REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events

Vancouver Off-Topic / Current Events The off-topic forum for Vancouver, funnies, non-auto centered discussions, WORK SAFE. While the rules are more relaxed here, there are still rules. Please refer to sticky thread in this forum.

Old 12-29-2008, 05:57 PM   #1
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Garage tiles / flooring

What do you guys think of garage tiles / flooring such as http://www.costco.ca/Browse/Productg...=1&topnav=&s=1 ? It comes in tiles so you can make whatever you want out of the tiles.
Advertisement
MegaMx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 06:04 PM   #2
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

see no point in it... maybe to save some money for house resale? no clue

It's like when you want to relax after work, and instead of having 1 beer with your girlfriend on a patio, you chug a 40oz of Everclear and strap yourself to the wing of an F-22 Raptor about to take off.
http://www.revscene.net/forums/showthread.php?t=560682 - My Feedback
RSXmiloRSx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 06:29 PM   #3
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 3,186 Times in 929 Posts
ehh, it's gonna get dirty anyways
JSALES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 07:24 PM   #4
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Thanked 1,276 Times in 308 Posts
Costco sells large garage mats as well, I have 4 in my garage. I prefer these over individual tiles because the mats are easier to pull out and clean.
I find they look nice and are super easy to clean if you spill oil/fluids. They're dirty now due to the melting snow off the cars. I'll just pull them out during the spring and give it a wash.

A pic of the garage w/ the mats.

Last edited by IMASA; 12-29-2008 at 07:29 PM.
IMASA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 07:25 PM   #5
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Looks pretty trick, but I wonder how well the stuff seals against itself. Like will spills seep between the tiles and create some bad stench you can't get rid of? I like the idea of epoxy coating the floor instead, and by doing that you get more colour choices.
Old 12-31-2008, 08:39 AM   #6
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
Traffic Master Allure makes a sealing tile that I have used extensively in a building I'm renovating. The stuff I've been using is made to look like laminate flooring but given that there is no wood, its good for moisture prone areas.

The reason I mention it is they make a garage flooring in the black diamond plate. This stuff wears like iron. I used it in my own kitchen as I wanted an "industrial" look.

The only problem is its rather expensive at $2 per square foot.

You could also build it into mats if you wanted to.

Available at Home Depot.
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 02:04 PM   #7
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gridlock View Post
Traffic Master Allure makes a sealing tile that I have used extensively in a building I'm renovating. The stuff I've been using is made to look like laminate flooring but given that there is no wood, its good for moisture prone areas.

The reason I mention it is they make a garage flooring in the black diamond plate. This stuff wears like iron. I used it in my own kitchen as I wanted an "industrial" look.

The only problem is its rather expensive at $2 per square foot.

You could also build it into mats if you wanted to.

Available at Home Depot.
$2 per foot isn't too bad really. The wood floor in my house was closer to $16/ foot.
Old 01-01-2009, 02:08 PM   #8
Willing to sell a family member for a few minutes on RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMASA View Post
Costco sells large garage mats as well, I have 4 in my garage. I prefer these over individual tiles because the mats are easier to pull out and clean.
I find they look nice and are super easy to clean if you spill oil/fluids. They're dirty now due to the melting snow off the cars. I'll just pull them out during the spring and give it a wash.

looks pretty nice
hotjoint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 08:40 PM   #9
Banned By Establishment

Thanked 2,982 Times in 1,135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black SC2 View Post
$2 per foot isn't too bad really. The wood floor in my house was closer to $16/ foot.
I did the kitchen for $100 all in, of course doing the install myself. Considering its a rental, I thought it wasn't too bad.

I would think it would add up in a double garage, and installing the tiles would be more time consuming than something that comes in a larger size.
Gridlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 09:03 PM   #10
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

Thanked 2,253 Times in 626 Posts
if it was me, id try to water proof the whole garage from say 4ft high all the way to the foots, making it 1 big wet room. that way i could hose the whole garage down. ive always wanted to do that one of these days when im rich and can build my own house. all bathrooms would be wet rooms, so u can just hose the room down to clean it =D

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors
JP Cellular Repair | Ebisu on Robson | Wings Restaurant Pub & Grill Burnaby | Overseas Auto | BlitzGear Inc | HID Outlet | Sounds Good Auto Service | Racing Greed | The Speed Syndicate | N-Motion Auto | Performance One |

If you are interested in advertising on Revscene.net, email me at Advertisement@revscene.net for further details.
!SG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 09:08 PM   #11
10psi aint enough...

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMASA View Post
I will say it now...

I am truly jealous of your garage!

HondaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote