who trades in their old games like me never and I saw never go to EB Games. Mang these guys know how to rip you off. I do all my trading at Blockbuster and for the most part all their trade in values are higher then EB. Usually significantly higher too not just by a few bucks or something. Just as an example I just traded in GT Prologue to Blockbuster for $28, Eb was offering $13. Eb to my understand also does not have a minimum trade in value which means the game you trade in might only get you like $2. Blockbuster does have a minimum trade in value of $8 regardless of how crappy that game is, if it's on the list they will accept it. Most games are on their list except for older sports games, Safe to say if the sports game dates back more then 1 year they won't take it, but that's the nature of sports games though so it's understandable.

I just traded 15 or so games at BB recently and have a $289 credit, I can't say for a fact cause I didn't ask EB nor do I work there and know but I'm 100% positive that if I traded the same games into EB I would of gotten half that if I was lucky.

Heck a game like Tenchu which is worth nothing at EB is worth $19 at Block Bluster as we speak. Sure Eb offers trade 3 games in get this new shit free sometimes but you know what Blockbuster also offers those deals all the time on new games, GTA IV included.

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 12:49 PM   #12

^ interesting.. so do i just bring in my old games into blockbuster and talk to the dude and see if they accept my games?
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-02-2008, 01:21 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX_Renesis View Post
^ interesting.. so do i just bring in my old games into blockbuster and talk to the dude and see if they accept my games?
Yes just go in and say you want to trade in some games and they will take your games and scan them to see if they are in their system. The $8 minimum I was speaking also refers to Next Gen Console games only. So don't expect to get $8 for some crappy PS2 game.

Last year their minimum was $12 but as of Jan 1st it was $8, not sure if they changed it again after or not but I imagine they didn't.

In addition I'm not sure if you can just trade in for cash, this was never an option I cared for cause I'm saving up my credits to buy a PS3 from them so if you are looking for cash call them first and ask. I only know for a fact that for store credit they offer you 2 kinds. One is to be used at that location only and the other you can use at any location.

Lastly Vancouver BBV locations do not accept trade ins, All other locations do though like Richmond, Burnaby etc.. It's some kind of weird law that bans Vancouver locations from doing so. Even the Blockbuster employees are baffled by this as well but whatever.

Last edited by winson604; 05-02-2008 at 01:22 PM.
Old 05-02-2008, 01:23 PM   #14
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,655 Times in 2,306 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by winson604 View Post

Lastly Vancouver BBV locations do not accept trade ins, All other locations do though like Richmond, Burnaby etc.. It's some kind of weird law that bans Vancouver locations from doing so. Even the Blockbuster employees are baffled by this as well but whatever.
wow that sure sucks. i live by a BBV to. lol
Vansterdam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 02:41 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vansterdam View Post
wow that sure sucks. i live by a BBV to. lol
Haha yea that's when it sucks. I'm literally a min away from the BBV on renfrew but I gotta drive over to the other one on Hastings. I mean it ain't a far drive but when you go from 1 min to 5 it's annoying.

Old 04-19-2009, 03:13 PM   #16
MOD

Thanked 7,553 Times in 1,957 Posts
anyone traded at Futureshop? How's their value? Better than EB?

Gh0stRider's Buy & Sell Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieH View Post
whole time i thought gh0strider was white lol

Gh0stRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 04:35 PM   #17
Cool beans bro

Thanked 1,054 Times in 231 Posts
www.tivs.ca

Best site ever for trade in values. Just make sure the date that it was posted is relatively new.
JordanLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 07:35 PM   #18
RS Operative (G)

Thanked 4,566 Times in 1,529 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRD604 View Post
anyone traded at Futureshop? How's their value? Better than EB?
way better, eb is a fucking joke
hal0g0dv2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 07:49 PM   #19
I don't get it

^Not always true, FS tends to give $22.80 for a lot of new releases where EB would give $35+. The credits you get from FS would be taxable whereas EB's credit isn't.

If the time is right you can spend a bit of time to find three games that are worth $8 or more TIV and get yourself a $69.99 new release.
chopchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 09:04 PM   #20
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,826 Times in 3,906 Posts
FS is still new TIV..so its pretty inconsistent
BBV seems to offer better deals than EB
twitchyzero is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 12:46 AM   #21
MOD

based on that site, EB/FS would offer more value than BBV.

Quote:

Old 04-20-2009, 01:01 AM   #22
Banned (ABWS)

EB offers good value, u can find some of these tradeable games on craigs for cheaper
liu13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 07:18 AM   #23

I've traded in over $1000 in store credit over the past year and a half and here is my conclusion.

In the past EB was a joke end fo story. BBV for quite a while was pretty dope as their trade in values were pretty high even for games that were pretty damn old. Quite often I was getting close to $20 credit for an old game when EB was only giving about $5 or less for the same game. However, it has shifted now. EB games has raised their values and BBV has dropped theirs probably realising that they have been screwing themselves over for a while. I have aklready stopped going to BBV all together and have no issues with EB. For popular games like GTA4, Fallout, all those Wii classics like any Mario type game their values have also stayed really high at EB for months. Even those Wii mario games right now are close to the $30 range and these games have been out for over a year. BBV will give high values for a new game but they only hold that value for like less then a month from release which is wack. No experience with FS though.

Old 04-20-2009, 11:08 AM   #24
MOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop View Post
^Not always true, FS tends to give $22.80 for a lot of new releases where EB would give $35+. The credits you get from FS would be taxable whereas EB's credit isn't.

If the time is right you can spend a bit of time to find three games that are worth $8 or more TIV and get yourself a $69.99 new release.
Does FS give you cash for it or store credit? FS offers 37 and EB offers 36 for my game. No idea where to goto.

Quote:

Old 04-20-2009, 11:13 AM   #25
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,826 Times in 3,906 Posts
^ gift card, which game is it?
twitchyzero is online now   Reply With Quote