REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Entertainment Forum

Entertainment Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Entertainment District
Members' movie reviews, Trailers, TV show post-discussions. Warning: Absolutely, do not post links to pirated or illegal download sites!

Old 06-16-2008, 11:27 PM   #1
Chinese Guy, Swedish Rides

Macross Frontier

Any one else watching this? It's up to episode 10 right now, and I'm absolutely loving it. Music by Yoko Kanno, super-addictive songs (I've had Diamond Crevasse and that other Sheryl Nome song on repeat for the last few days haha), OMGWTFBBQ CG battles and just plain awesome.

Advertisement

'88 245DL Uncle Sven the Swedish Rice Rocket|'95 945T Darth Haul|'82 242GLT B23E Lumpy the Angry Viking|'77 244DL, red/sold|'90 744T C3P-LOL, gold/sold
RS Feedback (46-0-0)
+Kardboard+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 04:32 PM   #2
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Catch the OST.
I'm waiting for Ranka's debut single where she sang the ED for the Deculture broadcast.
way2quik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 04:47 PM   #3
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

if i remember correctly, yoko kanno did the cowboy bebop soundtrack which was excellent. never knew there was a new macross. might want to check it out.
Jer3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 05:48 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by way2quik View Post
Catch the OST.
I'm waiting for Ranka's debut single where she sang the ED for the Deculture broadcast.
I think that's on preorder on YesAsia? I bought the OST in a heartbeat lol

'88 245DL Uncle Sven the Swedish Rice Rocket|'95 945T Darth Haul|'82 242GLT B23E Lumpy the Angry Viking|'77 244DL, red/sold|'90 744T C3P-LOL, gold/sold
RS Feedback (46-0-0)
Old 06-18-2008, 10:22 PM   #5
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

havnt heard of it yet
Randy.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 10:58 AM   #6
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
are the episodes on telly?
Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 11:19 AM   #7
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

i am personally loving "Private Army" from the OST

anyone else notice the first few episodes the story line was almost a total rip of the first series?
shishkabobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 06:09 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noir View Post
are the episodes on telly?
In Japan it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shishkabobo View Post
anyone else notice the first few episodes the story line was almost a total rip of the first series?
I think the correct words are "a tribute to the first few episodes" lol....they did do it on purpose.

RS Feedback (46-0-0)
Old 06-20-2008, 08:39 PM   #9

I plan to watch all the previous Macross series though it is not necessary to watch anything as Macross F is its own story.

Spoiler!

Last edited by way2quik; 06-20-2008 at 08:40 PM.
Old 06-20-2008, 10:13 PM   #10

Story hasn't progressed far enough yet, but lots of people are thinking what you think. I think Sheryl's oblivious to it though.

RS Feedback (46-0-0)
Old 06-23-2008, 10:28 PM   #11
RS Lurker, I don't post!

I think they'll reveal stuff about that song Ranka sings in a couple episodes. Wikipedia has spoilers
infinitej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 12:10 AM   #12

new ED for ep 16.
Still May'n who sings (Sheryl) the ED.
Not as good as Diamond Crevasse though.
Old 07-27-2008, 01:47 AM   #13

i am still hoping they release the full version of their remake for Ai Oboete Imasuka
brings back so many memories of the first movie
Old 07-27-2008, 07:19 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by shishkabobo View Post
i am still hoping they release the full version of their remake for Ai Oboete Imasuka
brings back so many memories of the first movie
Ditto. But which one? Ranka sings a different one for the Ep. 15 ending.

RS Feedback (46-0-0)
Old 09-29-2008, 07:53 AM   #15

Anyone watch the finale? I just kinda sat there stunned for a bit after it was over lol

And they're going to make a movie too! YAY!!!

RS Feedback (46-0-0)
Old 09-29-2008, 08:15 AM   #16
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

^a bit disappointed

Alto should have died.

Ranka, should have been burnt alive and died.
There is a time when you have to sig a post.

It just happened.
wouwou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 10:03 AM   #17

What? Noooo...

I agree in that Alto shouldn't have been treated like the ACE THAT WILL SAVE US ALL all of a sudden after becoming a 1337 pirate like the rest of SMS, but the number of explosions, the first Macross vs. Macross battle ever, the sheer awesomeness of the Valkyries...asd;ogjkasg;lkawja;svmadvk

Too awesome. O_O

RS Feedback (46-0-0)
Old 10-14-2008, 11:16 PM   #18
OSR FTW !!!

sucks its over now... altho rumours (confirmed or not) say they are making a Macross Frontier Movie... or OAV or something...

this series was good enough for 2 seasons' worth... if Macross 7 can span 2 seasons, i don't see why Macross Frontier can't.

http://www.aj-racing.com
http://www.revscene.net
http://www.ubcscc.com
http://www.definitivedriving.com/

Domani Type V - MB4V

Quote:
Originally posted by RagingAngel
seriously... even if you filled it with Tsuchiya Keiichi's farts to negate pressure fluctuation...
Type V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 11:20 PM   #19

anyone else wish Grace at the end yelled out
"PROTOCULTURE"! or at least "deculture" before she got shot, instead of grinning?
Old 10-14-2008, 11:23 PM   #20

lol Macross 7 was probably good, but I couldn't stand more than 3 episodes of it. Going to watch the original series now after watching the Do You Remember Love? movie (EPICCCCC!!!) again.

