REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Fashion & Shopping

Fashion & Shopping Blackmarkers. A Filtered Selection of Clothing, Footwear and Accessories.
Gotta stay fresh! Latest fashion trends, new clothing lines, mega sales events, and awesome deals..

Old 03-13-2009, 01:30 PM   #51
I subscribe to Revscene

Thanked 1,228 Times in 171 Posts
check post #44 in this thread
Advertisement
Powerslide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 08:53 AM   #52
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

Just take your Boss suits to Oakridge Tailors, they've been doing the Harry Rosen + Hugo Boss alterations at Oakridge for a while and have always done a good job with my Boss suits.

If I can remember correctly it was between 30-50 depending on how much I needed done (from just having pants hemmed + taken in/out to having jacket taken in as well and pants slimmed down)
Old 03-26-2009, 04:46 PM   #53
I bringith the lowerballerith

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrdukes View Post
Just my opinion here but I find that the people of Vancouver have no desire nor care enough to support a good bespoke/MTM tailor here.

We all dress too casually. Where in this city can you find an establishment that requires a proper dress code at least for men, a sport jacket, dress pants and shoes? I went for a NYE dinner at Kettle of Fish and beside my table were a group of Yahooligans dressed as if they were in a rap video. WTF is that? But hey, it's okay because we're West Coast and we're chill here. Yeah. Okay. Go to Toronto, Los Angeles, or any major global city and try to pull that off. I think not.

Nobody here is educated enough to dress properly and knows how to dress right. I'm not going to brag here but I'm just going to say it how I see it. I bought an off-the-rack Paul Smith Byard 2-piece suit at Holt Renfrew in time for my cousin's wedding in Los Angeles. Showed up thinking, "Man, I'm going to look like a fool!" I was wrong. Turns out I stole all the glory from the groom himself and the rest of the wedding party. When you know how to dress properly or if you put enough time and effort into dressing up, all the little bit of detail and effort will not go unnoticed. Unfortunately, people here don't care enough hence why there aren't many good to mind-blowing tailors in this city. They've packed up shop and left or there were none to begin with.

Just my 2 cents.
Try living in Ottawa. Everyone dresses like hobos
Mrtemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2009, 12:48 PM   #54
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,463 Times in 1,127 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrtemp View Post
Try living in Ottawa. Everyone dresses like hobos
At least Ottawa is a government town where people do dress up for work. Also, there is a bit of the Quebecois influence. When I worked there, people did tend to dress up a bit more, but then again, I worked in a government office.
Tapioca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 11:39 PM   #55
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Thanked 1,941 Times in 765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerslide View Post
price point was reasonable
all my alterations came in at around $100
that included re-working the shoulders, sides, cuffs, arms, and vent on the jacket, and tapering the pants.

they're at 5534 Cambie
604 325 0545 give them a call
how much was it actually? i went there today, and to redo the jacket (vents & a central line, as it was way too big) $55
for the trousers, to adjust the waist & seat (butt) + taper $45, so $100 all in

service thus far has been very good, i have a lot more confidence that it'll be done right, at this point, we'll see when i pick it up in 2 weeks (i won't be available until then)
4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 11:17 AM   #56
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Quote:
i'll recommend the same people as before
take your boss gear there and they'll be able to do it for sure.
if you dont have a great feeling about alberts in the first place, and you are already considering going somewhere else, then go somewhere else
BUMP !
Does the oakridge place only tailor boss/rosen ?

I have a mexx suit, but I need the jacket to be shorten a bit

how much would that cost ?

thankyou
wuuhoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 11:46 AM   #57
I subscribe to Revscene

theyll tailor anything
Old 05-31-2009, 01:01 PM   #58
I *Fwap* *Fwap* *Fwap* to RS

Quote:
theyll tailor anything
You know how long they take ?
I jsut want to shorten my jacket. Nothing too hard to do.
wuuhoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 09:19 AM   #59
I subscribe to Revscene

turnaround would probably be about a week. you'll have to ask them
Old 06-09-2009, 08:32 AM   #60
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

Thanked 2,463 Times in 1,127 Posts
My experience at Oakridge Tailors was pretty good. My uncle graciously donated to me two of his old quality blazers (a Prada and a Gucci) and though they fit okay, I decided to spend some money and get them altered. I got the sleeves shortened on both (to the point where a cuff link will show) and I had the sides taken in also. The Gucci one was a little more trouble as my shoulders are somewhat asymmetrical (they added a shoulder pad to one.) They of course couldn't replicate the original stitching (the guy even commented on the quality of the stitching as he was putting the pins in), but the finished product ended being pretty decent.

It took me two weeks to get two jackets altered. The total damage was a shade over $200 (sleeves and sides.)
Tapioca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 11:35 AM   #61
My homepage has been set to RS

Quote:
price point was reasonable
all my alterations came in at around $100
that included re-working the shoulders, sides, cuffs, arms, and vent on the jacket, and tapering the pants.

they're at 5534 Cambie
604 325 0545 give them a call
wow i just called them and they charge $50 for the side and $35 for cuff. i guess they raised the price
03c0upe is offline   Reply With Quote