REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   HealthCare & Wellness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/healthcare-wellness_269/)
-   -   How long do you usually wait at the doctor's office? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/554764-how-long-do-you-usually-wait-doctors-office.html)

~designer_rice~ 11-26-2008 05:28 PM

How long do you usually wait at the doctor's office?

I was at the walk-in clinic the other day during my break. I couldn't believe I had to wait an hour and a half and I STILL didn't get to see the doctor!!! I was so pissed!!! When I asked the MOA if I could come back at 5 pm, she said no and to come back the next day.

Waiting for AN HOUR AND A HALF is just ridiculous!!! I hate the doctors!!! Arrrgggghhh!!! By the way, I don't have a regular family doctor. Any good recommendations? I live in the Kits area.

socialenemy69 11-26-2008 06:10 PM

Some walk in clinics will allow you to make appointments on special occasions.

rslater 11-26-2008 06:11 PM

15-20 minutes.

HonestTea 11-26-2008 06:27 PM

15-30minutes at least..

Presto 11-26-2008 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~designer_rice~ (Post 6143238)
Waiting for AN HOUR AND A HALF is just ridiculous!!! I hate the doctors!!! Arrrgggghhh!!! By the way, I don't have a regular family doctor. Any good recommendations? I live in the Kits area.

I remember when my family went to Dr Henry Leung on Broadway. It was about a 15-30min wait when we started going in the 80s. When we moved to Coquitlam in the 90s, we switched to a local doctor, but my parents still went there a few times. The wait times were up to 2 hours. It's like all the Chinese people go there. Last I heard, the wait there was a fuckin' gong show. The most we've ever had to wait for our Coquitlam doc was 25 min. Otherwise, 5-10 min was the norm.

Macadamia 11-26-2008 08:16 PM

Check out this sticky that I wrote:

http://www.revscene.net/forums/showthread.php?t=537275

Inaii 11-27-2008 05:51 AM

Most I've ever had to wait was half an hour. Normally I get there early, but get into the room ontime and only have to wait a few minutes for my doctor to get around to me =]

Hot Karl 11-27-2008 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Presto (Post 6143395)
I remember when my family went to Dr Henry Leung on Broadway. It was about a 15-30min wait when we started going in the 80s. When we moved to Coquitlam in the 90s, we switched to a local doctor, but my parents still went there a few times. The wait times were up to 2 hours. It's like all the Chinese people go there. Last I heard, the wait there was a fuckin' gong show. The most we've ever had to wait for our Coquitlam doc was 25 min. Otherwise, 5-10 min was the norm.

haha this guy delivered me and is our family doctor. so true. but we're family friends so we get the vip line.

i had an ex whos' grandma insisted on going to see him even with a massive wait. it drove her family crazy. he's a good doctor and he loves to talk so i guess that's just a great combo for older chinese folks. he's kinda overbearing but i'm used to him and i kinda like that in a doctor. that mofo is supposed to give a damn.

OP: clinics are a total crap shoot in my experience.

Care 11-27-2008 06:38 AM

quasi 11-27-2008 12:31 PM

30-60 minutes is standard. I do go to the same clinic and usually see the same Doctor who I've been seeing for the last dozen years but he isn't technically my family doctor, I don't have one.

When I lived in Regina I had a family Doctor and the standard wait time was 2-2.5 hours give or take 30 minutes and this was with an appointment. I was a kid and just went where my mom took me but even as a kid I thought the wait was retarded.

Edit: On a side note do you avoid certain Doctors like the plague? It's funny at the clinic I go to there is this one Doctor I've seen three times, once for me and twice for my son. Every single time he's suggest that either me or my son come back in a week for a follow up. I mean at first I thought it showed he actually cared but after the 3rd time of him suggesting follow ups it was pretty obvious it was all about the repeat $$$$$. Most people have J O B's like I'm just going to take off work so he can make some money. Now if he's the only Doctor there I'll come back the next day.

Ulic Qel-Droma 11-27-2008 03:14 PM

tahts why u make an appointment with your family doctor.

twitchyzero 11-29-2008 06:28 PM

even with appointments..i have waited up to 45-one hour sometimes...

i just ditched that and started seeing the doctors at the student health at school..wait time is 5-10min

TRDood 11-29-2008 11:28 PM

most i have waited was 2 hours for my family doctor. she only talked to me for 5 mins!

but you need the doctors, so you have no choice but wait.

Jermyzy 11-30-2008 07:07 PM

Heck, even at my family doctor's office, if i make an appointment, i still have to wait 15-30 minutes!

rslater 11-30-2008 08:46 PM

You people who say your waiting...this is ridiculous. Change doctors already. I've been going to the same family doctor for 20 years and with an appointment i've never really waited. If the appointment is for 3 o'clock, when i get their at 3 he's pretty much ready, or he puts me in a room to wait 5 minutes.

Conan 11-30-2008 09:42 PM

30-40 mins for my family doctor even with an appointment, i've been seeing him for the last 17 years or so. he has a ridiculous amount of patients and a large amount of them are seniors. though the wait time is long, i don't really complain cause i know he's thorough.

Raid3n 12-01-2008 08:01 AM

so when you say "even with appointment" say you have an appointment for 3pm, you show up at 3pm, you don't get into a room till 3:45? i'd be pissed.

or are you guys showing up early expecting to get into a room right away, and then waiting till your actual appointment time before getting a room?

aznrsx1979 12-01-2008 08:54 AM

Usually about 15 mins so its not so bad, and thats after making an appointment. I've been seeing him for over 25 years now so he knows all my family history.

way2quik 12-01-2008 11:28 AM

even with appointment i still wait 20-30 minutes after.
Sometimes 1H, but I think the doctor cut down on patients per day, but still.....

HonestTea 12-03-2008 01:14 AM

just went to my family doctor yesterday, 30minute wait.. =_=;;

Truenosan 12-05-2008 11:46 AM

That happens to me all the time. My appointment would be at say 1:00. I usually don't get in till at least 1:30 at the earliest.

I don't mind waiting, but sometimes, the waiting room just stinks. There was a group of people in there, a family of a mother, another women and a few kids. Lets just say body odor and a lack of deodorant was on the menu for that day...

then the room I went into was the one they had just used.

Argh, my nose was completly violated.

Obsideon 12-09-2008 12:37 PM

Dang I thought it was a normal thing to have to wait at the doctors ... everytime I make an appointment for my family doctor I go in on time and still have to wait at LEAST 20 minutes. Max was about an hour, I stop caring after 30min. That's why I usually bring a book now whenever I go. Sometimes I go in, mark my name that I've arrived then go buy some groceries or something for 10-15min then go back and wait for 5min.

BrendanS 12-09-2008 07:47 PM

I thought our doctor was the only one with 30+minute waits. Does anybody go to Dr. Stephen Ng on Vic and 49th in the same plaza as Church's? I've been going ever since I was a kid and I'm 16 now. I really don't like going because of the waits. But once you get in, it takes about 30minutes to fill in a prescription because he CAN'T stay on topic. But i don't know why were complaining when we have free healthcare...

6793026 12-11-2008 12:48 PM

for those that went to the same doctor for 17 yrs, don't you think it's time to go see a new doctor?
my doctor is getting old and he's just not as good as he's used to.

B-nAnA 01-13-2009 07:34 PM

1/2 hr walk in clinic after making appt before hand