REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Entertainment Forum

Entertainment Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Entertainment District
Members' movie reviews, Trailers, TV show post-discussions. Warning: Absolutely, do not post links to pirated or illegal download sites!

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 09:16 AM   #126
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

So to solve a stuck plot device they introduced an even worse plot device

I am going to give up on Heroes now, it has gotton so meh
Advertisement
There is a time when you have to sig a post.

It just happened.
Old 10-21-2008, 09:47 AM   #127
Hacked RS to become a mod

Thanked 23,809 Times in 8,186 Posts
This season has been such shit, but I actually liked last night's episode. I don't know what is going on with Peter's ability to absorb abilities.. it's like he no longer has it anymore, and they didn't bother explaining why.
Old 10-21-2008, 12:41 PM   #128
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyPupp View Post
This season has been such shit, but I actually liked last night's episode. I don't know what is going on with Peter's ability to absorb abilities.. it's like he no longer has it anymore, and they didn't bother explaining why.
Its pretty self explanatory if you watched all of yesterdays episode.

Spoiler!
Old 10-22-2008, 01:24 AM   #129
Revscene.net has a homepage?!

Thanked 1,006 Times in 159 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFlush View Post
Alphamale, go back to watching Gossip Girl.

Anyways, why didn't Sylar listen in on the conversation between Noah and the guy that can make the void holes?

Also, how come Peter can die with a blow to the back of his head, yet Sylar and Clair cannot? I mean they all have the same powers right?
Wasn't the Haitian there blocking Peter's powers?
Old 10-22-2008, 01:42 AM   #130

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moratorium View Post
Its pretty self explanatory if you watched all of yesterdays episode.

Peters dad has the ability to ACTUALLY absorb powers unlike peters which is more of a mimicking. Therefore he probably takes all of peters powers including peters absorbing powers. He also took adams regen ability by touching him, causing adam to die cause hes probably 1000+ years old
I don't think you understood my post
Old 10-22-2008, 02:20 AM   #131
Raping Captured Dolphins since 2002 on EZ board days

Quote:
What do you mean? He absorbed Sylars and the flame guy's power so far this season.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphamale View Post
I give a lot of people rim jobs.
My Feedback
Old 10-22-2008, 04:40 AM   #132

Quote:
What do you mean? He absorbed Sylars and the flame guy's power so far this season.
It's hit and miss. He absorbed Sylar's power a different way than he normally does.. And then he got the flame guy's power using Sylar's method... Normally he just has to be around someone, and BOOM he has their power.

Then you have other whacky errors, like Sylar not being able to eavesdrop on the conversation between Claire and HRG, even though he should still have his super-hearing.
Old 10-22-2008, 07:05 AM   #133
Raping Captured Dolphins since 2002 on EZ board days

Peter never got the flame guy's power by the Sylar method, the flame guy is still alive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphamale View Post
I give a lot of people rim jobs.
My Feedback
Old 10-22-2008, 08:35 AM   #134

Quote:
Peter never got the flame guy's power by the Sylar method, the flame guy is still alive.
Sorry, I was thinking of something else

Anyway, it's still pretty stupid. Last episode was improving, so I hope it continues.
Old 10-22-2008, 10:07 AM   #135
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 11,510 Times in 4,902 Posts
I keep falling asleep when I watch the show. I did see the ending. Hopefully it will get better. Hiro and sidekick are funny at times. I want to see more of that blonde chick. She reminds me of that jazz singer from the Island......Diana Krall.
Youth is, indeed, wasted on the young.
YODO = You Only Die Once.

Dirty look from MG1 can melt steel beams.

"There must be dissonance before resolution - MG1" a musical reference.
Old 10-22-2008, 05:47 PM   #136
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

I think that Peter can only mimic the powers that he experiences. Sylar has a handful of other powers(alchemy, super hearing, cryokinesis, enhanced memory, etc.) but he has not displayed all his powers infront of Peter.

Peter was at the gas station/bank when Flint was shooting the blue flames. So he is able to mimic it.

But about Arthur Petrelli and if Peter has lost all his powers. It would be pretty farfetched if Arthur is able to absorb all powers. That means all of Peter's powers would be gone...pretty retarded. Or maybe Arthur is like his son and can only absorb the powers he experiences as well.

