REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Entertainment Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/entertainment-forum_27/)
-   -   initial D extra stage 2 (https://www.revscene.net/forums/554403-initial-d-extra-stage-2-a.html)

hamsup 11-24-2008 10:29 AM

initial D extra stage 2

Anyone know where i can find the subbed version and streaming ???

enrai 11-25-2008 07:12 PM

There's an Extra Stage 2?

Man, I've been out of it!

sky_dragon 11-25-2008 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by enrai (Post 6141636)
There's an Extra Stage 2?

Man, I've been out of it!

Yeah, never heard of it either.

Researched on Wiki, apparently it came out this October and will be on DVD in December.

HonestTea 11-25-2008 11:54 PM

any idea what's it about?

I've only heard about Extra Stage with Mako and Sayuki(sp?) lol

keifun 11-26-2008 12:22 AM

is extra stage 2 gonna be about Sako and Sayuki again?

TOPEC 11-26-2008 02:10 AM

hmm interested in this too. wonder what it's about.
will be out in DVD in dec 5th. i'm sure there'll be torrents by then.

edit: more info here

http://yuuwaku.wordpress.com/2008/08...-info-screens/

hamsup 11-26-2008 08:50 AM

its called Initial D: Extra Stage 2: Tabidachi no Green english

hopefully you guys can find it.. and post the torrents up !

+Kardboard+ 11-26-2008 08:28 PM

Whoa, news to me! I'll keep an eye out.

death_blossom 11-26-2008 10:53 PM

The character design for this animated OVA looks kinda odd. Reminds me of Second Stage, which was IMO, the ugliest looking of all the Initial D series.

Sweet2L 11-28-2008 01:49 PM

Damn I want to see this. I think first season animation was best haha. At least for the characters..

caronimo 11-28-2008 02:12 PM

im surprised nobody ripped it off pay-per-view since it was out on october 3rd

Shun Izaki 11-28-2008 10:13 PM

Someone posts torrents!

welfare 11-30-2008 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caronimo (Post 6146347)
im surprised nobody ripped it off pay-per-view since it was out on october 3rd

probably only good if you can understand japanese

Grandmaster TSE 11-30-2008 01:22 PM

the raw is out
no subbed version yet

keitaro 11-30-2008 02:17 PM

is there any news on a 5th stage yet?

can't wait to see extra stage 2!

+Kardboard+ 11-30-2008 02:44 PM

Raw's been out for a while.

Do they even have enough story for a 5th Stage yet?

Cyclonus 12-01-2008 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by death_blossom (Post 6143824)
The character design for this animated OVA looks kinda odd. Reminds me of Second Stage, which was IMO, the ugliest looking of all the Initial D series.

:(
I don't know about you, but 1st stage had the worst drawings, and they gradually improved.

Spoon 12-02-2008 04:45 AM

^
seems like the story gradually declines as they up the ante for the graphics. 4th stage was so boring i had to stop watching it half way into the series.

welfare 12-02-2008 05:27 AM

1st stage pwned. i hated how they went all digital and crap

hamsup 12-02-2008 08:18 AM

I thought there wasn't going to be a 5th stage... weird !!!

i cant wait for the subbed version !!

AzNightmare 12-02-2008 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet2L (Post 6146316)
Damn I want to see this. I think first season animation was best haha. At least for the characters..

haha, no way! 4th stage had Kyoko Iwase, and she looked good. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spoon (Post 6151854)
^
seems like the story gradually declines as they up the ante for the graphics. 4th stage was so boring i had to stop watching it half way into the series.

I have to somewhat agree. The first stage was the best in terms of story, partially it being all new. While by the time it was 4th stage, the whole drifting idea is already known. Not as many tricks they can whip up to winning a race. The story as a whole, the first stage was much better. But in terms of just the racing, I liked the 4th slightly stage better.

Besides some pathetic parts like the God of Hand loses because he has to puke at the last minute... The Civic race with the blind headlights off passing was something new. And racing the Cappuccino, something weaker than the AE86 was also something new. And the most hiliarious part when Takumi's best friend (forgot his name at the moment) gets rejected by that girl. So funny.

Anyway, I think Initial D can be better if they ever make a 5th stage. But they gotta add some more drama into it I think. I know Initial D's audience is probably 95% male, and having some romantic drama between Kyoko and Keisuke might be a waste of air time to many, I think it really ads depth if they explored it a bit more. Or just throw in some more elements, like how they almost scrapped with the LanEvo guys, which I thought was actually a cool unique part in Initial D (makes it more than just about car racing), but it just turned out to flop with a stupid twist. I was disappointed.

Throw some more drama, like how Takumi had to rescue that girl in the GT-Four in the snow. It's too structured and boring if it's just one race after one race. (It's like playing NFS ProStreet).

None the less, fourth stage got me really excited each episode. Since I had to wait 2 months for each two episodes to be released, as I finished downloading it, my body was literally shaking in excitement as I double-clicked the .avi file. I'm gonna be an Initial D fan regardless what they put out. There isn't that many other car animes out there. Wangan is no where near as good.

+Kardboard+ 12-02-2008 04:01 PM

Wangan has a more interesting story, but then it is far too slow (IMHO) and the action is kinda....almost ridiculous. Initial D was and will always be good, but Fourth Stage was a tad on the boring side. If you watched them all together in one go, though, THAT is awesome. :D:D:D And the music helps too! I still think Battle Stage 1 has the best music. Heck, it's the only album I actually bought ahahah

AzNightmare 12-02-2008 05:25 PM

How many episodes are in Wangan? Is the series done yet? I downloaded up to 13 eps but I can't find anymore. But some sites told me it goes up to 24. I only watched up to ep 4 or 5, but I want to get all the eps before I start watching.

I see some "Zero-Raws" torrents for Extra Stage 2, but I assume they are raws so nobody subbed them yet.

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w...nitiald_01.jpg

artwork doesn't look all that bad

+Kardboard+ 12-02-2008 10:39 PM

There are subs for Wangan, but apparently they're hard to find. I dunno. Hey! She still looks hot in that pic, nay, hotter than Any Previous Stage lmao

AzNightmare 12-02-2008 11:53 PM

No, I have subs for wangan. I just have up to ep 13 though. Not sure if there is any more eps.

As for Extra Stage 2, I have not seen any subbed ones yet.