REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   HealthCare & Wellness (https://www.revscene.net/forums/healthcare-wellness_269/)
-   -   surgery for bigger eyes (where can i go?) (https://www.revscene.net/forums/555308-surgery-bigger-eyes-where-can-i-go.html)

iam_dan 12-01-2008 02:40 AM

surgery for bigger eyes (where can i go?)

where can i go to undergo surgery to enlarge the exposure of my eyeballz?
my eyelids droop, and it makes me look really tired. one of my eyelid is double fold while the other is single. i want to fix it and even it out.

does anyone know of a credible place with good background?
i live in the coquitlam area. id prefer to stay within local ish area, but no big deal if its a little bit of a travel.

SettO10 12-01-2008 06:36 AM

sorry man, can't help it...

http://static.flickr.com/90/244945042_019dcbbf2b.jpg

iam_dan 12-01-2008 06:39 AM

its true. i wont deny it.
i have small asian eyes.

vancouveray 12-01-2008 04:46 PM

I did mine at St. Mount Joseph's Hospital. But you need a referal from an Eye Doctor.
However, I did not get eye lid surgery because I have 'small asian eyes.' It was because one of my eye lids were formed in a way where everytime I would blink, my eyelashes would brush up against my eyes. And that's not a good thing for me in the long run.

So after the eye lid surgery, my doctor told me everything went well and blah blah blah. He also noticed that I had a minor droopey eye, so he 'fixed' that for me, during the surgery.

So yeah. I think you can get it done at pretty much any hospital, as long as you get a referal, and it's for a medical reason. Otherwise, you're going to have to pay some $$$, as it's not covered by BC Medical since it's a cosmetic thing. Well at least to my understanding.

tiger_handheld 12-01-2008 06:59 PM

http://img40.picoodle.com/img/img40/...Lm_70e544e.jpg

!SG 12-01-2008 07:14 PM

all ive heard of is the double fold eye lid surgery.

Girl 12-01-2008 08:38 PM

WOW there are surgeries to make your eyes bigger? Get a brow lift :D

Dr-Vn 12-01-2008 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vancouveray (Post 6150806)
I did mine at St. Mount Joseph's Hospital. But you need a referal from an Eye Doctor.
However, I did not get eye lid surgery because I have 'small asian eyes.' It was because one of my eye lids were formed in a way where everytime I would blink, my eyelashes would brush up against my eyes. And that's not a good thing for me in the long run.

So after the eye lid surgery, my doctor told me everything went well and blah blah blah. He also noticed that I had a minor droopey eye, so he 'fixed' that for me, during the surgery.

So yeah. I think you can get it done at pretty much any hospital, as long as you get a referal, and it's for a medical reason. Otherwise, you're going to have to pay some $$$, as it's not covered by BC Medical since it's a cosmetic thing. Well at least to my understanding.

how much was your surgery?

In my POV, I wouldn't go get a surgery unless I necessarily have to in order to survive. To be frank, they ARE your eyes, something that is pretty vital for survival... For just cosmetic matter, I wouldn't put so much in jeopardy.

iam_dan 12-01-2008 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !SG (Post 6151098)
all ive heard of is the double fold eye lid surgery.

^
just to clear up confusion, this is what i meant.

jing 12-01-2008 09:40 PM

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...dered).svg.png

vancouveray 12-02-2008 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr-Vn (Post 6151323)

In my POV, I wouldn't go get a surgery unless I necessarily have to in order to survive. To be frank, they ARE your eyes, something that is pretty vital for survival... For just cosmetic matter, I wouldn't put so much in jeopardy.

mine was for free, since it's covered by BC Medical.

yeah, I know what you mean, if it weren't for the fact that the eyelashes were brushing against my eye, and the possibility of it affecting my vision later, I would have never got it.

Gumby 12-02-2008 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr-Vn (Post 6151323)

So does that mean you wouldn't get laser-eye surgery then either? :)

!SG 12-02-2008 12:29 PM

double fold eye surgery.

if he got a brow lift, he'd look surprised all the time, and no one would ever take him seriously!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Girl (Post 6151260)
WOW there are surgeries to make your eyes bigger? Get a brow lift :D

keifun 12-02-2008 12:33 PM

I know so many girls go back to Asia to get their double eyelid surgery done there.

Its more popular there, and probably costs less too.

Girl 12-02-2008 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !SG (Post 6152385)
double fold eye surgery.

if he got a brow lift, he'd look surprised all the time, and no one would ever take him seriously!

There's nothing wrong with that! He just needs his mouth open all the time as well now.

My friend got hers done in Vancouver, it cost her $2k? It's like half the price in Asia I hear.

!SG 12-02-2008 03:47 PM

go watch russell peters, ull get what im saying...

i only know a couple of ppl that got the double fold eye lid surgery, and yeah, both are korean.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Girl (Post 6152577)
There's nothing wrong with that! He just needs his mouth open all the time as well now.

My friend got hers done in Vancouver, it cost her $2k? It's like half the price in Asia I hear.

Type-SIR 12-02-2008 09:37 PM

fuck surgery, just smoke some crystal meth or crack your going to get triple folds FTW!

verkion 12-02-2008 10:47 PM

Speak to your Optometrist. From what I was told (and remember), the procedure involves removing a tiny amount of skin which is what creates the fold...not particularly difficult or anything. The concern is that for inexperienced surgeons, if they remove too MUCH skin, the eyelids don't close all the way when you blink, which of course leads to eye irritation. That's just as bad as having the eyelashes scratch the surface...probably worse since, if you wear contact lenses, you'll avoid scratching your cornea. Anyways, that's something to be aware of.

verkion

RunningFree 01-07-2009 05:14 PM

As previously posted, go to Korea or find a Korean cosmetic surgeon.

Tell them you want combo A - eyes and nose job. They may also have freebies like jaw-line shaving.

I got some surgery done and I feel like a brand new woma- ... i mean man.

Leopold Stotch 01-07-2009 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vancouveray (Post 6150806)

Same thing happened to my cousin
except it was slightly different and affected both her eyes.
See a doctor or optometrist.
If they don't agree you'll have to see a plastic surgeon.

Girl 01-12-2009 03:40 AM

Isn't there asian makeup and contacts now that make your pupils super big like Anime styled? Wasn't this featured in an off-topic thread?

yellowpower 01-12-2009 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Girl (Post 6219093)
Isn't there asian makeup and contacts now that make your pupils super big like Anime styled? Wasn't this featured in an off-topic thread?

You cant see this guys pupils so whats the point.

Girl 01-12-2009 08:28 PM

^toothpicks? :)

macatacz 01-13-2009 12:20 AM

hmmm.. weird.. never knew you can get surgery to make your eyes bigger! neat!

m3thods 01-13-2009 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallow (Post 6221001)
hmmm.. weird.. never knew you can get surgery to make your eyes bigger! neat!

read any korean supermarket tabloid magazine- there are tons of ads for it. hence the korean flag reference