The Macross Frontier movie is confirmed, they just haven't confirmed if it's a sequel, side-story, whatever, and when it's coming out. My money's on a sequel, and maybe they'll find the Megaroad-01 and the original series' characters (all contact was lost with them in 2016 or something after the events of the first series ).

EDIT: shishkabobo....YAK DECULTURE!!!!

RS Feedback (46-0-0)

Last edited by +Kardboard+; 10-14-2008 at 11:23 PM.
Old 10-15-2008, 12:01 AM   #21
OSR FTW !!!

considering the year of Macross Frontier... I doubt they will find Megaroad 01, Frontier was just a gimmick to bring every important element from past Macross storylines all into one - BUT - they did an IMMACULATE job at it and i give them full credit for it, in essence u can fight to say Frontier tops all other Macross, or defend SDF but Frontier is a close tie for 1st place.

what i don't understand is the zentraedi dude at the end wanting to still find Lynn Minmei w/ her photo in his locket (sp?)... altho perhaps that is what draws your attention and hope that the sequel/movie will be in the direction of finding Megaroad 01... however, if Megaroad 01 is included in the plot line, then my perspective will be this (I'm making up my own terminology, but i'm sure u will know what i'm referring to, if u followed Frontier):

- somehow they will be able to draw peace w/ the Vajra and negotiate the possibilities have utilizing the fundamentals that Grace had pursued and implement the galactic inter-node fold system - strictly for the use of exploration for life of all beings in a collaborative peace treaty
- given that, possibly and perhaps they can tie in the special skills of Ranka and Sheryl (the glow in their stomachs) to telepathically/telekinetically reach such great depths in space and they can detect the fold wave core/signature of Megaroad 01 "somehow"
- say they find Megaroad 01... but its a floating death tomb... then u can play the vampiric outerspace zombie ghost plot... or just show that for some "legit" reason everyone died - but being out in space, their bodies have not exactly deteriorated with the explanation that Megaroad was built with a shut-down stasis lock mode that inhibit micro cell destruction while in zero-g space, altho the heart/physiology of the human body may have stopped, blood flow is a standstill, but all else is preserved w/o any aging whatsoever in physical attribute...
- so eveyrone gets to see Hikaru and Misa... but just 100% purely mummified haha... was Lynn Minmei aboard Megaroad 01 as well? I forgot, lets say she was... so Mr. Zentraedi from Frontier gets his wish, to see Minmei again (or for the 1st time, whatever is his agenda)... but the good news, Megaroad 01's computer shows that right before everyone aboard the ship was "devoid of life" but left as floating pure preserved carcasses, they found a very suitable planet which is in all habitual aspects imitates Earth, but a much larger size... and to death to Megaroad 01 came about as the original crew was about to land and explore this promising home... then let the story unfold and introduce the "bad guys"...

then again, its all in my head... haha

Domani Type V - MB4V

Quote:
seriously... even if you filled it with Tsuchiya Keiichi's farts to negate pressure fluctuation...
Old 10-15-2008, 12:02 AM   #22
OSR FTW !!!

hmm... i haven't looked up the timeline... but is there anyway possible that Mylene from Macross 7 can be brought back into the picture u think?...

she's cute - anime wise - during M7... i wonder if she'll be conisdered a Coyote or a MILF by Frontiers time... hahaha

Domani Type V - MB4V

Quote:
Old 10-15-2008, 10:37 PM   #23

Mylene would be 28 during the events of Frontier. Misa, Hikaru and Minmay were on Megaroad-01 together, and they would be in like their 60s during Frontier. I haven't really been into Macross before, but reading into it and watching some of the stuff now it seems like that's a major mystery they should address. Afterall, they're near the middle of the galaxy like Megaroad-01 was destined to be.... And hey, Mao was in Frontier for cryin' out loud. MAO. Zero apparently was so bad it needed Frontier to fix it lol

Like you said, the series did a perfect job of linking all of the Macross series together, and I can't wait until the movie!

RS Feedback (46-0-0)
Old 10-16-2008, 03:01 PM   #24
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

noooooooo, where can i download?

I dun want crappy youtube version

How I wish I can remain ignorant, why do I know so much?
q0192837465 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 01:14 PM   #25
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
Finally caught it and currently on Ep 21 and I gotta say, I don't need to watch until 25 to conclude its pretty bad.

Seems like It's trying to tap into the Gundam market instead of the mature market and the distinction between Macross and all the other mecha-franchises seems to have disappeared. The Macross Franchise has really gone down hill ever since Zero.

The main things I didn't like are:
*** High school students are Soldiers again? (could just repackage it as Gundam Frontier and people won't know the difference
*** What's with the pedophilic nuances?
*** WTH? Aliens can biologically shoot exploding laser beams?

I don't know what happened but the Macross Franchise has deviated so much from it's original quality that after following it for 25+ years, Frontier might be my last macross. Can't stand the direction it's heading, especially when I'm comparing it to the likes of Macross: Do you remember love, and Macross Plus.

Im only watching it out of loyalty to the Macross franchise but in general, I'd say if you're above the age of 23, avoid it.
Noir is offline   Reply With Quote