REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 11-20-2014, 03:40 PM   #101
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 1,317 Times in 419 Posts
Meh, I find Timmies coffee pretty crappy, so I drink the stuff at work.

I like my coffee the way I like my Slaves..

Spoiler!
Advertisement

Current:
2001 Honda Odyssey (Toy Hauler/ bad weather DD)
2014 Honda Grom (Toy & Shenanigans)
Kayo MR125 Race Bike (MiniGP Racing)
1971 MG MGB Tourer (Budget Build/pleasure)

Past:
2009 Toyota Corolla CE (Donated to little sister)
2007 Honda Ruckus (Toy)
2007 Husqvarna SM610 SuperMoto (Wheelie Machine)
2001 Honda S2000 (Weekend/Track/AutoX)
Dragon-88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 04:00 PM   #102
In RS I Trust

Thanked 16,830 Times in 3,952 Posts
The Candy Cane hot chocolate from Timmys is sooo good
murd0c is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 04:43 PM   #103
My homepage has been set to RS

Thanked 1,582 Times in 524 Posts
As long as they don't touch my precious Iced Caps then I'm happy.
Old 11-20-2014, 06:35 PM   #104
I bringith the lowerballerith

Thanked 2,669 Times in 358 Posts
medium coffee costs $1.65 this makes giving change so much easier, no more dimes left over and i can just give them $1.75 and not have to wait to get change back
Old 11-20-2014, 08:09 PM   #105
MG1
Fathered more RS members than anybody else. Who's your daddy?

Thanked 8,249 Times in 3,274 Posts
^always a silver lining, eh?
MG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 06:29 PM   #106
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,931 Times in 967 Posts
tim hortons food is crap really.... nothing makes me want to buy it more than once (other than the donuts)

Can someone tell good or unusual dating spots? Or what was your the most unusual date? THanks for sharing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
my bedroom =D
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhillon09 View Post
that's a great secret date spot,
i bet no girl in vancouver has seen it.
Verdasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 08:29 PM   #107

Thanked 7,179 Times in 2,177 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MindBomber View Post
The quality of Tim Horton's coffee and baked goods began declining and prices began steadily rising nearly a decade ago. Today: the quality of McDonald's coffee is better for a comparable price and the quality of Starbucks is on another level for a little higher price. And, Starbucks doesn't strive to give its jobs all to temporary workers, which I appreciate and is apparent in the service. So, I've switched to Starbucks for my morning coffee.
But starbucks has shitty tea, they just throw a tea bag in a cup and serve it to you. It isn't exactly speed friendly, for me to wait for it to steep, pull out the tea bag, then sugar, and creme, etc.

Whereas timmies has steeped tea, which means I can hit the drive through, get an extra large steeped tea (double-double), with a plain bagel (double butter), in about 35 seconds. And be on my way to the office. Best of all its less than $4. Can't beat that...

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-21-2014, 08:58 PM   #108
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 2,577 Times in 920 Posts
Fuck Starbucks and their pretentious customers. That's why I'll never go there for coffee. I'm just fine with timmies because I don't buy it everyday. I'll end up picking up a coffee when I'm out and about on the weekend or something.
Gucci Mane is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-21-2014, 11:26 PM   #109
Rs has made me the man i am today!

I'd take Timmies steeped tea over Starbucks anyday.

So for me, I'm ok with the increase. Its bound to happen sooner or later.
keifun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 12:10 AM   #110
HELP ME PLS!!!

Comparing Tim Horton's to Starbucks is like comparing Sears to Holt Renfrew.
willystyle is offline   Reply With Quote
This post FAILED by:
Old 11-22-2014, 09:41 AM   #111
Say NO to blade grinders!

Thanked 1,019 Times in 462 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight_KB View Post
Fuck Starbucks and their pretentious customers. That's why I'll never go there for coffee. I'm just fine with timmies because I don't buy it everyday. I'll end up picking up a coffee when I'm out and about on the weekend or something.
I think your putting starbucks on a pedestal or something. Its nothing special.

