REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Vacations and World Travel

Vacations and World Travel Visiting our beautiful city? Come stay at the Arbutus Vista - Vancouver's Bed & Breakfast.
How was your trip? Which tour packages would you recommend/avoid? Must do's and must eats? Share tips, photos and experiences with other senior RS members who just want to get away..

Old 08-08-2008, 04:54 PM   #51
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Yea jace post some pics up while you are there or when you get back.. are u bringing a laptop?
Advertisement
bossxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 02:16 AM   #52
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,383 Times in 3,465 Posts
Best tip: Go out with your hotel every night. They will take you to the best clubs.

You go in without waiting in line and get full VIP table service including full bottles and mix at your table plus any other brinks you want from the bar for $35 to $45 a night. The only thing you have to pay for is tips and the Taxi home. Bring a lot of small bills for tips. Me and 3 of my buddies went in feb and had an amazing time. Went 6 out of the 7 nights and hit all the major clubs in cancun and saw DJ Clinton Sparks play at the city discotheque. It's an amazing club that holds 5000 people with a million watt sound system and it was better than anything we saw win Vegas the year before.

Clubs we went to in order:

Coco bongo's: don't remember much guess why $40

Senor Frogs: Amazing super energetic staff indoor pool. Try the slide it soots you into the ocean. 2nd favorite. $35

Basic: White dome shaped club on the ocean with a dance floor on springs. Amazing view. $35

Day off: dead tired on the forth night.

city discotheque: A clubbers club. Massive in size tons of lights. Crazy acts and they flew in DJ Clinton Sparks for the night. My favorite club. $45

Daddy rocks: a good club that brought in DJ Cobra for the night. No acts like some of the other clubs and I was dead tired but DJ Cobra put on a good show.$45

Daddy Rocks: Smaller club but had some good shows and had a real good staff. It was our last night and I was super tired.

Stayed at the Riu Caribe and it was a great hotel. Only down sides of the trip? I only got to eat breakfast 3 times out of the 7 days and could have used more rest.

Last edited by Manic!; 08-13-2008 at 02:18 AM.
Manic! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 06:40 PM   #53

Thanks for the club reviews. We are gonna probably just check out Cocobongo.. although you never know haha.

34 hours till takeoff.. weeeeee

Is there any type of dresscode at cocobongo or other places? I doubt there is but just asking.

Last edited by bossxx; 08-14-2008 at 07:56 PM.
Old 08-15-2008, 07:53 AM   #54

Thanked 1,763 Times in 905 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by redliine View Post
Thanks for the club reviews. We are gonna probably just check out Cocobongo.. although you never know haha.

34 hours till takeoff.. weeeeee

Is there any type of dresscode at cocobongo or other places? I doubt there is but just asking.
nah no dress code

GREG ADAMS!! GREG ADAMS!!"
winson604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 09:40 PM   #55

K thanks man.

woo hoo im all packed up.. gonna be up realllly early tomorrow..
Old 08-16-2008, 01:50 AM   #56

dress code the less close the better.
At Senor Frogs some milf was flashing the crowd and then the staff attached a cable to here feet and stared to spin her upside down. she was wearing a dress and no undies. The dude she was with was loving it and everyone was taking pics. Your only there for a week hit every club you can.

Also soccer jerseys are really cheap there. I payed $30 US for 2 Man U ones.

Last edited by Manic!; 08-16-2008 at 01:51 AM.
Manic! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 03:56 AM   #57
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,941 Times in 765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post

Also soccer jerseys are really cheap there. I payed $30 US for 2 Man U ones.
they weren't cheap, they were fake
4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2008, 12:22 AM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4444 View Post
they weren't cheap, they were fake
lol I have to agree although maybe he lucked out and found a good sale or a store that sold real but cheap ones. Otherwise soccer Jerseys and stuff in general at their real malls (not markets) were pretty much the same price as us if not more expensive. Any "cheap" jerseys I saw were from the market and were obviously fake. No way in hell they were real. It's like buying them from the Richmond Night Market and believing they are real. Not gonna happen. Any cheap ones I did see at a real store were like old school players who no longer play for that team, clearence items so to speak.

Last edited by winson604; 08-17-2008 at 12:23 AM.
Old 08-18-2008, 03:10 PM   #59
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,344 Times in 972 Posts
they never check ID. boy oh boy, u guys are young or maybe i'm old. 6 guys into a VW, no license, no insurance. cops pulled us over and wanted to give us a ticket. then the mexican driving the car hinted he wanted money. we paid him 12 dollars USD and he left. this was 11 yrs ago. senior frog is still going strong back 11 yrs ago.

i remember we had some french dudes pissing into the pool cause they were so drunk at 3 in the morning. just be friend with the hotel dudes and they'll love ya
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 04:23 PM   #60

In my room right now.. going to cocobongo tonight.

just checking the weathernetwork haha its gonna hot be hotttt all week

fuck yaaa will post up a few pics when \I get home sunday.
Old 08-18-2008, 08:55 PM   #61
Founder, RS Veteran

got back on saturday

So I got back on Saturday. I had a great experience at Cancun, Mexico!

