REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum


Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.


Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Entertainment Forum

Entertainment Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Entertainment District
Members' movie reviews, Trailers, TV show post-discussions. Warning: Absolutely, do not post links to pirated or illegal download sites!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-22-2009, 02:26 PM   #26
My homepage has been set to RS
 
flawless's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: vancouver
Posts: 2,094
Thanked 116 Times in 34 Posts
Watched it last weekend. Awesome movie!

Freida Pinto is sooso hot!
Advertisement
__________________
Quote:
Originally posted by Red_One
Selling two tickets. Section 102 Row 13. Behind the Canucks net for 1st and 3rd periods. $210 for the pair.
Quote:
Originally posted by phatboyWhat about the 2nd period?
flawless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 06:56 PM   #27
Cant Stop Modding Fat Cars w/ Cheap Pasts!
 
StylinRed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: CELICAland
Posts: 23,046
Thanked 9,234 Times in 3,293 Posts
lots of oscar nominations
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 02:35 AM   #28
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Van
Posts: 30
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
my favorite movie of the year
rev4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 02:38 PM   #29
The RS Freebie guru
 
InvisibleSoul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: East Vancouver
Posts: 22,029
Thanked 2,489 Times in 859 Posts
Salim is bad-ass.
InvisibleSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 05:36 PM   #30
GO FLAMES GO
 
Tegra_Devil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Kamloops
Posts: 4,293
Thanked 2,051 Times in 610 Posts
wow....just watched this....amazing movie. 9/10




but seriously?!?!?....why, with the bollywood dance at the end.....just roll the credits instead...would have given it 10/10 if the bollywood dance wouldnt have been in there....after ending on a powerful note, the dancing made me take this movie less seriously...
__________________
2013 Toyota Tundra CrewMax TRD Offroad *CURRENT*
2005 Nissan Xterra SE *SOLD*
1991 Toyota Hilux Surf SSR-X Widebody *SOLD*
2001 Acura Integra Type-R *SOLD*
Club-Integra.net OG
Your Friendly Neighborhood Firefighter
Tegra_Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 05:42 PM   #31
2010 RS Top Food Critic Winner
 
K-Dub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 5,410
Thanked 694 Times in 233 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tegra_devil View Post
wow....just watched this....amazing movie. 9/10




but seriously?!?!?....why, with the bollywood dance at the end.....just roll the credits instead...would have given it 10/10 if the bollywood dance wouldnt have been in there....after ending on a powerful note, the dancing made me take this movie less seriously...
Even though it's hollywood, I liked that they integrated something typically bollywood in it.
K-Dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 11:10 PM   #32
ah_some
 
ah_cat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: North Siiiiiide
Posts: 9,429
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
^ exactly.

I thought it was a good idea to include that part in the end.

9/10.
__________________
www.pientertainment.com:
Embassy Fridays @ Pop Opera
Live Saturdays @ Gossip


CoLoRs member #19 [The Enforcer, you maggots!]
RSB #6



ah_cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 08:15 PM   #33
My homepage has been set to RS
 
Good_KarMa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: VANCOUVER
Posts: 2,180
Thanked 53 Times in 27 Posts
GREATEST MOVIE EVAR!
Good_KarMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 12:18 AM   #34
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS
 
Underdawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Van-City!
Posts: 516
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Watched it last night with my friend. (Dragged her into it)
I loved it, but she didnt like it that much. (and she is brown)
I think its is time time to ditch her (fuck off, stupid bitch!)
__________________

Follow me on Twitter!@Da_Underdawg

Quote:
Sky.J:
im paying half of the car and Ive had enough talking with white trash and chinks
cya lata fuckers

ienhz:
You talk like you're actually better than any of them, ya zerg rushing faggot.
Underdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 08:22 PM   #35
I is Romanian
 
avinayyar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Vansterdam
Posts: 1,756
Thanked 868 Times in 228 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdawg View Post
Watched it last night with my friend. (Dragged her into it)
I loved it, but she didnt like it that much. (and she is brown)
I think its is time time to ditch her (fuck off, stupid bitch!)
Do It!
avinayyar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 10:48 PM   #36
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!
 
LanEvoMR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 910
Thanked 47 Times in 11 Posts
awesome movie
LanEvoMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 11:40 PM   #37
Need my Daily Fix of RS
 
whtazn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: -250-
Posts: 274
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
when i bite the bullet, i want it to be in a bathtub full of dirty-ass moneys.

salim ftw
__________________
99' ek / write-off
03' oz rally / SOLD
02' rsx-s
whtazn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 01:08 AM   #38
Raping Captured Dolphins since 2002 on EZ board days
 
RFlush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 6,242
Thanked 655 Times in 189 Posts
Just watched it. Wow amazing and moving movie.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by asian_XL View Post
apparently, freedom of speech does not exist on RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphamale View Post
I give a lot of people rim jobs.
My Feedback
RFlush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 03:38 AM   #39
Cant Stop Modding Fat Cars w/ Cheap Pasts!
 