Quote:
Originally Posted by willystyle View Post
Comparing Tim Horton's to Starbucks is like comparing Sears to Holt Renfrew.
Maybe to the Bay at most...
Expresso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 10:25 AM   #112
The Brown Reason

Thanked 5,847 Times in 1,521 Posts
a wild starbucks gold member has emerged
BrRsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 11:58 AM   #113

Thanked 2,018 Times in 458 Posts
i work for starbucks and i don't even drink their coffee lol. i find it too dark even with the blonde roast. i prefer timmies/mcdonalds coffee over theirs.
Alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 12:02 PM   #114

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alby View Post
i work for starbucks and i don't even drink their coffee lol. i find it too dark even with the blonde roast. i prefer timmies/mcdonalds coffee over theirs.
you too? what the hell lol
Old 11-22-2014, 12:03 PM   #115

Thanked 2,018 Times in 458 Posts
same location too
Alby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 08:00 PM   #116

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alby View Post
same location too
Old 11-22-2014, 08:52 PM   #117
Wanna have a threesome?

Thanked 5,052 Times in 1,656 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post
But starbucks has shitty tea, they just throw a tea bag in a cup and serve it to you. It isn't exactly speed friendly, for me to wait for it to steep, pull out the tea bag, then sugar, and creme, etc.

Whereas timmies has steeped tea, which means I can hit the drive through, get an extra large steeped tea (double-double), with a plain bagel (double butter), in about 35 seconds. And be on my way to the office. Best of all its less than $4. Can't beat that...
I do like their steeped tea better than starbucks, i would say its my favourite of their hot drinks.
MindBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 09:03 PM   #118
The Brown Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by MindBomber View Post
The quality of Tim Horton's coffee and baked goods began declining and prices began steadily rising nearly a decade ago. Today: the quality of McDonald's coffee is better for a comparable price and the quality of Starbucks is on another level for a little higher price. And, Starbucks doesn't strive to give its jobs all to temporary workers, which I appreciate and is apparent in the service. So, I've switched to Starbucks for my morning coffee.
IDK about service.

At SFU Starbucks there's a redhead that just looks like she hates her life ... like she went to SFU to hone her writing skills and be the next Hemingway but her degree took too long and her loans ran out so she started working at Starbucks ... and when the book idea didn't pan out, she just stayed.

She has the same 1000-yard stare soldiers have after they come back from war, her face grimaces at every customer like their voice is nails being dragged across a chalkboard. Lord forbid you ask for a large -- she'll be quick to tell you it's a Venti. When Starbucks at SFU was just starting out, they had to be fair trade certified -- it was a big thing apparently because this was the first Starbucks in all of North America to be Fair trade certified. I still remember the look on the girl's face when she asked me if I wanted Fair trade or Regular and I said regular -- as if I had just showed up in some village in Peru with a bamboo stick and started whacking the villagers across the back for not picking beans fast enough. She had the audacity to tell me that they were the same price -- bitch, maybe I just like whacking people with bamboo sticks, and just because I look like a professional penny pincher, doesn't mean I am one.

As I waited for my medium (Grande ... sigh, I conformed) Americano today I watched her. She would roll her eyes when the foreign exchange students didn't know how to pronounce Grande/Venti, looking agitated -- as if their pace was keeping her from some other pressing issue.

Mcdonalds / Tim Hortons in areas with no nearby high schools generally suck though (my theory on vocation and its relationship to cheap Canadian born labor). Where I live, it's mostly young kids who were born here working at fast food -- so it's generally all right. I have ran into some fuck wits while I was on the east coast, though. Goddamn immigrants -- didn't you hear David Suzuki? Country's full -- GTFO.
This post thanked by:
Old 11-22-2014, 09:06 PM   #119

Thanked 7,179 Times in 2,177 Posts
Quote:
IDK about service.