Quote:
Originally posted by european
i'd say its a bear... from what i've learned from winnie the pooh. you should be able to lure it with some honey.. and it'll be your friend for life!! then you'll meet his friends.. that crazy owl!! and that lazy ass donkey.. whats his name.. Eore or something.. if you meet his llitte piggy friend.. roast him and eat some ribs!! hahahaha.. wtf am i on!! hahaha i'm going nuts over here!!!
Old 10-22-2008, 05:53 PM   #137
Ricer Mod

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,501 Posts
Its logical to assume that Aurtur can absorb powers seeing as how thats how Sylar and Peter got thier abilities. Its clear he must be in contact with a person to get though... What he does with them now and if he actually... steals them... or just absorbs them is what remains to be seen.

Berz out.
Old 10-22-2008, 06:20 PM   #138
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

All peter would have to do then is ask skylar for a hug.
Old 10-22-2008, 06:23 PM   #139
Ricer Mod

Arthur would need a hug.. Peter gets his a different way... each of them get them in a different way. Also like I said it remains to be seen if he actually steals them for good or just for a short time or???

Berz out.
Old 10-22-2008, 07:47 PM   #140
Chinese Guy, Swedish Rides

Peter will probably be fine and get his original ability back after a transfusion of his girlfriend/niece's blood. Kinda like how Adam healed Nathan in season 2.

He'll have to start from scratch to build up his arsenal of powers, probably. So much for "I'M THE MOST SPECIAL!!!!!"

'88 245DL Uncle Sven the Swedish Rice Rocket|'95 945T Darth Haul|'82 242GLT B23E Lumpy the Angry Viking|'77 244DL, red/sold|'90 744T C3P-LOL, gold/sold
RS Feedback (46-0-0)
Old 10-22-2008, 07:53 PM   #141
Ricer Mod

What I find interesting is how they are building up for a role reversal... Sylar is going to become the good guy and Peter is becoming the evil one!

Berz out.
Old 10-23-2008, 07:26 AM   #142
nns
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,843 Times in 553 Posts
Quote:
It's hit and miss. He absorbed Sylar's power a different way than he normally does.. And then he got the flame guy's power using Sylar's method... Normally he just has to be around someone, and BOOM he has their power.

Then you have other whacky errors, like Sylar not being able to eavesdrop on the conversation between Claire and HRG, even though he should still have his super-hearing.

Sylar did hear what they were saying. After that guy sucks himself into his own vortex, Sylar, HRG and Claire are talking in the car and Sylar mentions how HRG just tried to have him killed by the vortex guy.

Last edited by nns; 10-23-2008 at 07:34 AM.
Old 10-23-2008, 08:04 AM   #143

Quote:
Originally Posted by nns View Post
Sylar did hear what they were saying. After that guy sucks himself into his own vortex, Sylar, HRG and Claire are talking in the car and Sylar mentions how HRG just tried to have him killed by the vortex guy.
So he was pretending not to?
Old 10-23-2008, 09:20 AM   #144
nns
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Thanked 1,843 Times in 553 Posts
If you're referring to the scene where Sylar was sitting next to the car while Claire, HRG, and vortex guy were talking - I believe he heard what they said, but he chose to act on it.

Sylar then brought it up later, in the scene where they were in the car, when Claire was talking with HRG.

I'm reading about the episode, and it doesn't seem to support what I thought happened. Maybe Sylar just plain didn't care what HRG and Claire were saying at the carnival.

Last edited by nns; 10-23-2008 at 09:30 AM.
Old 10-24-2008, 02:02 PM   #145
Need my Daily Fix of RS

adam monroe, we hardly knew u
Old 10-25-2008, 07:46 PM   #146
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

I'm certain Sylar did hear the conversation between HRG and vortex guy, if i remember correctly he made slight movements towards HRG and vortex guy but decided to wait it out.
As for Peter, the fun parts were watching him mess around with his absorbed powers, i can't imagine what they plan for him now, i just hope they turn this power-loss of his around very soon. The turn of teams is also getting interesting, good vs bad ain't so clear now.
Since the 3 out of 4 Petrelli boys end up absorbing all other powers one way or another, i hope Nathan deep down inside his genes has some hidden ability...
and... too many commercials during the show these days.
Old 10-28-2008, 02:51 PM   #147
I told him no, what y'all do?

Thanked 5,812 Times in 2,501 Posts
what ever happened to micah's cousin, the girl that can mimic anything she saw, and hit a robber with rey mysterio's 619 rofl

last i remember she went to go rescue someone and got caught by some gangbangers.

Quote:
Greenstoner
1 rat shit ruins the whole congee
originalhypa
You cannot live the life of a whore and expect a monument to your chastity
Quote:
[22-12, 08:51]mellomandidnt think and went in straight..scrapped like a bitch
[17-09, 12:07]FastAnna glowjob
[17-09, 12:08]FastAnna I like dat

Old 10-28-2008, 03:36 PM   #148
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

She's around somewhere. She did get captured by a group of guys but Micah and Niki went to rescue her which lead to the unforunate death of Niki Sanders. Nevertheless the mimicing cousin is alive but she will probably enter the story again soon, the show always includes everybody once in a while, and all their stories/lives are connected so just keep an eye out.
Old 10-28-2008, 04:05 PM   #149
Banned (ABWS)?

Thanked 3,984 Times in 1,689 Posts
^ don't watch it on TV, download it and watch it commericial free.

I got tempted to venture in this thread, even though I haven't watched yesterday's ep yet. (because I don't watch them on TV). But I haven't opened up any spoiler tags yet, so it's all good.

I think the powers are pretty inconsistent. There are many loopholes. This is the problem with this show. It was awesome in the first season, and tings were still fresh and original. But now it's getting old and tiresome. The surprises/twist don't have the same kind of impact anymore, and occasionally, some of them are quite predictable. The third season is still better than the second one I think, but certain characters have to start dying. I can see them just being filler, and if they could rewrite the plot, they could of changed it and cut out a bunch of them. Hiro and Ando is start to really piss me off now. Just Hiro actually. They do add comical relief in the show (once again, hollywood makes the Asian character to be the humor clown of the show), but it's really getting old. Is he gonna be a dumbass for the rest of the show? when do we see cool Hiro, the one from the future in season one that met Peter in the train? He has such a strong power but his stupidity amazes me. The only character that has lower common sense is Peter. He was serious business at first, but now I think he's a moron too. Does he even think before he acts? Just him coming back to shoot his own brother as if that was the only logical solution makes him a dumbass. So future and present Peter are both idiots.

The Haitian's powers are inconsistent. We were to believe it only blocks mental powers in season one, such as Matt's and Sylers. (That's how Nathan flew away even in his prescense). But did his powers evolve now? He can now stop any type of power now? Is it a passive power? Potentially, the Haitian can be the strongest character if he can really stop everyone's power. Yet maintain the ability to use his own mind erasing ability.

I have yet to see everyone use their abilities with logic to their full capacity. (Peter couldn't read Adam's mind to find out he had evil intentions in season 2? You really mean Syler couldn't break down the closet door Claire was hiding in, with any one of his destructive powers?) Probably because the show would be over very quickly, issues would be solved in one episode, and this show would then really suck.

I see two sides forming, and what could potentially save this show for me to fully enjoy it and say its "kick ass" is if they really do have an epic battle like they had promised. (in an interview, they said season 2 would have it, but it was no where to be found) They have some good stand offs, and the only thing remotely close to that was in Syler's house when present Peter went into the future, and other characters came to get him. More of that please. And let's see some more fighting back. Why is it that everytime someone get's attacked, it's always one sided. Like I said, they are already holding back their powers, because if any one character used his power to it's full capabilities, it would end just like that. But since character's like to hold back for the sake of this show, at least let them duke it out then.

/rant

I haven't watched the last ep yet, so I hope it's good. Reading what some of you said, it was the best episode so far. So I'll leave it at that, and hope to enjoy a good episode when I do get it on my computer and watch it.
Last edited by AzNightmare; Today at 10:09 AM
Old 10-28-2008, 04:22 PM   #150
Need my Daily Fix of RS

u think matt's dad is dead? he could be playing mind games. and why wouldnt peter's dad take his powers before killing him (thats if he killed him).