StylinRed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: CELICAland
Posts: 23,046
Thanked 9,234 Times in 3,293 Posts
yeah that ending part totally ruined the feel of the movie, but i get it and it was cool in its own right

guess BritishWood (lol) had to give a nod


Danny Boyle (director) seemd like a reallly cool guy when he was being interviewed on the red carpet
he brought along ppl from the slums who worked on the movie to the Oscars too (even though their part in the film was almost nil) and said it was to recognize that everyone from the cast/crew are equal in importance
StylinRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 10:07 PM   #40
I bringith the lowerballerith
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 1,101
Thanked 101 Times in 59 Posts
Just caught the movie after all the Oscar awards and hypes.

10/10 - probably one of the most see feel good movies of the year.

Just gotta say everything was well done and beyond.
__________________
ATTACK
sh0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 10:21 PM   #41
God of Unce
 
Armind's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: ASOT
Posts: 7,768
Thanked 167 Times in 43 Posts
10/10 - A lot more better than I have expected it to be.
__________________
UNCE! UNCE! UNCE! UNCE! UNCE! UNCE! UNCE! UNCE! UNCE!
Armind is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 12:10 PM   #42
My homepage has been set to RS
 
RayBot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Richmond
Posts: 2,424
Thanked 95 Times in 65 Posts
On a sidenote...

....a lot of people are NOT watching Slumdog Millionaire because they read the premise and synopsis online which doubted a lot of people's interest in the movie, or though the premise was cheesy. In short, reads:

"A young boy who grows up in the slums of Mumbai goes on the Indian version of the Millionaire gameshow in order for a girl he knew from his childhood would recognize him on television."

The premise that they publish on movie schedules and stuff like that is pretty weak...but its the best premise that can be given because anything more would give away the main themes of the movie.

So if you're one of the many that lost interest because of the premise (just like my wife), ignore it....the movie is WAY beyond it.
RayBot is offline   Reply With Quote
This post thanked by:
Old 02-28-2009, 09:00 AM   #43
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS
 
quasi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Cloverdale
Posts: 10,231
Thanked 2,279 Times in 827 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayBot View Post
On a sidenote...

....a lot of people are NOT watching Slumdog Millionaire because they read the premise and synopsis online which doubted a lot of people's interest in the movie, or though the premise was cheesy. In short, reads:

"A young boy who grows up in the slums of Mumbai goes on the Indian version of the Millionaire gameshow in order for a girl he knew from his childhood would recognize him on television."

The premise that they publish on movie schedules and stuff like that is pretty weak...but its the best premise that can be given because anything more would give away the main themes of the movie.

So if you're one of the many that lost interest because of the premise (just like my wife), ignore it....the movie is WAY beyond it.
I totally agree. I put off watching this movie for months because I didn't think it sounded very interesting even though it was getting great reviews. I enjoyed the movie a lot.
__________________



“The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place... and I donīt care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently, if you let it. You, me or nobody, is gonna hit as hard as life. But ain't about how hard you hit... It's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward... how much you can take, and keep moving forward. Thatīs how winning is done. Now, if you know what you worth, go out and get what you worth.” - Rocky Balboa
quasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 10:59 PM   #44
rebuild you say?
 
Not really racist!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 11,150
Thanked 3,532 Times in 1,172 Posts
i walked into a random theatre not knowing what movie was on.....

turned out to be slumdog..

enjoyed it anyways
__________________

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)
   >  ヽ
   /   へ\
   /  / \\
   レ ノ   ヽ_つ ayyy lmao
  / /
  / /|
 ( (ヽ
 | |、\
 | 丿 \ ⌒)
 | |  ) /
`ノ )  Lノ
Not really racist! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 11:10 AM   #45
W2K
HELP ME PLS!!!
 
W2K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 5,552
Thanked 63 Times in 26 Posts
I wasn't planning on watching the movie until I heard about all Oscars the movie won. Saw it on Friday and the theatre was pretty full.

Great movie. Enjoyed it.
W2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 01:11 AM   #46
Ye olde moderator
 
orgasm_donor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Vancouvwhore
Posts: 13,132
Thanked 1,276 Times in 389 Posts
Saw it with my girlfriend. Great movie has just about everything to entertain and make you think.

Not a great advertisement if you want to vacation in the slums of Mumbai though.
__________________
Revscene ADMIN elite

Formerly from SoundsGood
orgasm_donor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 11:26 AM   #47
My homepage has been set to RS
 
RayBot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Richmond
Posts: 2,424
Thanked 95 Times in 65 Posts
Oh my gosh.....my wife didn't like it.....that disappointed me.
RayBot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 07:31 PM   #48
Retired moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Online
Posts: 4,438
Thanked 139 Times in 70 Posts
Went to see this movie, the theater was quite packed, full of seniors and quadriplegics, I think we were the youngest people at the movie. The little boy is soooooooo cute, love the toilet seen.

I can see why some people might not like it, but I thoroughly enjoyed the movie and its soundtrack.

9/10
__________________
I.... think I'm a girl...? :eek:


girl@revscene.net

girlはラップダンスをしたことがありません
Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 07:38 PM   #49
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: White Rock
Posts: 48
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Damn good movie, too bad there is far too much reality in their way of life and the challenges they face on a daily basis.
deviant1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 04:55 PM   #50
Revscene.net has a homepage?!
 
woozzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: bby
Posts: 1,287
Thanked 33 Times in 16 Posts
how can anyone not like the Jai Ho part?
woozzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Revscene.net cannot be held accountable for the actions of its members nor does the opinions of the members represent that of Revscene.net