At SFU Starbucks there's a redhead that just looks like she hates her life ... like she went to SFU to hone her writing skills and be the next Hemingway but her degree took too long and her loans ran out so she started working at Starbucks ... and when the book idea didn't pan out, she just stayed.

She has the same 1000-yard stare soldiers have after they come back from war, her face grimaces at every customer like their voice is nails being dragged across a chalkboard. Lord forbid you ask for a large -- she'll be quick to tell you it's a Venti. When Starbucks at SFU was just starting out, they had to be fair trade certified -- it was a big thing apparently because this was the first Starbucks in all of North America to be Fair trade certified. I still remember the look on the girl's face when she asked me if I wanted Fair trade or Regular and I said regular -- as if I had just showed up in some village in Peru with a bamboo stick and started whacking the villagers across the back for not picking beans fast enough. She had the audacity to tell me that they were the same price -- bitch, maybe I just like whacking people with bamboo sticks, and just because I look like a professional haggler, doesn't mean I am one.

As I waited for my medium (Grande ... sigh, I conformed) Americano today I watched her. She would roll her eyes when the foreign exchange students didn't know how to pronounce Grande/Venti, looking agitated -- as if their pace was keeping her from some other pressing issue.

Mcdonalds / Tim Hortons in areas with no nearby high schools generally suck though (my theory on vocation and its relationship to cheap Canadian born labor). Where I live, it's mostly young kids who were born here working at fast food -- so it's generally all right. I have ran into some fuck wits while I was on the east coast, though. Goddamn immigrants -- didn't you hear David Suzuki? Country's full -- GTFO.
Maybe that redhead girl was just disapointed that you just took her place as the next Hemingway.

Barney Fucking Purple FX35
Brianna - 2008 FX35 - Build Thread
meme405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2014, 09:10 PM   #120
The Brown Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by meme405 View Post
Maybe that redhead girl was just disapointed that you just took her place as the next Hemingway.
Alas my ethnic name would not allow me to achieve such status. She looked me up and down, heard the stutter in my voice, saw the raggedy sweatpants, huge backpack, and bags under my eyes and probably thought "Pfft, Sciences kids. Here comes Dr. Patel".
At best I would be another one-hit wonder mass-producing niche crap to sell to kids -- JK Rowling is making bank, though.
This post thanked by:
Old 11-22-2014, 09:14 PM   #121
RS Veteran

Thanked 6,596 Times in 2,598 Posts
Wow, this thread is just full of know-it-all wannabe coffee hipsters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLOW View Post
no one said being a hipster was cheap.
bcrdukes is online now   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 11-22-2014, 09:20 PM   #122
The Brown Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post
Wow, this thread is just full of know-it-all wannabe coffee hipsters.
And here comes their king.

Sold his car to buy a Cimbali.
Old 11-22-2014, 09:32 PM   #123
The Brown Reason

allow me to add some visuals

This post thanked by:
Old 11-23-2014, 12:44 PM   #124
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

Thanked 4,931 Times in 967 Posts
fucking rekt....

Can someone tell good or unusual dating spots? Or what was your the most unusual date? THanks for sharing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.HappySilp View Post
my bedroom =D
Quote:
that's a great secret date spot,
i bet no girl in vancouver has seen it.
Verdasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 01:29 PM   #125
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thanked 1,418 Times in 403 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight_KB View Post
It just depends on where you go, I used to work in DT and you're right so many customers are super pretentious about getting their half-sweet extra hot no foam americano misto with 2% milk and an extra shot with cinnamon....

But when I started working in Richmond I didn't notice any of these types of "pretentious" people. It all depends on area IMO not really the coffee shop. I used to be a Urban Fare barista in Yaletown and you wouldn't believe how many "rich" people tried to get Starbucks-esque drinks for half the price. I like to call it Downtown syndrome lol
Tone Loc is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by: