REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/sports-sports-entertainment-fitness_35/)
-   -   buying hockey gear online (https://www.revscene.net/forums/549883-buying-hockey-gear-online.html)

RayBot 07-15-2009 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SumAznGuy (Post 6508590)
Is it made in the US?

If the package is small, maybe ask them to send it to your house and you might not get taxed.

Thats a relief....Ewong's package is small.

mickz 07-15-2009 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SumAznGuy (Post 6508590)
Is it made in the US?
For sure, you will pay GST. Being a safety equipment, might be no PST.
Most of the time, they might not ask you to pay duty, but I guess if it was made in China or India, it might be 6-10%?

If the package is small, maybe ask them to send it to your house and you might not get taxed.

Hockey pants aren't considered safety equipment. I imported my Tacklas and they were deemed an article of clothing so I paid PST and GST on my declared value but no duty because my pants were made in Canada.

Also if ewong is buying from an online shop, most manufacturers don't allow their product to be shipped over the border to protect Canadian shops. Point Roberts is his best bet, not getting it shipped to his house.

mako 07-15-2009 08:02 PM

bought a Synergy ST off eBay for 70 bucks and i've been using it for the past 2 years

ewong 07-16-2009 03:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RayBot (Post 6508600)
Thats a relief....Ewong's package is small.

Your an Ass! I hope to see you when we play against KBI

Quote:

Originally Posted by mickz (Post 6509149)
Hockey pants aren't considered safety equipment. I imported my Tacklas and they were deemed an article of clothing so I paid PST and GST on my declared value but no duty because my pants were made in Canada.

Also if ewong is buying from an online shop, most manufacturers don't allow their product to be shipped over the border to protect Canadian shops. Point Roberts is his best bet, not getting it shipped to his house.

Well I wasn't gonna get it shipped to my house anyways. But yeah I'm probably gonna get it shipped to Point Roberts.

Thanks for the info guys.

SumAznGuy 07-16-2009 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mickz (Post 6509149)

That's gay. I consider it safety equipment, just like a cup. :eek:
But then again, the CBSA is full of tards. :mad:

Thanks for the heads up.

ewong 07-16-2009 04:16 PM

btw, other than hockeymonkey, and hockey giant. Has anyone ever dealt with Inline Warehouse?

Gumby 07-17-2009 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ewong (Post 6510602)
btw, other than hockeymonkey, and hockey giant. Has anyone ever dealt with Inline Warehouse?

Yes, I bought wheels from them about a month or two ago. Didn't have any issues with them...

ewong 07-17-2009 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gumby (Post 6511725)
Yes, I bought wheels from them about a month or two ago. Didn't have any issues with them...

Where'd you get the stuff sent to? How much they charge you for shipping?

canuckfan72 08-30-2009 04:26 PM

Why dont you check out some of the source for sports stores. they know their stuff and would probably give you a deal if u buy alot of stuff.

ewong 08-30-2009 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canuckfan72 (Post 6570596)
Why dont you check out some of the source for sports stores. they know their stuff and would probably give you a deal if u buy alot of stuff.

I already got my hockey girdle. I bought it online and got it shipped to Blaine.

I ended up paying $5 for pick up in Blaine and paid no duties when I cross the border

canuckfan72 08-30-2009 05:03 PM

nice, may i ask where you ended up buying it from?

ewong 08-30-2009 05:15 PM

Inline warehouse.

I did it cuz i saved a few dollars vs hockeymonkey. Also they were quick to reply my questions and i got ended up getting free ground shipping to blaine. It took maybe 4 days for it to get to blaine, so it was a pretty good deal.

My friends seem to get things shipped to point roberts and they know you only go there for one reason. So they always get charged duties. I went to blaine to get my stuff and stopped off at jack in the box.

canuckfan72 08-30-2009 05:33 PM

wow, thats a great deal for you. the shipping and duty costs/ taxes always kill me when i order hockey and tennis stuff online

yau1225 04-11-2010 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ewong (Post 6570669)
Inline warehouse.

I did it cuz i saved a few dollars vs hockeymonkey. Also they were quick to reply my questions and i got ended up getting free ground shipping to blaine. It took maybe 4 days for it to get to blaine, so it was a pretty good deal.

My friends seem to get things shipped to point roberts and they know you only go there for one reason. So they always get charged duties. I went to blaine to get my stuff and stopped off at jack in the box.

What did you tell the customs at the boarder?
and where did you ship it to at Blaine? Which letter courier...?