REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Fashion & Shopping (https://www.revscene.net/forums/fashion-shopping_34/)
-   -   Underground? (https://www.revscene.net/forums/557987-underground.html)

dhawes 12-22-2008 09:47 PM

Underground?

what you guys think of this store? im hearing rumours of fakes??

bbbj 12-23-2008 10:29 AM

I've bought a couple jackets from there before and they're not fake. It's all little kids that work there tho. I fucking hate how the stores don't hang up their shirts and fold them for you to see. It's annoying to have to pickup every shirt to see what it looks like.

yuusha 12-23-2008 11:58 AM

^ I hate little kids who have to pick up every fucking t-shirt in order to see how it looks like, and then just leave the mess there. Hanging doesn't change things, people still take the shirts off the hangers, hang them in the wrong section or leave them lying around.

yellowpower 12-23-2008 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by min.tee (Post 6188326)
^ I hate little kids who have to pick up every fucking t-shirt in order to see how it looks like, and then just leave the mess there. Hanging doesn't change things, people still take the shirts off the hangers, hang them in the wrong section or leave them lying around.

you must work there dont you

Moratorium 12-23-2008 01:12 PM

^ WTF how else are people supposed to look at the t-shirts then? Obviously people who want to buy tees want to know what design is on it / how it looks. It's the STORES job to re-fold the tees and put them back their respective pile(s) why would the customers be the ones folding and putting the tees back in order.

Hanging helps in my opinion. Take El Kartel on robson, theres never a mess when i go shop around there. Why? because all their shit is on hangers, people jus slide the tees down to check out the designs yeah theres the occasional douche that takes them off and messes shit up but the mess is small as opposed to the gigantic pile that accumulates in the stores that fold their tees and stack them up.

EDIT: Yeah i was thinking that, min.tee must work or has worked in retail.

yayabonks 12-23-2008 02:23 PM

Quote:

it's not just little kids. it's customers. and yeah if you work there and want to keep getting that paycheck, you better hope people are in the store messing it up and giving you something to do. otherwise, find a new line of work

ienhz 12-23-2008 05:16 PM

Quote:

you must not understand what retail jobs involve.

will068 12-23-2008 05:50 PM

Quote:

:haha::haha:

That's what the sales associates get paid for - fold.

Splmash 12-23-2008 06:41 PM

The people who work there know nothing about the merchandise. They give me bull shit info on the jeans and I just correct them. Their reply "oh, that was last season. It's [insert wrong info] this season." I lol'd.

In_MODeration 12-27-2008 12:52 PM

^cut them some slack. underground is like another lattitude/vireo/below the belt/mantique type of store aka the mcdonalds of semi high-end retail.. i bet you more than half of the people working there are still in high school.

Nvasion 12-27-2008 01:43 PM

lol if you hate your job then quit. noone is forcing you to stay.... now fold the damn clothing!

ps. how much is the discount?

HotWheelz 01-10-2009 02:12 PM

I judge stores by their customer service, been through that store a few times and have never received a word from the sales associate.

jnesss 01-11-2009 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HotWheelz (Post 6216228)
I judge stores by their customer service, been through that store a few times and have never received a word from the sales associate.

you'd love mantique then - their sales associates don't leave customers alone.

Nvasion 01-11-2009 10:46 PM

fuck mantique... that guy is so annoying...

bbbj 01-11-2009 10:51 PM

mantique clothes are ugly.

azndvdiz 01-15-2009 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nvasion (Post 6218704)
fuck mantique... that guy is so annoying...

+1 HAHA He loves to ride cock i bet :thumbsup:

Nvasion 01-15-2009 06:42 PM

he keeps telling me he drives a 335i and im like yeah those are nice then i see his keys hang out of his pocket(because its the fly thing to do) i see civic keys.. lol

he tells me how everyone is wearing rock jeans( me and him are wearing it) and hes like i just want to wear stuff that arnt played out.. im like why dont you shop at mantique then? then he shut up lol and said your funny "bro"

spagheddie 01-15-2009 08:48 PM

i do think their jeans are a little overpriced, but other then that excellent customer service.

keifun 01-18-2009 03:20 AM

^ thats what I thought too when I first stepped into that store.

Im not sure if $400 for a pair of jeans is the norm. but yeah..I just quickly walked out afterwards, cuz its definately not the kind of place I can afford to shop at right now.

fetched 01-18-2009 05:11 AM

It looks good from the outside, but once you step in, the jackets look like crap, the shirts/jeans are priced, and does customer service even exist in that store? Out of 4-5 times i went in that store to check out if they have any new stuff, never once did i see people paying at the till.

rocksforsale 01-20-2009 09:19 PM

Underground clothing is good style
to me its the best store in metro but the prices could be overpriced on some things

yuusha 01-21-2009 03:15 AM

^ Says the guy with the name rocksforsale. XD

Anyways no guys I didn't work at Underground, I did work at Latitude. I suppose it's true, we were there to fold.

86er 01-26-2009 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bbbj (Post 6218715)
mantique clothes are ugly.

Yes.. the guys stuff at mantique is pretty bad. It has gone down over the past few yrs.

death_blossom 01-30-2009 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 86er (Post 6245655)
Yes.. the guys stuff at mantique is pretty bad. It has gone down over the past few yrs.

I agree. They used to have nice stuff, but everytime I go in there it's like blegh.

Anyhow, I discovered UNDERGROUND just this week after wandering around metrotown this week. I was quite impressed with the store's layout, selection, and staff. The staff was pretty helpful, and they did the standard greeting. Nice of them to have a good collection of Diesel stuff, since most stores usally only have a handful of random stuff by Diesel.

iam_dan 01-31-2009 02:00 AM

it was nice seeing that they had some men's WR jeans though.
not many places around here carry them