Coco Bongo - OFF DA HOOK. It was effin' crazy in there. The show, the dancing, the music, the atmosphere, the explosions, the balloons, the video, the drinks.. enough said. MUST SEE. I paid $50, but it was ALL good.

Bus - Don't take the taxi. I took it once for emergency purposes and it costed like $23 USD. If you can, take the bus. It's like 6.50 pesos.

La Isla, Kulkulkan Mall, Market 28 - good shopping zones. Market 28 is like a day market like in HK or Thailand. There are agressive vendors, but not as aggressive as the ones in Bali Just have to have strong, negotiating skills.

Oasis Cancun Resort - I will not go there ever again. I won't send my worst enemy there. You pay for what you get, I guess. The air condition was messed up 2x. We got upgraded into the VIP sweet for creating a fuss at the front desk, but even that had bugs crawling on the floor. I would suggest saving the $$ and going to a better resort like Moon Palace. Yes it says 4 stars but resorts now are like up to 5 DIAMONDS.

Drunken people - I fucken hate the stupid drunken tourists. They are inconsiderate and rude and should be thrown in a Mexican slammer and taught manners in a foreign country. You are in THEIR country. Respect it!

Tips - bring a lot of $1 us bills because they go FAST. And these waiters and servers bust their asses off. I see rich folk ordering them around and leave NO tip. Yes it's all inclusive, but you should TIP. It means the world to these people. I gave up to 30% tip at a time for great service.

Overall, I had a great time and a great tan

Bored? Follow jACE on Twitter or check out his homepage.
jACEDesignsLtd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 06:35 AM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by jACE View Post

Coco Bongo - OFF DA HOOK. It was effin' crazy in there. The show, the dancing, the music, the atmosphere, the explosions, the balloons, the video, the drinks.. enough said. MUST SEE. I paid $50, but it was ALL good.

Bus - Don't take the taxi. I took it once for emergency purposes and it costed like $23 USD. If you can, take the bus. It's like 6.50 pesos.

La Isla, Kulkulkan Mall, Market 28 - good shopping zones. Market 28 is like a day market like in HK or Thailand. There are agressive vendors, but not as aggressive as the ones in Bali Just have to have strong, negotiating skills.

Oasis Cancun Resort - I will not go there ever again. I won't send my worst enemy there. You pay for what you get, I guess. The air condition was messed up 2x. We got upgraded into the VIP sweet for creating a fuss at the front desk, but even that had bugs crawling on the floor. I would suggest saving the $$ and going to a better resort like Moon Palace. Yes it says 4 stars but resorts now are like up to 5 DIAMONDS.

Drunken people - I fucken hate the stupid drunken tourists. They are inconsiderate and rude and should be thrown in a Mexican slammer and taught manners in a foreign country. You are in THEIR country. Respect it!

Tips - bring a lot of $1 us bills because they go FAST. And these waiters and servers bust their asses off. I see rich folk ordering them around and leave NO tip. Yes it's all inclusive, but you should TIP. It means the world to these people. I gave up to 30% tip at a time for great service.

Good to see you had a good trip Jace. I wanted to say Oasis is a hurting hotel (from what I heard) but didn't want to ive you negative feelings about your trip before you even went haha.

Old 08-21-2008, 10:28 AM   #63
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

I'm thinking of taking my gf somewhere. What would you guys prefer? Cancun or Los Cabos? Just want to get away =)
411ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 06:44 AM   #64

^^
Been to both in the past 2 years. It depends really. BUt honestly I would pick Cancun over Los Cabos any day of the week. The beaches and water in Cancun are WAAAY crazier then Los Cabos. The sand in Cancun was actually like almost pure white and no rocks at all, just pure sand. Water was clear as fuck and really nice to swim in.

Los Cabos sand although pretty nice in color had so many little pebble and rocks. The water was also not as glorious and the currents there are so strong they actually recommend that you don't swim in it. I can't tell you how many times I saw people sleeping on the beach quite some ways from the water and then the current would suddenly get stronger and the water came up and got them completely soaked. Although Los Cabos does have Lover Beach and that was absolutely awesome. The beach and view there was amazing. But getting onto Lovers Beach itself is pretty dangerous. They take you there in these ghetto boats and drive up as close as they can and you have to jump off into the water. I actually almost died or got seriously injured cause after I jumped off the current suddenly came and I was in between 2 boats which were both heading in my direction. I just about got sanwiched but managed to escape it bearly.

Partying in Cancun to imo was alot better as well and there just seemed to have more shit to do in Cancun. Like more sites you can go check out like xcaret and chitiniza for example. Like I said it really depends.

Old 08-25-2008, 08:36 PM   #65
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

^ Thanks bro! gotta keep that in mind. I didn't know it could be bad in Cabos. What's the best time/month to go to Cancun? last thing I want to experience is bad weather during a vacation lol
411ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 06:35 AM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by 411ken View Post
^ Thanks bro! gotta keep that in mind. I didn't know it could be bad in Cabos. What's the best time/month to go to Cancun? last thing I want to experience is bad weather during a vacation lol
Well it ain't bad in Cabos. Really their beaches was just lacking in comparison to Cancun. But regardless still 100 times better then Vancouver beaches. Weather wise for Cabos it will always be sunny. Don't get me wrong Los Cabos is a great place too but I personally just found Cancun much sweeter. In addition I went to Cancun first so going to Cabos was almost a repeat in a sence.

