REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > #RevsceneVLS General Chat

#RevsceneVLS General Chat SOCIAL LIFESTYLES ADSPACE AVAILABLE. CONTACT INFO@BLITZGEAR.COM
2016 VLS Community Head Moderator: SaucyWoman
2016 Social Media Liason: Blitzgear

@Revscene #RevsceneVLS. Vancouver LifeStyles Discussions: Car-free, political and current events, random thoughts, or topics that don't fit in the other forums. Remember to check out feature articles on the Main Website

Old 01-16-2015, 11:23 AM   #2776
I STILL don't get it

Lol ok. One more sittining on feb friday the 13th !.. Gonna get "MOM" on one thigh and DAD on the other to "cap off" the leg sleeves and getting the sides of my hands done (between wrist and pinky) one side "EST~" other side "1973"... THEN its a long break .... I think....lol
Advertisement
Old 01-16-2015, 12:07 PM   #2777
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,911 Times in 3,872 Posts
When people say to avoid sweating and anything that can stretch the area after, how long are you talking about? A day? A week? A month?
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 12:15 PM   #2778
RS controls my life!

Thanked 1,245 Times in 274 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
When people say to avoid sweating and anything that can stretch the area after, how long are you talking about? A day? A week? A month?
I've accidentally scratched, spilled tequila, etc. on fresh tattoos within hours of getting them and none of mine are effected.. it just hurts.

avoid sweating? that's a little extreme.
Originally Posted by SkunkWorks View Post
I believe cars are meant to be driven. I see zero point in having a beautiful car and never driving it. Might as well have Miranda Kerr in your bed and sleeping on the ground cause you don't want to fudge her mascara...

We go through our entire lives being told what to do every step of the way. The garage was always the one place where you could indulge in your own passion, with not a care for the outside world.
Godzira is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-16-2015, 02:48 PM   #2779
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

This is on my back...I have a couple other ones too, like a stylized Habs logo .

This is a Haida Sun

Habboy is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-16-2015, 04:33 PM   #2780
RS controls my life!

Thanked 1,245 Times in 274 Posts
I 'stumbleupon' this article .. its an interesting read. kind of long and I skimmed most of it but it reminded me of when I was getting a tattoo done a few years ago.
Next to me was an apprentice tattooing his girlfriend. She was screaming and sobbing the whole time. Her very first tattoo.. and most likely her last.. was of a cartoon deli sandwich with an olive and toothpick on her flabby stomach.

ugh.

anyways, if you care:
Quote:
Reasons to Get a Tattoo (and Reasons Not To)

First, what I consider to be good reasons for getting a tattoo.

Memories
Of all the tattoos I’ve seen, this is probably one of the most common categories of inspiration. Whether it be a small “R.I.P.” piece on your arm for a cousin that died before his time or the name of the Company in which you served while in the Military, these are the kinds of things that are begging to be the basis of a tattoo design. From my personal “collection”, I have a tattoo on my right shin for my father who died in 1999 (at age 53).
But another facet of the “memories” idea that is often overlooked would be things that you really loved at one point in life. I feel these are just as viable as tattoo design ideas as departed loved ones, personally. It always makes me smile when I hear somebody talk about how they’re not sure they want a certain tattoo because “well, it’s going to be there forever so I’d better love it forever”. While there is some credence to that, I actually disagree. If you spent your formative years playing chess with your father but haven’t executed an en passant since the Carter Administration, then a chess tattoo would be perfect (if you ask me). Because it’s a memory, something that helped define who you are (even though it may not have manifested itself in immediately apparent ways).

Tributes
While these may look and smell very similar to Memories, there’s an important distinction: tributes are the kinds of things you’d get tattoos for that haven’t yet “ceased”. For example, I have tattoos for both of my children and my wife (kids tattoos pictured below), none of which are dead (a fact I’m pretty happy about). I love my family more than anything, so I really couldn’t wait to get them.
Nora Tattoo "Holden James" Tattoo
I suppose now is a good a time as any to bring up the whole “tattoos for your mate” thing. First, let me just say that I have my wife’s name tattooed in huge block letters across my lower back, and I’m all too happy to show it to anybody who asks (and even people who don’t) – much to my wife’s chagrin. So, clearly I fall on the “yes, do it” side of the argument. But – and that’s a huge ‘but’ – it’s something that shouldn’t be entered into lightly. There’s always the possibility that your relationship could end (one way or another), so you need to weigh that before taking the “I (heart) Wanda” plunge. But if you’re pretty sure the relationship is going to go the distance (which I am, for the record), then I say go for it. You’re only going to get one pass at this “life” thing, after all.

