REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Music & Clubbing (https://www.revscene.net/forums/music-clubbing_31/)
-   -   Clubbing in Vancouver (https://www.revscene.net/forums/539337-clubbing-vancouver.html)

minix3 07-18-2008 11:52 PM

Clubbing in Vancouver

Hey guys, I am currently in downtown Vancouver and wondering what clubs are good/what type of music they have, and where they are located?
I'm from Sydney, Aus [see intro] and so don't really know my way around. Currently staying on Robson street.

Thanks.

willystyle 07-19-2008 03:51 AM

well what kind of crowd and music do u like?

ur questions are so general..

and for what nights?

Meowjin 07-19-2008 04:27 AM

Granville Street.

Saturday night the caprice is pretty bumping. But it depends what type of crowd you're looking for.

cspec 07-19-2008 08:42 AM

if you're asian, go to atlantis or fabric, lol

miss_crayon 07-19-2008 12:54 PM

atl is still a favorite but i'm finding the crowd a little TOO young nowadays
wild coyote has been my place to go as of late (marine drive)

minix3 07-19-2008 03:13 PM

I listen to any music. Mainly rnb/hiphop or else I also enjoy rock/emo/punk as well.

Noir 07-19-2008 03:37 PM

Best way is just to walk Granville Street or Gas Town and find a club that seems to fit your vibes.

unit 07-19-2008 03:49 PM

depends on what kind of music you like dancing to

Girl 07-21-2008 11:24 AM

Asian crowed, top 40 music
-Plush
-ATL
-Fabric
-Maxine's has been some of my friends new fave

Pre-dominantly white crowed, a bit pretentious at times (great place to get dolled up), good music
-Republic (music is good on Fridays, play reggae on sundays)
-Canvas (music's better on Friday imo ppl)
-Barnone

Casual, pre-dominantly white crowed, a mix of top 40's, old school, even country (well at the Royal at least)
-Roxy
-Buffalo Club
-The Royal
-Mirage
-Vanilla Room
-Cellar
-Standard
-Red room "its mostly white and plays electro house"

Great Music, Aquired taste for the crowed (but i love it!)
-Celebrities (great eye candy...but no touchy. great music. and a great place to get makeup tips when ur in the co-ed bathrooms)

A mixed crowed, mainly top 40 music
-Plaza
-Tonic
-Aubar

And Tunnel is somewhat new, haven't been there yet but some of my friends liked it.

This is all at the top of my head, feel free to correct me if i'm wrong kids

unit 07-21-2008 12:25 PM

^red room doesnt have an asian crowd. its mostly white and plays electro house not top40

minix3 07-21-2008 12:26 PM

Thanks guys! not too sure if I'll have time to go at this rate =[
But will definitely have a look if I get time.

Girl 07-21-2008 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unit (Post 5953132)
^red room doesnt have an asian crowd. its mostly white and plays electro house not top40

Hmm really? I haven't been to Red Room since it's opened and when I went that one time it was packed with asians.

Meowjin 07-21-2008 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Girl (Post 5953061)
Asian crowed, top 40 music
-Plush
-ATL
-Fabric
-Maxine's has been some of my friends new fave

Pre-dominantly white crowed, a bit pretentious at times (great place to get dolled up), good music
-Republic (music is good on Fridays, play reggae on sundays)
-Canvas (music's better on Friday imo ppl)
-Barnone

Casual, pre-dominantly white crowed, a mix of top 40's, old school, even country (well at the Royal at least)
-Roxy
-Buffalo Club
-The Royal
-Mirage
-Vanilla Room
-Cellar
-Standard

Great Music, Aquired taste for the crowed (but i love it!)
-Celebrities (great eye candy...but no touchy. great music. and a great place to get makeup tips when ur in the co-ed bathrooms)

A mixed crowed, mainly top 40 music
-Plaza
-Tonic
-Aubar

And Tunnel is somewhat new, haven't been there yet but some of my friends liked it.

