REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   Golds Gym Richmond (https://www.revscene.net/forums/546102-golds-gym-richmond.html)

Richmond69er 09-15-2008 03:47 PM

Golds Gym Richmond

anyone else join up there?>
i made the move. finally a gym worth going to in richmond. i was at fitness unlimited forever and that place is a hole with a shitty manager...

RacePace 09-15-2008 04:54 PM

I'm thinking about it when my contract with Sports central is up. It's not open yet right? How are the prices?

RayBot 09-15-2008 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richmond69er (Post 6031406)
anyone else join up there?>
i made the move. finally a gym worth going to in richmond. i was at fitness unlimited forever and that place is a hole with a shitty manager...

Yeah,...i hear stories about the manager. The guy is a cheapskate. My friend used to rent a spot for a kineseology clinic, and he tried to sue him for normal wear and tear.

Dude is a douche.

diesel_test 09-15-2008 10:38 PM

where is the gold's gym at richmond located at?

AX.Deadpool 09-15-2008 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diesel_test (Post 6032084)
where is the gold's gym at richmond located at?

riverport by the theaters and cyclone taylor.

but hey, is this place 24/7 or what? i got the flyer a fe wmonths ago before they opened up, but i dont remeber the hours of operation..

and compared to sports central, is this place better? price wise n service.

RayBot 09-15-2008 11:29 PM

...formerly the Grizzlies practice facility.

Apparently there was an NBA franchise based in vancouver that used to practice there.

Liquid_o2 09-16-2008 02:42 PM

Hmmm it's down the street from my work... interesting.

Richmond69er 09-16-2008 07:45 PM

its a sickkkkkk gym...
pricing right now is 1$/day with a 200 initiation fee...

hal0g0dv2 09-16-2008 08:02 PM

so thats like 500.600 iff u go 5 times a week
how long is the dollar a day

Jer3 09-16-2008 08:09 PM

i've been considering gold's ever since i heard it was opening at riverport. i remember someone at RFD releasing the rates for preregistration. it went something like
$200 initiation +$7 a week
$100 initiation +$9 a week

not sure how rates are since i've never been to a non-community centre gym.

6thGear. 01-09-2009 09:45 PM

Bumping up an bit of on old thread, better than starting a new one I guess. Has anyone joined yet? I made the move yesterday. Right now the pricing I got is $82.95 initiation fee (taxes in) $21/biweekly, works out to something like $43-ish taxes in per month. If anyone is thinking of joining, the price will go up anytime. So they way they are doing it right now is, they have a 200 people bracket. So everytime the 200th person signs up, the price goes up or something like that. Either way, I got a pretty good one. 2 year contract and its transferable anytime. After 2 years, I get to retain the same price. Considering I paid $33 or something like that at Sportcentral, I think for the extra $10 its a HUGE upgrade.

Place isn't completely done, there is still some construction going on. But the main gym area is open. It is smaller than Sportcentral, but damn the machines are nice. I didn't get to try any of the machines though. All the cardio machines have individual tv's with cable. You can even plug your ipod in. I'm not sure if it will charge it, but its definitely nice to have. A big plus for me is that its on my way home, so now I don't have that excuse to not workout if I work late. Definitely beats having to leave work in Ladner, driving up to Sportcentral then back to my house in south Richmond.:thumbsup:

Ulic Qel-Droma 01-10-2009 05:45 AM

do you get access to all golds gym around the world internationally?

how many squat racks do they have?

what are the hours?

im with fitness world but they're kinda shitty, the 24/7 one is too far from where i live, but im only paying 20 bucks per month.

i was thinking of sports central, cuz i live in richmond now.

Richmond69er 01-10-2009 07:35 AM

you get access to all golds internationally... but i think theres a limit on how many days u can go to em. but with joining at richmond im pretty sure u get access to all the golds in the lower mainland including UBC golds....

pricing is posted right above your post! the prices went up. and i think they're going to go up higher yet.

the main wieght room area is finished but the final setup of the equiptment isnt finished yet. but they arent charging anyone yet to workout. they are gonna start processing payments and whatnot once the gym is fully opened, which is pretty cool.

6thGear. 01-10-2009 12:16 PM

yes, you get all lower mainland access. The initiation fee is to hold your membership spot, so I am garanteed the $43/ month. I think the final price will be $70-something a month. Like I said, pricing is based on 200 people bracket. As for the gym, they have 3 sqaut racks, 2 free standing and 1 fixed. They don't have the chin up bars on them either, which is another good thing. Hours for the time being is 8am-8pm. iirc, once they are fully open its 8am - 12am.

Richmond69er 01-10-2009 12:35 PM

IIRC the hours will change to 6am-midnight.
yeah you signed at the rate of 43$ a month. and your guaranteed to renew at that rate. the price after all the promotions are done the gym rate is going to be around 80$.

i lucked out and signed up in the beginning so i pay 1$/day.

mazdaboi 01-13-2009 09:20 AM

I got in early too.... The gym is pretty good considering all the machines are all new. Can't wait to see how the place looks when it's all finished.

Richard123 01-13-2009 06:03 PM

nice i saw a mail out add today sould check it out

rickross888 01-14-2009 09:00 PM

so i can use my gold's gym membership card from ubc and use it at the richmond one too right? even for the burnaby one? i don't mind going to all of them loll

mazdaboi 01-16-2009 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rickross888 (Post 6224768)
so i can use my gold's gym membership card from ubc and use it at the richmond one too right? even for the burnaby one? i don't mind going to all of them loll

Yeah you can go to any of the locations, but you are only allowed a certain amt for some reason.... When I joined, I asked if I could go to another location so the guy gave me a punch card... But I don't see what they could do to stop someone from going to different locations...

RacePace 01-16-2009 03:00 PM

^maybe because the rates are different by each location. So if people just wanted to go to the Burnaby location but found out Richmond had better prices, they'd just sign up at Richmond and go to Burnaby

m4k4v4li 01-18-2009 02:43 AM

for ppl who are gym rats i can see why theyd want to upgrade to better gyms
but ppl that just go say 2-3 times a week... i dont see how its appealing? why do u guys like nicer gyms? is it worth the xtra $

Mr.JDM 01-18-2009 10:19 AM

just went yesterday to check out the place. pretty nice equipments lets you hook up your ipod or watch tv while doing your workout. the rate the guy gave me was $79 security plus tax and $42 month or basically $21 bi-weekly. all the classes are included.

RacePace 01-18-2009 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6chr0nic4 (Post 6230658)
for ppl who are gym rats i can see why theyd want to upgrade to better gyms
but ppl that just go say 2-3 times a week... i dont see how its appealing? why do u guys like nicer gyms? is it worth the xtra $

I think the main thing is there's enough equipment when you want to do your routine, there's weights around when you need it, when you want to do something, shit ain't broken.

But I got the December deal at Sportcentral, $199 to extend my contract for a whole year? I'll take that

mazdaboi 01-19-2009 12:06 PM

^ I concur.... As long as there's enough machines so you don't have to wait, I'm good to go. The only reason I joined Gold's was that I don't have to pay for any of the classes and they have an actual basketball gym.... not that pathetic 1 hoop they have at Sport Central.

6thGear. 01-19-2009 05:52 PM

All the classes are included? SWEET!:thumbsup: