REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Entertainment Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/entertainment-forum_27/)
-   -   Seven Pounds (https://www.revscene.net/forums/555443-seven-pounds.html)

Aetios 12-02-2008 05:02 AM

Seven Pounds

[YOUTUBE]ewFUTmrubIw[/YOUTUBE]

Ben (Will Smith) is an IRS agent who sets out on an extraordinary journey to make amends for a tragedy in his past. In the course of doing so he meets seven strangers including Emily (Rosario Dawson) and inadvertently falls in love with her, thereby complicating his plans. Woody Harrelson plays a blind pianist who befriends Ben. Also starring Michael Ealy and Barry Pepper. -IMDb

Looks like an interesting watch.

6793026 12-02-2008 12:17 PM

saw the previews. it's more dark and an interesting movie for Will Smith. i hope this will turn out good. I haven't seen hancok yet but i surely hope it'sgood.

muteki 12-02-2008 12:22 PM

Yeah, I saw the preview before James Bond. Looks interesting =P

AzNightmare 12-02-2008 03:01 PM

Hancock wasn't that great of a movie. But I watched it on my computer. So it was enjoyable still. This movie looks like a drama like Pursuit of Happiness. Smith's an awesome actor, I'm sure this movie is gonna be a very deep, but good movie. If you like those kind of movies.

fetched 12-17-2008 02:03 AM

I just saw this movie's screener.
Great movie, regret not going to the theater and watching it with my gf.
One of the best this year, save the best for last eh?

hotjoint 12-17-2008 06:37 AM

looks interesting

6793026 12-17-2008 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fetched (Post 6178223)
I just saw this movie's screener.
Great movie, regret not going to the theater and watching it with my gf.
One of the best this year, save the best for last eh?

really? that good. to date, i still have not a fucken clue what it is about. 'change a fewpeoplr / circumstances?'
the other good one i will most likely watch is the something something benjamin button by brad putt

shenmecar 12-17-2008 01:18 PM

the director from pursuit of happyness did this movie as well. Pursuit of happyness was a good movie, i hope this one will be just as good! Hancock was not that great of a movie, my favourite Will Smith movie gotta be I Am Legend

411ken 12-18-2008 12:02 PM

^ I liked Pursuit of happyness alot but then again, that's a true story.. Is this the same? either way, I'm sure i'll catch this somehow.

winson604 12-18-2008 01:51 PM

FYI another update on this movie. The dvd screener is out, quality and sound are good. No back and white screens or timers, just the occasional "for your consideration" message that pops up. Movie looks decent.

ienhz 12-19-2008 01:00 PM

Movie was average. Everything about this movie seemed overdone, predictable, and phony. Every scene feels like it's "overshot", the only thing the story keeps you wondering about is what the point of all this is, the pacing is terrible, you can pretty much figure out the entire plot a quarter or halfway through, and the movie just feels like it tries too hard to be what it isn't. The story doesn't really work at all and I think it might have worked better as a pure romantic movie.

I enjoyed it for what it was (a bittersweet movie for the holidays) but ultimately, it's completely forgettable.

welfare 12-19-2008 11:38 PM

pretty decent movie...for a will smith

fetched 12-20-2008 12:57 AM

You really have to go into this movie without knowing shit to fully appreciate the movie.
I only watched the confusing trailer before watching the screener of 7 pounds, and didn't actually know the whole story until the end. To me, any hollywood movie is pretty predictable, ie. good guy always wins. screenplay for this movie is superb, the ending was perfect.

Jermyzy 12-21-2008 07:36 PM

I was watching the trailer on Youtube, and somebody posted a spoiler for the movie...hopefully it isn't true and he was just messing with us! :p

jimzilla 12-21-2008 07:50 PM

I just watched it tonight with my gf, we didnt know what to expect as I havent seen any trailers or anything before so throughout the movie I was confused as hell on wtf this got to do with 7 pounds, then when the movie finished it all made sense.

Movie was......different, not something I would want to own but would probably watch it again online

ienhz 12-21-2008 08:00 PM

the movie did make me want a pet jellyfish though lol

Xplicit_EL 12-21-2008 08:02 PM

very good movie imo..... Like ppl have said , you should watch the movie without expectations and not knowing much to get the full effect of the movie. Im glad to see Will smith doing more serious /sentimental roles these days (ie: this movie & pursuit of happiness)

Grandmaster TSE 12-22-2008 12:52 AM

yeah, some of it can be predictable
but overall i thought it was a great movie

hi-revs 12-22-2008 01:52 AM

defiantly a movie to watch in the theatres.....
if i were to rent it or download it, i would probably shut it off 20mins into the movie.
pretty good though once its further into the movie.

xclone2002 12-22-2008 05:06 AM

i fell asleep watching this horseshit. imo, this is the worst movie i've watched this year. will smith's performance was good, but the horrible script just drowns him out.

definitely not worth the money to watch it in a theatre.

MarkyMark 12-22-2008 04:22 PM

It was ok, too predictable I knew what was going to happen and you didn't really have to think to hard about it either, I was hoping for something more out of the ending but I guess it is what it is.

Ch28 12-22-2008 07:04 PM

Watched it today and I thought it was a great movie.

will068 12-23-2008 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xclone2002 (Post 6186142)
i fell asleep watching this horseshit. imo, this is the worst movie i've watched this year. will smith's performance was good, but the horrible script just drowns him out.

definitely not worth the money to watch it in a theatre.

:werd:.. but the movie made my gf tear up...

Iceman_2K 12-24-2008 07:07 AM

great movie - Will Smith is pretty good with this kind of role.

twitchyzero 12-25-2008 07:48 PM

cant decide between this movie and yesman, and benjamin button