REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Vacations and World Travel

Vacations and World Travel Visiting our beautiful city? Come stay at the Arbutus Vista - Vancouver's Bed & Breakfast.
How was your trip? Which tour packages would you recommend/avoid? Must do's and must eats? Share tips, photos and experiences with other senior RS members who just want to get away..

Old 06-09-2008, 10:29 AM   #1
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
Ronin's Taiwan/Japan Travel Journal

Well, actually you can see all the stuff I've done at my blog http://www.ededition.com.

I've been in Taiwan for the last ten days for COMPUTEX and a bit of sight seeing. So far, I've eaten out of a toilet, won a free iPod, brought the house down on miniskirt night at Plush nightclub and stumbled home and nearly broke my hand at 5am, and have generally been awesome.
Advertisement
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 09:35 PM   #2
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,821 Times in 3,902 Posts
awesome..i'll be checking out the toilet restaurant as well this summer.

How did you find the street vendor food?
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 04:01 PM   #3
Say NO to blade grinders!

Thanked 1,256 Times in 580 Posts
I didn't find Taiwan too humid at all. It was just hawt!
Expresso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 10:06 AM   #4
I don't get it

I'm going back in a month so I'll check things out...especially the ordeal with the chip logos..haha.
Shorty20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 05:11 PM   #5
I keep RS good

Thanked 5,539 Times in 1,502 Posts
room18 is where it's at buddyyyy. shoulda called me when I was there.

Last edited by Ulic Qel-Droma; 06-20-2008 at 05:11 PM.
Ulic Qel-Droma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 08:16 PM   #6
I don't get it

Looking forward to reading about your life in Tokyo!
rouentahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 09:39 PM   #7
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

How is Taiwan in the Winter?
How about in the Summer? hot? sweaty? humid?
Old 06-22-2008, 10:54 PM   #8
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,816 Times in 8,190 Posts
Taiwan if fucken cold in the winter. I went there at the end of March, and froze my ass off.. had to go buy a jacket because I didn't bring one with my from Hong Kong
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2008, 11:31 PM   #9
I keep RS good

and in the summer it never gets below 30C even at night. and its humid as fuck.
Old 07-03-2008, 05:07 PM   #10
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

fuck im going there in 2 days

so far i know the bumpin places are room18. Hey if you speak english thats a PLUS right?
xtacy777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 12:24 AM   #11
I keep RS good

^
not really at room18

you can check out barcode which is above room18
and also if u wanan get down and dirty and all you can drink on wed, sun.. and some other night you can go below room 18 to LAVA.
Old 07-08-2008, 11:46 PM   #12
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

LAVA LAVA LIVE !!!! yeah Taiwan gets fuckin cold in winter pretty much from new years eve till May 1 it is chilly, cold humidity sucks shit, i remember wakin up wearing sweat pants a long sleeve shirt a hoody and a toque to bed and walking into the living room seeing my roomates all wearing the same thing to keep warm inside the house, you can see ur breathe gets down to like 5c in Taipei colder if it rains or its windy or if u live by the coast, and if u drive a motorcycle depending on how fast u drive (I dont exactly drive slow) the wind chill is almost unbearable !!!!!!!!!!!!

And The #1 Thing To Say To Your Ex G/F When You See Her Out In Public Is. . .
Quote:
Originally posted by Ulic Qel-Droma
"remember that time i cummed all over your face and it got into your eye? and it stung real bad.. and you ran into the door thinking it was open? haha that was pretty funny"

say that real loud. then give her two thumbs up.
:lol
JOHNNY_TRAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 07:17 PM   #13

travelling on a canadian passport...do i need a travelling visa for taiwan or japan?
UM26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 02:35 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by UM26 View Post
travelling on a canadian passport...do i need a travelling visa for taiwan or japan?
Depends how long u stay, u get a 90day landing visa in Japan and 30days in Taiwan, if u wanna stay any longer in either u need to apply for a visa or leave the country and re-enter.

Quote:
"remember that time i cummed all over your face and it got into your eye? and it stung real bad.. and you ran into the door thinking it was open? haha that was pretty funny"

Old 07-28-2008, 08:45 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNNY_TRAN View Post
Depends how long u stay, u get a 90day landing visa in Japan and 30days in Taiwan, if u wanna stay any longer in either u need to apply for a visa or leave the country and re-enter.
icic so i dont need to apply for a visa if im just going for 3-5days then right?
Old 07-28-2008, 09:25 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by UM26 View Post
icic so i dont need to apply for a visa if im just going for 3-5days then right?
You just read wat I wrote and then u repeated ur question? It is all explained above !

Quote:

Old 07-28-2008, 03:46 PM   #17

just making sure...dont want to waste time when i get over to HK and need to apply for visas...i only got 20 days of holidays
Old 08-02-2008, 08:01 AM   #18
...in the world.

Thanked 7,636 Times in 2,321 Posts
Oh shit! I forgot all about this...

Uh, you can read all about my trip on my blog: http://www.ededition.com

And I have some pictures up on Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/edlau/

Let's see...what did I do today? I didn't really want to exhaust myself since I want to be up early tomorrow for what should be my last Sunday free (10th is Summer Sonic, 17th I fly home) and I'll be shooting in Harajuku and Yoyogi all day. I ended up in Yoyogi anyways and took some pictures of the amateur musicians. Some are really terrible but some are actually really good. I stood and watched this one particular girl for awhile who was really great...fantastic voice with some power behind it. Her crowd was smaller since she wasn't skanky like the less talented but bigger boobed chicks on the other end of the park but she was cute nonetheless.

She came up to me after she performed and said thank you for coming in Japanese and then a whole bunch of other stuff in Japanese to which I replied with "Sorry, I don't speak Japanese very well." in Japanese. I was hoping she would speak slower but then she broke out some cute broken English, asking me where I was from, etc. Like everyone else on the planet, she thinks Canada is a frozen wasteland. Hahahah! We talked for awhile and then she gave me one of her CDs, which she unwrapped and signed with her name and a big thank you before handing it to me and asked me to e-mail her pictures if they were good. Her manager was quite cute too.

Unfortunately, most performances in the park end at 6pm with the cops coming around to shut down the noisier acts. I sat and listened to a fantastic jazz/blues band playing near the Yoyogi arena (where there were...special olympics today?) for awhile. I swear the guitarist is the splitting image of John Mayer...complete with John Mayer guitar-face.

Ate at a famous tempura restaurant I wanted to try before heading home. Getting stuck out in the city after the trains shut down is expensive...so you usually want to head home unless you want to spend a hundred getting there or staying out all night.
Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 07:11 PM   #19
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

I'm in Taipei Till Saturday! Where u at Ulic? I wanna poon on the twangers!!! Staying at Grand Formosa Regent Taipei! Ultimate poon party suite!

7seven: I really can't stand all these idiots who hit the gym now just because they watched 300 and want to be like a spartan. Case in point, this skinny guy comes into the gym the other day, must have only weighed ~ 140lbs, loads on 2 plates on the bench rack, mutters to himself, for sparta, unracks the barbell and proceeds to drop it directly on his chest.
Valour is offline   Reply With Quote