REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   Bismark Collision Facility has added a couple BMW 3 Series to fleet of Courtesy Cars (https://www.revscene.net/forums/558704-bismark-collision-facility-has-added-couple-bmw-3-series-fleet-courtesy-cars.html)

BismarkCollision 12-30-2008 08:48 AM

Bismark Collision Facility has added a couple BMW 3 Series to fleet of Courtesy Cars

As the Title states, we are proud to let everyone know that we have added a couple BMW 3 Series to our fleet of courtesy cars.

We are an Express qualified repair facility and have our own Mobile Glass truck to take care of your Glass related needs as well.

Our Fleet of Cars
Acura TSX
BMW 3 Series
Honda Civic
Suburu Impreza
Volkswagen Jetta

If there are any ICBC related questions, please don't hesitate to call us. We will do what we can to make your life easier.

To better serve you, please look for Stanford
1-888-300-ICBC

LilSp00nY 12-30-2008 08:57 AM

Bismark? BISMARK??

The Bismark KNOWN FOR RIPPING PPL OFF?
stop fooling and tricking people with that ferrari and riced out bimmers
YOUR WORK IS AWFUL.

wow... I don't know what guts you have to venture onto RevScene

AVOID THEM AT ALL COST. THEIR WORK IS CRAP. THEY WILL RIP YOU OFF BAD.

.Renn.Sport 12-30-2008 09:32 AM

LilSp00nY = Spoonwork = irobotz = SFUDropOut?

KO7 12-30-2008 09:34 AM

Do you give courtesy cars dependent on the type of car that is dropped off for service? ie., they drop off a civic, you're not gonna give them a BMW etc.

LilSp00nY 12-30-2008 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by .Renn.Sport (Post 6198146)
LilSp00nY = Spoonwork = irobotz = SFUDropOut?

Bismark is a bunch of crooks. Avoid dealing with them at all cost.
I have heard many ppl complain about the crap they had to put with Bismark

their workmanship is garbage

Presto 12-30-2008 09:45 AM

^^^^

I don't think anyone cares what you have to say, since we all know you're a liar, and a thief.

BismarkCollision 12-30-2008 09:53 AM

The courtesy cars are given out based on availability. If you would like a specific car, we have no problem schedualing you accordingly no matter the vehicle you drive.
However, because we care about the cleaniness of our vehicles, we have a serious "no smoking" policy in our courtesy cars. In general, everyone with an ICBC claim has equal opportunity with any of the vehicles.

BismarkCollision 12-30-2008 09:58 AM

In response to Lilspoony. We are serious about customer service and understand that customer service and workmanship is two compenents to a successful business. If you or someone around you has a specific problem with our service or work, please bring it to our attention and I will personally attend the situation to make sure there are no misunderstandings.

Eff-1 12-30-2008 10:40 AM

I've heard nothing but good things about Bismark. I'd definitely consider bringing my car to them should the need arise.

toyota86 12-30-2008 10:50 AM

word of caution. i cannot comment on the quality of work these guys do as i was denied the opportunity but i can comment on their customer service. a friend recommended me to try these guys out. i had a legitimate all expenses paid for by the other party icbc claim and they refused to repair simply because they dont like it and doesnt fit with their stuck up expensive car "image". i was going to have them respray the lip and other parts of the car that had a few rock chips out of my own pocket too. but man they were stuck up and they gave me attitude about it too. my mid 90's car was not rusty nor was it poorly maintained. it was low mileage stock japanese sports car that never had an accident prior to this one. it wasn't anything fancy nor special rare item neither. it was stock. i called ahead to make sure they werent busy before i went too. they simply shrugged me off when i got there. so i guess what im trying to say is that unless you have a newer or brand new benz, bmw, audi or expensive euro, they probably won't take you in. in response to an above post, dont think they would even take in your civic let alone give you a bmw courtesy car for it.

unit 12-30-2008 10:59 AM

^i brought my 7 yr old toyota they were glad to do my claim, and did a great job.

Leopold Stotch 12-30-2008 11:15 AM

My experience at Bismark i'd call satisfactory.
Firstly i had an ICBC claim at which the other party was at fault.
I wanted to bring it to my Uncle's shop but he was far too busy. HE doesn't work on Ferrari's but he's done all of my family's bodywork and i think he does a very good job.

Bismark did accept my car though, i mean it was a icbc claim right?
I knew a friend of theirs and they said they'd hook me up, i had some scuff marks and asked if they could do something about it. and one of the reps said they'd sand it down.

It ended up totalling to about $4500 of damages so it did take some time, they told me iirc it'd take 6 or so weeks. They also helped me get a courtesy car from a car rental company, they wouldn't loan me one of their cars, the rep said, "Hey now you got a nicer car then the one you have!" My car might not be a E46 M3, but i don't think i deserve to be told a rental car is better than mine.

