REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Music & Clubbing (https://www.revscene.net/forums/music-clubbing_31/)
-   -   Solid NYE (https://www.revscene.net/forums/552192-solid-nye.html)

-SPiKE- 11-06-2008 06:26 PM

Solid NYE

so, who's going?
Showtek will rip it up...
they were supposed to announce the line up on the night of dooms, but they didn't, and still haven't... i wonder who the trance headliner will be?

m4k4v4li 11-07-2008 12:36 AM

holler for tix when theyre out

-SPiKE- 11-14-2008 09:01 AM

full line up announced!

==========================
++ HEAVEN ++ (MAIN STAGE)
Hosted By Super-Stan

CHRISTOPHER LAWRENCE
(Pharmacy Music, www.christopherlawrence.com) USA

SHOWTEK
(Q-Dance, Dutch Master Works, www.showtek.nl) Holland

DJ SHAH
(Armada, www.djshah.net) Germany

SHY BROTHERS (Solid, Djlinks.com, www.shybrothers.com) Canada

JIMMY CHOU (Solid)
VICTOR H. (Solid)
GUY POULIN (Solid)

++ EARTH++ (SECOND AREA)

THE YOUNG PUNX
(MofoHifi, www.theyoungpunx.com) UK

DJ HYPERFUNK vs. DJ CAMEO
(Housewrekin, www.myspace.com/hyperfunk) USA

HIRSHEE (Blow Media)
MISS MARZ (Solid)
CHEMICAL DJs aka STIMULANT J (LCU) VS AVERAGE CITIZEN (Silverwaters)
TRIP-C (Solid)
SOMA (Solid)
NOOF (Solid)

++ TALENT++ (THIRD AREA)

MYCHAL FERREIRA (Solid)
EPID3MIK vs. DJ G3N3R4L (Deviantbreaks)
TRIZZAK (Epik)
HOWARD HU (Solid)
B-FUNK (Solid)
LADY AK (Silverwaters)
YUTA (Koo Ent.)
TRAI2PHONG (Solid)
MIKE POWELL (Solid)
DJ PATE (Epik)

im PUMPED to see DJ Shah and Christopher Lawrence!
this is gonna be an awsome way to start 2009...!

unit 11-14-2008 09:18 AM

i think i'll pass on this one... but i'd love to see hyperfunk again

BlackV62K2 11-14-2008 12:28 PM

Other than DJ Shah, this lineup is meh and definitely not worth what the ticket prices will be.

Jer3 11-14-2008 01:09 PM

weak lineup. i wouldn't mind seeing shah but never was a fan of christopher lawrence.

BSOD 11-14-2008 01:29 PM

was considering this in my new years plans but not anymore. the lineup is too weaksauce.

m4k4v4li 11-14-2008 04:54 PM

showtek dj shah + hyperfunk

i dont know how that is a weak lineup

BSOD 11-14-2008 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6chr0nic4 (Post 6122322)
showtek dj shah + hyperfunk

says it all right there... weak.

hyperfunk, on the other hand tho, is cool.

m4k4v4li 11-14-2008 09:01 PM

showtek = definition of hardstyle, considered top it not best hardstyle djs in the world
dj shah is a fucking huge trance dj so iuno what more u could ask for

maybe u dont like the djs, not ur style, w/e
but the lineup is far from weak

yellowpower 11-14-2008 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6chr0nic4 (Post 6122582)
showtek = definition of hardstyle, considered top it not best hardstyle djs in the world
dj shah is a fucking huge trance dj so iuno what more u could ask for

maybe u dont like the djs, not ur style, w/e
but the lineup is far from weak

what???

and Dj Shah isnt huge...wtf.....yet

BlackV62K2 11-15-2008 03:03 AM

As a DJ, Shah is not huge but as a producer he's pretty popular.

Inaii 11-15-2008 03:40 AM

Definitely working this one. Double pay all night. Saweeet! And wth, why is Maggie always on the opposite end of the building I'm working at.

I'd like to see DJ Shah, I really like his stuff :)

-SPiKE- 11-15-2008 01:45 PM

well, the line up may not be ideal, but it'll still be an awsome night!
i haven't seen showtek, dj shah, or christopher lawrence live yet, so im looking forward to that.
i'd go just to see hyperfunk again.
anyways, Inaii, you work at the raves?

