REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Entertainment Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/entertainment-forum_27/)
-   -   Notorious - The Notorious BIG movie (https://www.revscene.net/forums/549775-notorious-notorious-big-movie.html)

custom1 10-25-2008 10:41 PM

looks more interesting than tupac resurrection. Tupac is a great rapper, but they should've made his movie better.

HurricaneGame 10-25-2008 10:58 PM

2pac = best rapper ever.. biggie is 2nd. Why i say that is because every rapper alive says that those to are the best rappers ever.. and that's why Lil Wayne, Jay Z, Nas Etc Call themselves " The Best Rapper Alive " opposed to "The best Rapper EVER "

stuff99 10-25-2008 11:02 PM

new trailer

http://www.iwatchstuff.com/2008/10/n...ing_a_rapp.php

unit 10-26-2008 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HurricaneGame (Post 6089810)
2pac = best rapper ever.. biggie is 2nd. Why i say that is because every rapper alive says that those to are the best rappers ever.. and that's why Lil Wayne, Jay Z, Nas Etc Call themselves " The Best Rapper Alive " opposed to "The best Rapper EVER "

biggie murders pac on every level...
and i would put at least 4 or 5 rappers over pac in the GOAT race

l2_narain 11-19-2008 12:34 AM

looks good

[youtube]9xqTHEXHfCA[/youtube]

JSALES 11-19-2008 12:49 AM

haha, who's the actor playing biggie?

yamahar6 11-19-2008 01:11 AM

sick.........cant wait till it comes out

EXV603 11-24-2008 09:11 PM

yeah that looks good. im definitely gonna watch it when it comes out.

BoneThug 11-26-2008 01:24 AM

thats looks pretty bad. I hope they make it better then that.

threezero 11-26-2008 02:07 AM

did i miss somthing? a biggie movie without tupac? must be high

miss_crayon 01-03-2009 11:38 PM

12 daysssssssssssssssssssssss!

SpartanAir 01-03-2009 11:43 PM

Sweet I can't wait to see this ISH...

winson604 01-04-2009 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JSALES (Post 6129874)
haha, who's the actor playing biggie?

Jamal Woolard

spln 01-04-2009 01:15 PM

looks good

RenoMan 01-04-2009 07:47 PM

check this guy out he sounds exactly like biggie, people give him shit for sounding like him

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY4ubZ_-_D4

miss_crayon 01-04-2009 08:51 PM

^i like the song he did with mario winans
well..like the quote goes "often imitated, never duplicated"
they do sound alike though..like..alarming

westcoastgsr 01-07-2009 05:19 PM

This movie is produced by his mom. I doubt its gonna show much of the darker side of his life (since he is her son). I know Lil Kim and the Mom dont get along, I wonder how much this effects the movie because Lil Kim really "involved" with BIG.

The first thing they make known is that this movie is the vision of Biggie’s mother, Voletta Wallace. As such, it stands as perhaps her chance to tell the story not of the rapper, whose life unfolded in the media, but of her son, Christopher Wallace. Those stories don’t necessarily align. Miss Wallace has been on the set every day, overseeing every aspect of the film’s creation. Don’t get it twisted, you may rewind this, but Bad Boy’s not behind this.

http://www.allhiphop.com/stories/lif.../20768450.aspx

I asked Miss Wallace how it felt to see such a large part of her life unfold on the screen. She responded, “When I did my book, I felt I was done, but there’s so many documentaries. And once you see them it gets so out there that it’s like you’re watching the Godfather.

I said so many people love my son; I’m going to do his life. This is about a man with a heart. I want the world to see that no matter what they come from they can be the greatest.”

Obviously this is a movie, so there is a certain amount of Hollywood needed to connect story arcs within the film. When asked about some of these instances, Miss Wallace was very forthcoming. “The jail scene never happened,” she replied, “they had me praying in jail and that’s whatever. They had some things about his father that didn’t happen and I had that taken out.”

Brickface 01-07-2009 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by westcoastgsr (Post 6211566)
This movie is produced by his mom. I doubt its gonna show much of the darker side of his life (since he is her son). I know Lil Kim and the Mom dont get along, I wonder how much this effects the movie because Lil Kim really "involved" with BIG.

The first thing they make known is that this movie is the vision of Biggie’s mother, Voletta Wallace. As such, it stands as perhaps her chance to tell the story not of the rapper, whose life unfolded in the media, but of her son, Christopher Wallace. Those stories don’t necessarily align. Miss Wallace has been on the set every day, overseeing every aspect of the film’s creation. Don’t get it twisted, you may rewind this, but Bad Boy’s not behind this.

http://www.allhiphop.com/stories/lif.../20768450.aspx

I asked Miss Wallace how it felt to see such a large part of her life unfold on the screen. She responded, “When I did my book, I felt I was done, but there’s so many documentaries. And once you see them it gets so out there that it’s like you’re watching the Godfather.

I said so many people love my son; I’m going to do his life. This is about a man with a heart. I want the world to see that no matter what they come from they can be the greatest.”

Obviously this is a movie, so there is a certain amount of Hollywood needed to connect story arcs within the film. When asked about some of these instances, Miss Wallace was very forthcoming. “The jail scene never happened,” she replied, “they had me praying in jail and that’s whatever. They had some things about his father that didn’t happen and I had that taken out.”

That's kind of bullshit, I can see by the trailer too that it's more of a rags to riches story, that kinda makes biggy seem a little too sugar coated. I'd be more interested in the gritty, grimey biggy, cause we all know he wasn't all sugar and spice.

Anyways, movie still looks interesting, still gonna watch it.

chr1s 01-09-2009 05:36 AM

^ what he said

Gary Oak 01-15-2009 10:55 PM

Notorious only playing in select theatres
apparently

Not really racist! 01-15-2009 11:01 PM

going to tinsle to watch it on opening day probably

jmygsr 01-16-2009 10:45 AM

I'm pretty fired up to watch this movie...biggie smallz is a legend and any fan of hip hop should watch the flick to pay homage to one of the best lyricists of our time!

Gary Oak 01-17-2009 04:07 AM

movie was sold out
was gonna see it it richmond anyone see it ?
how was it ...

red_2 01-17-2009 02:34 PM

yah, any reviews of this movie yet??

Gary Oak 01-18-2009 12:47 AM

well just saw notorious...
it was pretty good for a documentary and stuff
had good music
tupac in the movie was a joke, the guy who played him did not look nothing like him