This is all at the top of my head, feel free to correct me if i'm wrong kids

All clubbing is dying down. Been a slow summer for all clubs around. (stupid gang squad bs)

From a personal perspective.

Plush, ATL, Fabric (hongers on fridays), 686 - Full of asians, girls dance in their circles, vietnamese guy will stab you.

Republic - Full of drug dealers or chad kroegar, angry european will beat you. Good on sundays, buddy dj's on the patio.

Can't speak for canvas.

Celebreties - Great club, people are just scared of going there because they are homophobic, plays alot of house. DJ timeline is aweesome.

Caprice, Plaza, Au bar - Very mixed crowd top 40, and still keeping busy (at least caprice), and i've been noticing that caprice has alot of asian girls.

FYI Caprice, Plaza, Celebreties are all the same company, and since i work at one of the clubs if you need any hookups just shoot me a pm =)

oh and anyone been to honey or tunnel? Tunnel is being done by my friend... should have took his job offer. Heard it's good there.

RTS 07-21-2008 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Girl (Post 5953061)
-Roxy
-Buffalo Club
-The Royal
-Mirage
-Vanilla Room
-Cellar
-Standard

I would call this the AVOID at all cost list.

summertime 07-21-2008 06:17 PM

caprice has alot of asian girls

caprice has alot of asian girls

miss_crayon 07-21-2008 10:27 PM

for the record, 686 has been closed for awhile now
tunnel is meh. the crowd is a mix and it reminded me of 686 (the space/music). it's a nice place overall but it wouldn't be somewhere i'd be like "LETS GO TO TUNNEL!!"

michimaro 07-22-2008 08:34 AM

Century House & Fabric were my two most recent clubs. Fabric is in Gas Town and as someone already posted above, mostly Asian crowd. Music wasn't the best (personal opinion) Century House is on Richards & Pender, 2 floors and a pretty mix crowd.

Yushimi 07-22-2008 08:48 AM

plush and fabric. Those two I like but I move around lolz
I dont like ATL that much anymore. You get these girls in grade7 or something in there. Its good if you like kids that are just too young to club lolz
my friends tell me to go to tunnel but its new so I would usually wait awhile before going.

jpoon 07-22-2008 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yushimi (Post 5954467)
I dont like ATL that much anymore. You get these girls in grade7 or something in there. Its good if you like kids that are just too young to club lolz
my friends tell me to go to tunnel but its new so I would usually wait awhile before going.

Plush ftw yo.

RRxtar 07-22-2008 10:07 PM

how about a bar for a group coming up from kelowna. not looking for a club, but more of a bar with a white/mix croud with mixed music. somewhere with some tables, maybe a patio? pool tables, etc. but not a full blown pub. if anyone has been to kelowna, im talking about a place similar to Roses.

ive been to the plaza, roxy (with the detroit redwings team!), buffalo club, cellar and a few others in the past. im not sure we are all up for going to somewhere like the roxy this time around. so much work. haha

if we do go clubbing, how does the caprice compare to the plaza or roxy?

Meowjin 07-23-2008 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yushimi (Post 5954467)

18 year old should stay out of clubs.

Meowjin 07-23-2008 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RRxtar (Post 5955596)
how about a bar for a group coming up from kelowna. not looking for a club, but more of a bar with a white/mix croud with mixed music. somewhere with some tables, maybe a patio? pool tables, etc. but not a full blown pub. if anyone has been to kelowna, im talking about a place similar to Roses.

ive been to the plaza, roxy (with the detroit redwings team!), buffalo club, cellar and a few others in the past. im not sure we are all up for going to somewhere like the roxy this time around. so much work. haha

if we do go clubbing, how does the caprice compare to the plaza or roxy?

caprice is very similiar to plaza.

Inaii 07-23-2008 08:23 PM

^^^With the exception of Genesis outside causing problems I assume?

Meowjin 07-26-2008 04:24 PM

I have no idea what genesis does on the street. I always thought they just guarded megabyte pizza. How was girl talk btw?

mei 07-28-2008 01:46 PM

Modern is nicely decorated, but i'm more into hip hop and they play house.