Passions
I love computers and technology. They’ve been my hobby and profession for many years now and will continue to be for many years to come. So it shouldn’t shock anybody that I have several “geeky” tattoos. Here are a few, and the geeks reading will probably be able to identify most of them:
Debian Swirl - Close-up hextat1 Tux the Linux Penguin
If you’ve been going to see some sports team play for years and years and it’s something you’re truly passionate about, then go ahead and get that team logo tattoo you’ve been secretly dreaming of. If anybody voices disagreement with your design, you could kindly retort with something about their mother and how it was a good thing they didn’t get that particular tattoo.
Personal passions are fairly few and far between, in my experience. If there’s something you truly love, then a tattoo is a great way to show off how you feel. And if you’re not quite so into that thing a few years down the road, then you can count it as a memory!

Bad Reasons for Getting a Tattoo
As much as it may seem like I pretty much green-lighted every tattoo idea ever in the previous paragraphs, I do think there are several tattoos that are simply bad ideas. I’ll toss these in list form so you can scan them quickly:
Your Boyfriend/Girlfriend – Unless you’re married (or in some other committed relationship), don’t go getting Mary Beth’s name on your shoulder. Dating relationships have a 99.9% failure rate, so you’re against some pretty hefty odds. So, wait until there are rings on fingers before you start getting the tattoos, please.
Your Favorite ‘Vice’ – This has got to be one of the dumbest tattoos ever conceived. I’m talking about the guys with the logo of their favorite beer or (worse yet) a big ass pot leaf or something. Getting a tattoo of these types of things will make you look like a dumbass. And if you actually get something like this, you probably are a dumbass.
“I just really like the design” (a.k.a., No Reason at All) – Even if your tattoo is in reference to something stupid, at least it’s in reference to something. Tattoos that have absolutely no meaning whatsoever (I’m looking at you, guy-with-tribal-band) are, to say the least, not recommended.
In closing, I’ll say this: if you really want a tattoo, get it. Ultimately, you’re the only one who’s going to have to deal with it as you wander through life. If it means something and you like it, go for it! Don’t pay any mind to your negative friends and coworkers who try to convince you that “man, bacon and eggs? seriously?”. At least you’re taking life by the horns and doing something. Tattoos are wonderful, go get yours.
- See more at: Reasons to Get a Tattoo (and Reasons Not To) | The Cranking Widgets Blog
Originally Posted by SkunkWorks View Post
I believe cars are meant to be driven. I see zero point in having a beautiful car and never driving it. Might as well have Miranda Kerr in your bed and sleeping on the ground cause you don't want to fudge her mascara...

We go through our entire lives being told what to do every step of the way. The garage was always the one place where you could indulge in your own passion, with not a care for the outside world.
Godzira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 05:25 PM   #2781
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,911 Times in 3,872 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzira View Post
I've accidentally scratched, spilled tequila, etc. on fresh tattoos within hours of getting them and none of mine are effected.. it just hurts.

avoid sweating? that's a little extreme.
Obviously it's impossible to not sweat at all, but I mean doing things like working out or rock climbing or skiing where I'm heavily sweating for hours on end.
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 10:50 PM   #2782
RS Operative (G)

does anyone know of a local artist I should check out for something like this?
Instagram

sort of like an asian flare to a somewhat realistic tiger.
2016 Golf R | Stock

my buyer/seller ratings 6-0-0

Last edited by XTC_604_DKNY; 01-18-2015 at 07:00 PM.
XTC_604_DKNY is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-18-2015, 08:55 AM   #2783
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by underscore View Post
Profuse sweating , I would give it until it completely peels which is about a week or two, but everyday stuff you can't avoid And shouldn't hurt your tattoo, Think of it like soaking your tattoo in water is not good. Also stretching the area beyond normal everyday stuff wouldn't be good either,with the new skin it might be susceptible to stretch marks in the tattoo.

