REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Suspension, Brakes , Wheels & Tires Tech

Suspension, Brakes , Wheels & Tires Tech THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Suspension components, brakes, Wheels and Tires. All things related to how your car handles...

Old 10-02-2008, 04:05 PM   #1
HELP ME PLS!!!

nokian tires

where is the cheapest place to buy nokian tires? kal tire has them up here.

but any other places or good online places? tirerack and discounttires direcet don't carry them.
Advertisement
johny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 11:22 PM   #2
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

1010 tire carries them
brine04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 10:30 PM   #3
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,276 Times in 308 Posts
I believe in Western Canada, you can only get them from Kal Tire as they have exclusive rights. 1010tire has them, but I have read that they won't ship them to if you live in Western Canada, however results have been mixed.
IMASA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 08:57 AM   #4
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Have you tried south of the border?
heleu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2008, 11:50 AM   #5
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

I'm pretty sure I saw Nokian tires in the Cdn Tire flyer this week. They were going from $50 but I believe those were for 13" tires :S

If cats always land on their feet, and toast always lands butter side down, what would happen if you strapped burnt toast to the back of a cat and dropped it?
boibuddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 12:58 PM   #6
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

Thanked 2,253 Times in 626 Posts
kal tire. which ones are u looking at? i got the nokian WR's for the highlander, great tires but expensive. i think i paid 9 bills for all 4, but for a winter tire rated for all season, cant go wrong with that...

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors
JP Cellular Repair | Ebisu on Robson | Wings Restaurant Pub & Grill Burnaby | Overseas Auto | BlitzGear Inc | HID Outlet | Sounds Good Auto Service | Racing Greed | The Speed Syndicate | N-Motion Auto | Performance One |

If you are interested in advertising on Revscene.net, email me at Advertisement@revscene.net for further details.
!SG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 10:29 AM   #7
Banned (ABWS)

hey there try vital auto repair I think they carry nokian or can get them check them out their number is I believe 604-569-2767
604_red_g2teg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 09:56 PM   #8
HELP ME PLS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by !SG View Post
kal tire. which ones are u looking at? i got the nokian WR's for the highlander, great tires but expensive. i think i paid 9 bills for all 4, but for a winter tire rated for all season, cant go wrong with that...

I was looking at the Vatiiva A/T. simular to the WR but non directional. but sadly not winter rated either. the WR don't come in my size.

the kal tire price wasn't bad. but they wanted $32 per mount which is ridiculous $25 + 7 for new vavle stems)

I've heard discounttire in the US can get them. (the local stores, not the online shipping part of it). and they only charge $12 for mounting with free vavle stems. if I stay down for 48hrs no cnd tax. but I'll have to pay the 8% wash tax. I haven't called down for pricing yet.

do you think kal tire would come down at all to match?

Last edited by johny; 10-06-2008 at 09:57 PM.
johny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 08:22 PM   #9
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

Thanked 2,253 Times in 626 Posts
tough call, unless u can get a price in paper.

valve stems that cost 7 bucks? when i was working at advance, we had customers complain about us charging $2 bucks for each valve stem and thats the best price we can comprimise on. as for mounting tires, if its a truck size tire, i would understand the extra cost as they may need a beed blaster to do it. its not so much more effort, but comes down to just need to pull at least 1 more guy to help do the mounting (one to hold the tire and inflater, another guy to use the beed blaster)

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors
JP Cellular Repair | Ebisu on Robson | Wings Restaurant Pub & Grill Burnaby | Overseas Auto | BlitzGear Inc | HID Outlet | Sounds Good Auto Service | Racing Greed | The Speed Syndicate | N-Motion Auto | Performance One |

If you are interested in advertising on Revscene.net, email me at Advertisement@revscene.net for further details.
!SG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 10:48 PM   #10
ddr
Snapping away

i've only asked kal tire so i'm interested as to what other choices i had
they really wanted to add in the wheel alignment cost on top of the whole bill