For Cancun:

June- too soon.
July-- stand by!
August-- look out you must.
September-- remember.
October, all over
*note some say even till november

However, when I went to Cancun 2 years ago I went in August and the weather was absolutely amazing. Just keep in mind going during these times does pose a huge risk though.

Los Cabos is prone to hurricanes too of course. Best bet is to go during our cold season although lots of people will just go during our summer anyways. It's like buyer beware.

Got any questions holla.

Old 08-31-2008, 06:40 PM   #67
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by winson604 View Post
Good to see you had a good trip Jace. I wanted to say Oasis is a hurting hotel (from what I heard) but didn't want to ive you negative feelings about your trip before you even went haha.
Yeah it's notorious for having the floors washed every morning because of the amount of puke.

I love Cancun though, can't wait to go back.
Old 08-31-2008, 09:53 PM   #68
I am Hook'd on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by jACE View Post

haha i stayed in oasis cancun last february for spring break. I actually had a great time! Granted i am only 21 and went with my three best friends, but we had a blast. IMO if you want to go to a party resort, and dont mind the shitty food/drinks, i would recomend oasis. Hell we might even do the same thing next february..! You guys ever catch that "spring break 2008" on much music? Matt Babel and that Leah chick (super hot) were there for the same week we were and stayed at the oasis. My buddy was actually in the opening credits, dancing on a stage they set up on the beach and these two girls we met from Nova Sotia made out for Matt on t.v. Good times..
justin476 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 12:52 PM   #69
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

what about cancun in december??

going around the 8th

will it still be busy?? good clubbing??

going with my gf
blkgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 03:08 AM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkgsr View Post
what about cancun in december??

going around the 8th

will it still be busy?? good clubbing??

going with my gf
Read my post above about clubs.
Go to http://www.tripadvisor.com/ and do some research on Cancun hotels. After lots of research we stayed at the Riu caribe and It was a great place. Would recommend it to anyone.
Old 03-04-2010, 12:17 AM   #71
RS controls my life!

bumping this thread up!

i'm planning on heading to cancun in late july tihs year. i just read this whole thread and looked through most of the hotels and resorts.. didn't exactly find what i was looking for.

any new updates since the past couple of years? new resorts that u guys have been? new reviews? anything would help. just basically looking for an all inclusive resort in cancun for 7 nights with the gf and 2 other couples.

thanks!
nathaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2010, 10:36 AM   #72

Gran Melia Cancun hotel. Best trip I ever had. Quiet nice place perfect for couples with food that's actual really dope. It's a more expensive place so you won't find too many young teens or 20 something year olds which was really nice.

Old 03-04-2010, 12:07 PM   #73
RS controls my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by winson604 View Post
Gran Melia Cancun hotel. Best trip I ever had. Quiet nice place perfect for couples with food that's actual really dope. It's a more expensive place so you won't find too many young teens or 20 something year olds which was really nice.
just looked into that, the place looks beautiful. question though, did you book the all inclusive package? or just the hotel room and paid for food + drink for the whole week?
Old 03-04-2010, 06:58 PM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathaniel View Post
just looked into that, the place looks beautiful. question though, did you book the all inclusive package? or just the hotel room and paid for food + drink for the whole week?
All inclusive. Yes, you will notice when you search for this hotel as a package on expedia etc that you will see it as flight and hotel only with it not being all inclusive. They do however have the option though. I remeber I ran into this problem too when I went 4 years ago and was like wtf. I don't however remember how I added the option lol. Whether it was searching and finally seeing a search result with all inclusive or picking the package and then having the option to add all inclusive for x amount of money.

Edit: Just went to expedia to check it out and you can add the all inclusive option on there. I just search early June and it was $800 ish/person w/ all inclusive. Added the all inclusive option and came out to $1200ish/person.

I'm not sure what prices it's pulling for you in August but if it's anywhere around this price I highly recommend you book it. I've looked at prices for this hotel since I went and it's always been around $2000/person. In the last 4 years I've onyl seen it drop to around $1000 once. Well including now twice actually.

Last edited by winson604; 03-04-2010 at 07:19 PM.
This post thanked by:
Old 03-05-2010, 01:43 PM   #75
RS controls my life!

thanks for actually going on expedia to check it out man, i appreciate your help. i was reading the previous posts for years ago when you said it was roughly 2000, and i saw the pricing now i was like wtf. but for 1200 all inclusive that does sound ALOT more reasonable, and definitely considering this trip. the thing is, i'm also trying to go to disneyworld first in orlando, then fly over to cancun.. so the whole trip will have to be booked separately (flight & accommodation). anyhow this is still the beginning of planning and will still have alot to look at.

if there are any other suggestions out there, i'd appreciate it.