REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > The Business and Financial Forum

The Business and Financial Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Revscene Wall Street.
Consolidating debt? Good business tips? Buying stock? How's our economy doing? Discuss and share advice and tools on everyday banking, investing, wealth management and insurance.

Old 12-03-2008, 03:40 PM   #1
HELP ME PLS!!!

how the market works

Once upon a time in a village in India , a man announced to the villagers that he would buy monkeys for $10.
The villagers seeing there were many monkeys around, went out to the forest and started catching them.
The man bought thousands at $10, but, as the supply started to diminish, the villagers stopped their efforts.
The man further announced that he would now buy at $20.
This renewed the efforts of the villagers and they started catching monkeys again.

Soon the supply diminished even further and people started going back to their farms. The offer rate increased to $25 and the supply of monkeys became so little that it was an effort to even see a monkey, let alone catch it!

The man now announced that he would buy monkeys at $50! However, since he had to go to the city on some business, his assistant would now act as buyer, on his behalf.

In the absence of the man, the assistant told the villagers: ' Look at all these monkeys in the big cage that the man has collected. I will sell them to you at $35 and when he returns from the city, you can sell them back to him for $50.'
The villagers squeezed together their savings and bought all the monkeys.

Then they never saw the man or his assistant again, only monkeys everywhere!

Welcome to WALL STREET.
Advertisement
johny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 04:19 PM   #2
Orgasm Donor & Alatar owned my ass twice!

Are you trying to say Indians are stupid? Because that's just racist, and racism isn't tolerated on Revscene.
misteranswer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 06:25 PM   #3
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 7,382 Times in 3,464 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by misteranswer View Post
Are you trying to say Indians are stupid? Because that's just racist, and racism isn't tolerated on Revscene.

Indians are smart. An Indian bought monkeys for $10, $20, $25 and sold them back for $35.

Relax it's just a story you could replace Indian with Chinese, African, or European.
Old 01-16-2009, 10:20 PM   #4
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 2,116 Times in 382 Posts
haha
i see

$$$$$ is good
StaxBundlez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 10:37 PM   #5
MiX iT Up!

Thanked 2,066 Times in 865 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic! View Post
Indians are smart. An Indian bought monkeys for $10, $20, $25 and sold them back for $35.

Relax it's just a story you could replace Indian with Chinese, African, or European.

i think you got it wrong. indians are dumb - or indian villagers are dumb[in this context].

they sold monkey foor $10 , and they bought back the same money for $35 - thereby losing $25 ...

Sometimes we tend to be in despair when the person we love leaves us, but the truth is, it's not our loss, but theirs, for they left the only person who couldn't give up on them.

Make the effort and take the risk..

"Do what you feel in your heart to be right- for you'll be criticized anyway. You'll be damned if you do, and damned if you don't." - Eleanor Roosevelt
tiger_handheld is offline   Reply With Quote