REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Music & Clubbing (https://www.revscene.net/forums/music-clubbing_31/)
-   -   Kanye's 808s and a Heartbreak album (https://www.revscene.net/forums/553582-kanyes-808s-heartbreak-album.html)

dub.g 11-17-2008 09:14 PM

Kanye's 808s and a Heartbreak album

wow no thread about this so far?

the album is already leaked on torrents, although not the best quality..

id say its an ok album, not as good as Graduation.. there are some good songs

at first i couldnt help take kanye singing seriously, especially with the help of the aid auto tune, but the beat, structure and sound of each songs is good enough to do justice..

it feels more of an experimental album, rather than Kanye's past 3 albums..
its definitely leaning more to pop music rather than hip hop..

Heartless, Amazing and Coldest Winter are good..

but damn Paranoid got a killer tune. i cant stop listening to this.. i just want the clean version..

[youtube]-bDJAEJDgcQ[/youtube]

greendb7 11-17-2008 09:16 PM

The whole album was meant to be experimental, he wanted to try something different and he had fun doing it he said.
Apparently he's going back to rapping with next year's album and losing the auto tune also
but yes 808's and Heartbreak was pretty damn good I think

fuhkyu 11-17-2008 09:57 PM

I've heard a few song from it and I think it's a pretty good album. There are definitely some killer beats on this album imo.

JSALES 11-17-2008 11:28 PM

anyone got the album?

MarkyMark 11-18-2008 01:18 AM

While I don't hate what i've heard, the autotune is played out when he uses it every song, I hope after this album he never uses it again.

TopazX5 11-18-2008 09:37 PM

as far as I know , the one out now is not retail ... its just a bunch of leaked material , some looped

hotjoint 11-19-2008 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TopazX5 (Post 6129478)
as far as I know , the one out now is not retail ... its just a bunch of leaked material , some looped

Yup thats why I always wait for proper group rips, the stuff thats on torrents is either fake or web ripped

unit 11-19-2008 08:54 AM

kanyes glory days were in college dropout.
corny ass punchlines killed him in my books.
havent heard a fresh kanye track in a minute

Adsdeman 11-19-2008 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkyMark (Post 6127675)
While I don't hate what i've heard, the autotune is played out when he uses it every song, I hope after this album he never uses it again.

I hope no one ever uses it ever agian its well over paid.

LemonH2O 11-19-2008 08:59 AM

Well, Kanye was on Ellen a while back and he said something like his name is Kanye West, that he's not a rap artist so his name isn't a rapper name, hence he shouldn't be viewed as only a rap artist.

BoneThug 11-19-2008 10:01 AM

i've been praying that its all a big joke. just like how everyone thought some of the freshmen adjustments and that Cd with peace and I apologise and tracks like that would make one of his albums and then his dropped late registration and made everyone shut up. I hope none of those leaked tracks make the album. they're all really horrible.

im all for him experimenting and growing as an artist, I just dont see how anyone at his label could actually let him commit public suicide like that.

chun 11-20-2008 03:49 PM

Mellow-er, and a change up of style.

I hope others respect the balls it takes to do something completely different, instead of "club jams". I don't expect it to be a hit though. Personally, I like it.

incubus 11-20-2008 04:07 PM

i heard some on the beat this morning i plan on buying it and supporting kanye :)

BoneThug 11-20-2008 04:22 PM

its not that its different, its just from the tracks ive heard they're just not good. bad lyrics, un thought out beats. compare 808s and late registration or graduation. look how much work he put into making the beats on those last two albums and then listen to the ones on 808s. there just simple and well, horrible. not just by comparion, but in general as well.

a.g21 11-20-2008 05:25 PM

heartless and amazing is okay, everything else wasn't that great imo

rslater 11-20-2008 06:30 PM

Really? I think the album is incredible. Every track has meaning and a great punch. The beats are amazing, and the hooks that are used are catchy as well.

Jassanova 11-20-2008 07:10 PM

Kanye was done 5 minutes ago.

m4k4v4li 11-20-2008 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lustful-trance (Post 6132968)
i heard some on the beat this morning i plan on buying it and supporting kanye :)

lol he prob gets $1 out of w.e u spend on the album

dub.g 11-21-2008 12:09 AM

Kanye set himself up perfectly.. he can do whatever he wants and say whatever he wants without affecting his career

his douchbaggery cockiness, his attitude really shows the stands of time.. it just helped him boost his career more

because for someone to open their mouth, he sure can back it up saying how good he is

the album is not bad, nor its great..

he experimented with pop music, everybody knows he cant sing, and this goes without saying while using the aid tune..

ppl will still buy this album because of loyal fans

rich people will buy it because kanye writes and makes music for "rich people.."

radio stations will play his music because its mainstream hip hop/pop music..

BoneThug 11-21-2008 12:29 AM

uhhh loyal fans are not going to buy this. loyal fans are going to become unloyal. he wont be the first artist to think he cannot be stopped and then suffer a huge crash after a really bad album.

rich people dont listen to rap. they listen to techno while doing blow off of a hooker.

and finally, no one listens to the radio anymore so that point is moot.

BoneThug 11-21-2008 12:30 AM

and how were his last 3 albums no experimental? no one else had a sound like college drop out did and it was a huge risk, which is what took him so long to find a label to actually take him. other 2 were pretty out there too.

hotjoint 11-21-2008 06:58 AM

Heartless is the best track, not a bad cd at all, just different

punani 11-22-2008 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rslater (Post 6133220)
Every track has meaning and a great punch.

I agree. Most of his songs are about his mom and his ex fiance right? The only song I like on the album is Street Lights. The rest of the songs aren't bad but they aren't good either.

illicitstylz 11-23-2008 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by punani (Post 6136096)
I agree. Most of his songs are about his mom and his ex fiance right? The only song I like on the album is Street Lights. The rest of the songs aren't bad but they aren't good either.

I like his songs and all, however I do have one issue with this CD.

It may sound stupid lol but that's the only thing that keeps me from listening to this in my car because the sub rattles everything with this cd's tracks. .

Is it just me, or does his tracks like love lockdown rattle the shit out of your car even when all your other songs don't (at the same sound system settings of course ).

punani 11-23-2008 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by illicitstylz (Post 6136970)
I like his songs and all, however I do have one issue with this CD.

It may sound stupid lol but that's the only thing that keeps me from listening to this in my car because the sub rattles everything with this cd's tracks. .

Is it just me, or does his tracks like love lockdown rattle the shit out of your car even when all your other songs don't (at the same sound system settings of course ).

It's the drums in the background.