Last edited by phantom x; 01-18-2015 at 02:57 PM.
phantom x is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-21-2015, 02:00 PM   #2784
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,379 Times in 578 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by XTC_604_DKNY View Post
does anyone know of a local artist I should check out for something like this?
Instagram

sort of like an asian flare to a somewhat realistic tiger.
Answer is none. I have look for a long time for someone with similair style as chronic ink and their artists. Have yet to find any in the west coast, think the best bet is to go to Toronto but plane ticket + @250$/hr it not going to happen anytime soon for me....

On the other hand there are some in USA that similair. A couple chinese artist move and settle in California and surround area that can do similair style.
threezero is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-23-2015, 01:13 AM   #2785
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

I am happy to announce that I've been invited to guest spot at chronic ink in Toronto this up coming spring. I am in no way deserving of this spot as I am still only closing in on my first year of tattooing. There are heaps of tattoo artistes that deserve this oppurtunity more, like way more!

Hopefully I can learn and bring some of chronic inks caliber of artistry back to BC.
Stay tuned Revscene!

truong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2015, 02:09 AM   #2786
das not it mane

Thanked 1,852 Times in 509 Posts
Congrats and looking good as always
Old 01-23-2015, 02:28 AM   #2787
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,815 Times in 8,189 Posts
Still blows my mind how quickly you're progressing... Remember this thread from 5 years ago? I remember I was really sceptical, and thought you could have ended up being some scratcher... I'm so happy that I was wrong!
SkinnyPupp is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-23-2015, 06:55 AM   #2788

Thanked 1,379 Times in 578 Posts
Way to go truong! Good work as always! Would be great to convince the guys there at chronic to come do a guest spot at the west coast while you are there. Hint hint wink wink
threezero is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-23-2015, 08:37 AM   #2789
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 3,899 Times in 1,380 Posts
Congrats truong! All of your hard work is paying off. Seriously though, for someone who has only been tattooing for a short period of time your work is pretty fucking amazing.
white rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-23-2015, 10:46 AM   #2790
I have named my kids VIC and VLS

Thanked 14,322 Times in 5,640 Posts
Yea those latests peices are fucking bad-ass man, way to go
Old 01-23-2015, 12:32 PM   #2791
I STILL don't get it

So rad dude !.. Keep us posted !
Old 01-23-2015, 03:59 PM   #2792

sick.. you're progressing way too fast
my wallet isn't ready for another tattoo yet

staaahpppp
trip is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-23-2015, 06:04 PM   #2793
In RS I Trust

Thanked 17,581 Times in 4,297 Posts
Wicked following you on IG and seeing these pics, you are getting better and better and its great to see.
murd0c is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 01-27-2015, 12:06 AM   #2794
I wish I was where I was when I wished I was here

Thanked 3,098 Times in 733 Posts
The one on your arm looks fucking sick

Cadillac CTS (Current)
hchang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 08:42 PM   #2795
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Looking for an artist like Arlin French that can do brush stroke style tattoos really well. His site says he's not taking anymore new clients. The piece will be pretty small (on the wrist area) but still looking for top quality work.
dim_sum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 10:31 AM   #2796
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

thank you for the overwhelming support guys!
truong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 10:14 PM   #2797
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Whats your rate troung?
6thGear. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 08:12 PM   #2798
I STILL don't get it

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6thGear. View Post
Whats your rate troung?
+1 would love to get a piece done by you
CL typeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 09:54 AM   #2799
Oh goodie, 5 posts already!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CL typeS View Post
+1 would love to get a piece done by you
Seconded! Was also wondering how long your wait list is?
Kiroshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 02:50 AM   #2800
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

So a friend of mine wants to get his first tattoo so I told him I would ask in here to try and get him some help on an artist or shop. I only have 2 pieces and most of the guys I spend time looking up are Japanese artist since that's the style I plan on getting for the next little bit. But anyways he was looking for someone who does in his words more chartoonish type of style. What he wants is headphones behind his ear, and then he wants to start the on a sleeve at one point starting with a music note, and a pot leaf I believe. Any help would be great and I'd Appreciate it. Also showed him the FAQ sticky so he's checked that out.
Alpine50 is offline   Reply With Quote