In the end, he didn't sand down the scuff marks that he'd said he would do, also didn't fix some of the damage ICBC told them to do( i'm not going to bother calling icbc or bringing it back to them since it was an license plate imprint that i can barely notice now) and took 2 weeks longer than they said they would. Although the paint job was excellent, my trunk though doesn't line up with the bumper or vice versa anymore. I think just cause my car wasn't a very "nice" car they didn't bother doing a "nice" job.

Would i take to Bismark again? No I wouldn't, i'm obviously not their clientele and I don't want to be told by someone fixing/working on my car that the 2004 Nissan Sentra rental car is superior to my mid 90's Nissan.

Skyliner 12-30-2008 01:46 PM

AKautoworks have BMW 3series as courtesy cars a while ago...

!Yaminashi 12-30-2008 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cakeTech (Post 6198302)
The rep said, "Hey now you got a nicer car then the one you have!"

Wow, I find this to be unbelievably downright rude.
Especially coming from a shop that prides themselves with good customer service..

MERXUS 12-30-2008 02:50 PM

Bismark is ok if it comes down to customer service...
they do cater to high end cars-> dont be suprised-we need shops that cater to hi-end clientelle.

just as jewelery stores ;shamin jewelers caters to low(er) income people as tiffanys to ... well i hope you get my drift...

all the best to Bismark fix your customer service pride and you are good to go

my only suggestion is to put up nicer fence by your "f-16 Hangar" =S

BismarkCollision 12-30-2008 03:35 PM

Yes, the fence is what we are looking to do in the coming year, either that or the front garage door. Thank you, and Happy New Years to all.

impactY 12-30-2008 04:11 PM

^^ i woudlnt say tiffany is a high end jewelry store..

sexyaccord 12-30-2008 05:39 PM

I would bring it to AK autoworks, got no problems the last time i bought my 8 yr old accord there. Front of my front lip was cracked from a collision, sanded down, filled out the cracks on the sides of my my front lip too without me asking.

TRDood 12-30-2008 06:29 PM

if they can't fix a low end car properly.. how the hell will people trust them with a "high end" car? and 6 weeks worth of labour CakeTech? these people must have built you another car!

i always go back to grandcity on main.. they fix my car in 3 days ($1700 fender/bumper/headlight job) , and i'd give them a 8/10

Leopold Stotch 12-30-2008 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Draft (Post 6198513)
Wow, I find this to be unbelievably downright rude.
Especially coming from a shop that prides themselves with good customer service..

Yea i was pretty offended, but w/e they have a high end clientelle i wouldn't have felt insulted if they had turned down my claim, whatever i'd find someone else who wants my business.
Quote:

Originally Posted by TRDood (Post 6198855)
if they can't fix a low end car properly.. how the hell will people trust them with a "high end" car? and 6 weeks worth of labour CakeTech? these people must have built you another car!

i always go back to grandcity on main.. they fix my car in 3 days ($1700 fender/bumper/headlight job) , and i'd give them a 8/10

i got rear ended, the frame was pushed in and they had to pull it. as well as they had to repaint the bumper, rear quarter. pass door and either knock out the bumper or replace it with a new one i can't remember, but yea it took a while. although i don't' think they took particularly long, just they shouldn't have quoted me for a certain time and take 50% longer.

To be honest, the more i think about the incident the more i remember, I was quoted 4 weeks for the car to get fixed and it took 6 weeks. so it wasn't like it took 2 months to fix the car.

tiger_handheld 12-30-2008 07:47 PM

This is a bit off/on topic; it's interesting to see bismark reply to lispoony(who had no specific evidence of bad customer service) but people with specific details - they do not respond. given they take pride in customer satisfaction ; replying to genuine concerns scare me a bit.

that is what i saw from the couple of posts above- no need go all nazi on me now!

MERXUS 12-30-2008 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by impactY (Post 6198687)
^^ i woudlnt say tiffany is a high end jewelry store..

really? what would you say Tiffanys is? Tiffanys is located in all Major Metropolitan cities including dinky Vancouver--yeah i get it its not the biggest Hi-end Jewelery store but its up there man.

Harvey Specter 12-30-2008 08:59 PM

All body shop shops have horror stories or pissed off customers. I haven't dealt with Bismarck but one of my friends need some minor work done (installing a front lip spoiler on his Charger) this past summer and he was quoted a very fair price and said the owner was very friendly.

asian_XL 12-30-2008 09:15 PM

so true...I am not satisfied with all richmond body shops I have dealt with...either their
customer service sucks or craftmanship is really bad. Just stick with whatever has good
reputation (like richcity or penny auto or craftman)

hk20000 12-30-2008 11:35 PM

chime in: Got a 1994 Mercedes Benz repair under ICBC at Bismark. I left it there and went for a holiday, come back and this is what I gotta say: Did you guys even know what masking tape means? Why is there overspray all over the trunk? What the hell is with the orange peel!? Do you not know what wet sanding means?

no way I'm gonna let them touch my car ever again. Sold the car soon after coz I can't stand it.