Inaii 11-15-2008 02:15 PM

Mhmm, I work for the Coliseum. I'm one of the people that searches ;)

BSOD 11-15-2008 03:17 PM

meh... maybe i'm just spoiled, but this lineup is definitely weak for me and for anyone else that have already voiced their opinion in this thread alone.

i know you work for solid, but you can just save yourself the sales pitch.

m4k4v4li 11-17-2008 05:27 PM

compare it with nye 07, now THAT was weak
if u look on fnk + the fb event page the feedback is good
ppl loved young punx from fusion 07
all the youngins dont even care about the other headliners, they just go for showtek, for all they care showtek could play a 4hr set and they will still love it

thats my honest opinion, what do i have to gain from hyping it? im just a promoter

BlackV62K2 11-18-2008 07:58 AM

It's actually more the youngins go their just to get high/dance and could careless about who spinning. That's why Van gets raped with these stupid ticket prices for so so headliner DJs.

BSOD 11-18-2008 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6chr0nic4 (Post 6126709)
compare it with nye 07, now THAT was weak
if u look on fnk + the fb event page the feedback is good
ppl loved young punx from fusion 07
all the youngins dont even care about the other headliners, they just go for showtek, for all they care showtek could play a 4hr set and they will still love it

thats my honest opinion, what do i have to gain from hyping it? im just a promoter

of course you are entitled with your opinion, but considering that you promote for solid and help sell their tickets, it is in your best interest to generate interest and sales whenever you can. do you not agree?

there's like the same 60 people that still use fnk regularly and facebook is filled with solid fan boys. of course the feedback is good there. for every one supporter there's probably 10 times more potential ravers that are looking elsewhere for NYE. solid NYE was one of my top choices for this year but now with this lineup, it has become a non-factor. i'm not alone on this.

regardless, the show will sell because there are no other raves of its size in the city. unfortunately, this monopoly has pretty much killed the scene and the quality of shows in recent years. this is my honest opinion.

dooms night 04 - 5 headliners
dooms night 05 - 4 headliners
fast forward to dooms night 08 - 3 headliners

see a trend? i haven't even mentioned how prices has gone up and up while quality has gone down and down.

i agree with everything blackv62k2 said.

unit 11-18-2008 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackV62K2 (Post 6127905)
It's actually more the youngins go their just to get high/dance and could careless about who spinning. That's why Van gets raped with these stupid ticket prices for so so headliner DJs.

youngins go to raves to get high and dance all night in any city... this isnt the reason why van prices are high.

BlackV62K2 11-18-2008 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unit (Post 6128208)
youngins go to raves to get high and dance all night in any city... this isnt the reason why van prices are high.

No, I was more getting to the point that people will pay $80-$100+ for tickets to a party that's clearly not worth the price with the DJ lineup that promoters provide these days. Promoters have been getting away with this for years now. Like BSOD mentioned, lineup gets worst and worst each year but ticket prices stay the same or gets even more expensive. I could careless since I dont go to raves anymore but I'm just shocked as to what kind of sh!t gets passed for the amount people are paying these days.

I don't know if it's still the same as the old days but raves used to be full of kids that cant get into clubs but then again raves used to be like $40-$50 at most.

m4k4v4li 11-18-2008 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackV62K2 (Post 6127905)

lol most of the regulars/etards actually know their music though and they do care a lot who spins, just that disliking a dj is not enough reason for them not to attend, i agree with u partially that a lot of them just go to get fucked thats why they like it hard

and my tickets will sell out as always, doesnt matter how much i hype it up

lol ppl on fnk call a spade a spade, theres a lot of oldschoolers and hcore rave heads, if a rave is shitty, ull be the first to hear it from them

m4k4v4li 11-18-2008 06:32 PM

if u were throwing a rave, and ppl would pay 100+
why would u price ur tickets for less

look at dooms, ppl payed 180-200 for tickets day of / at the door to get in

BSOD 11-18-2008 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6chr0nic4 (Post 6129040)
if u were throwing a rave, and ppl would pay 100+
why would u price ur tickets for less

we've all heard this one before. we all know that solid corp is all about milking maximum profit off their current followers and telling potential customers to go fly a kite.

if you've been on fnk long enough, you would know most of the true old-school fnk'ers wouldn't touch a solid rave with a meter stick. lol... :haha:

good luck on the event. i'm sure solid won't need it though since they will 'sell-out' anyway :)

BlackV62K2 11-19-2008 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6chr0nic4 (Post 6129040)

Sorry but those people are idiots. I wouldn't even pay $200 for a party over here in Europe and trust me, the DJ lineup they get here is something only Van can dream of. Guess what, it's not even close to $200....more like under $50.

And if you want to compare something closer to home. Look at the talent that USC brings and how much their ticket prices are.