REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Island Off-Topic (https://www.revscene.net/forums/island-off-topic_147/)
-   -   No go no tow = WTF (https://www.revscene.net/forums/559235-no-go-no-tow-%3D-wtf.html)

rental_metard 01-04-2009 01:33 PM

No go no tow = WTF

What's the deal with these guys? A friend of mine got booted while parked in an arcade near noodle box on government. She came back 20 mins later and there was this boot on her car. Why didn't they just ticket her? She saysshe doesn't have any out standing parking tickets. She says she had to call the number on the boot, they showed up in an in marked car and charged her 75$. So you think she has out standing tickets and some how doesn't know. You know how girls are. Or is this company a big piece of shit?? Lexi do you know anything about these guys?

jigga250 01-04-2009 02:07 PM

arcade = parking garage?

on their website it says its for "repeat parking offenders"....seems like whoever the garage is has contracted out so they dont have to deal with ticketing?

http://www.nogonotow.com/services.htm

rental_metard 01-04-2009 02:36 PM

Ya arcade = parking garage. 75$ ticket instead of a 20$ one, that's all types of outrageous

Renthal 01-04-2009 03:15 PM

angle grinder now kept in my truck.... check

OffroadZuki 01-04-2009 04:19 PM

Something tells me your friend may have forgotten about a few tickets...

GregM 01-04-2009 07:09 PM

robins or private?

Oil Burner 01-05-2009 02:06 AM

Most likely robins I know that they have been booting cars for about a year now. Just like getting towed from uvic or a robins lot it takes a bunch of unpaid tickets to get towed or booted, my guess is that of everyone else in that she didnt pay/know about the tickets. Robins is usually pretty good about keeping track of what is and isin't paid for. If I was her I would go down to robins (corner of fort and cook) and talk to them about it.

Eastwood 01-05-2009 08:23 AM

Robbins does that now. My friend and I went to Pho on Fort about 1 month ago, and when we came back outside he had a boot on his car with no previous tickets.

metal 01-05-2009 03:03 PM

Friend almost got towed from our work lot (Robbins) a year ago, even with a valid pass, but they couldn't because his car was too low lol.

Decepticons 01-05-2009 07:09 PM

no its not robbins parking, its a u park lot, and now they give you a boot if you dont buy a ticket, my friend got one 3 weeks ago, he was pissed, and the guy was right there was we walked out and he still put it on and he had to pay the 75 to get it taken off before he could leave, and they record your plate # and what your vehicle is so they know if you cut it off, and he had no outstanding tickets. pretty much junk fest if you ask me

metal 01-05-2009 10:21 PM

Cut it off and get new plates, cheaper than the $75 haha.

Fleemer 01-05-2009 11:19 PM

metal is correct :P

Gigarange 01-06-2009 07:09 AM

U-park = Robbins

There's only 2 parking companies in town, Robbins and the City.
Robbins lots (regardless of name) = yellow signage
City lots = blue signage.

outstanding tickets = tow
having not paid for your parking at all (ie runnin in "real quick") = boot

and I wouldn't suggest cutting it off and getting new plates, there will still be a record of those plates having been registered to you at some point and them boots aren't cheap to replace, and criminal charges can be laid for doing that (ie destruction of property, if you don't leave it there theft under $5000, vandalism etc etc)

Victoria SiR 01-06-2009 07:37 AM

How about buy a fucking ticket.

rental_metard 01-06-2009 11:00 AM

So your saying if I don't buy a ticket because I'm running in to get my noodle box and leave they will boot me, at a cost of 75$. But if I buy a pass and it expires they will only give you a 15$ ticket? I hope there is signage warning people about that, because that is fucking harsh!!

Fleemer 01-06-2009 01:10 PM

technically since its their property they can do whatever they want when you park on it :)

Although if they (robins) doesn't own the property, then the owner needs to allow them to use the boot etc. (usually Robbins is really good about law stuff like that, because say they boot your car and the owner of the property didn't ok it, and he boot damages your car or if there is no signage and you sue then you'd win :) )

But then again, robins is good with that because that show they make ridiculous amounts of money.

In reality, they make more money then some real estate since if you think about it (camosun parking lot)

Parking for a week for 1 car is like 15-20$

times like 500 for the all the cars that are there

10,000$ a month in revenue form people just using the space to go to school.

Wow, that's tuition for me in a year.

I suspect they make ridiculous amount of money and have no real overhead other then payroll and their stupid machines since most parking lots they just patrol and don't maintain.

Furthermore, i don't know what the % of cut is that the owner gets, but it has to be alteast 1/4

so camosun must make at least 2500+ a month for students just to park there.

I'm bitter

and refuse to take the bus :P

Luckily my friend's uncle lives next door to camosun so i'l just be parking their, up yours robins.

Great68 01-06-2009 01:28 PM

Fuck Robbins.

I'm still pissed off about that ticket they gave me at the Ferry terminal long term lot, when I HAD paid for my parking.

And when I went in to dispute it, they tried to make it sound as if I was in the wrong. They told me I must have parked in the short term lot, but they would cancel the ticket "This time". It couldn't POSSIBLY have been an error in their system. :rolleyes:

Well guess what,

#1: The short term lot stall numbers are completely different
#2: You can't even BUY a short term ticket by stall number, you only pay by time and put the receipt on your dash.

:2finger:

OffroadZuki 01-06-2009 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fleemer (Post 6209110)
technically since its their property they can do whatever they want when you park on it :)

uhhh...no they can't. They can't torch it. They can't break into it and take your stereo...etc.

Plus, I HATE the way you're throwing around random numbers you just made up as you went along haha

OffroadZuki 01-06-2009 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fleemer (Post 6209110)

uhhh...no they can't. They can't torch it. They can't break into it and take your stereo...etc.

Plus, I HATE the way you're throwing around random numbers you just made up as you went along haha

projectcivic 01-06-2009 02:30 PM

I HATE how you double posted :D

OffroadZuki 01-06-2009 03:12 PM

haha...well I HATE how lame our work Internet has been today...I double posted 'cuz it said it didn't go through the first time... :D

ness_71 01-06-2009 03:19 PM

In orientation they tell you that the money spent for parking goes to Camosun. The money from tickets is what goes to robbins, which would explain why they can be such vultures about it.

Seriously, buy parking or take the bus.

Gigarange 01-06-2009 03:58 PM

Robbins only actually owns 2 lots out of all the ones they have signage up at.
The lot behind there building at Fort/Cook and another one that they lease by Pacific Mazda.

The rest of them they just manage.

Your a little off on your numbers, I can't remember the exact figures, but each lot is different on how the priceing works, it all depends on the contract that the owner sets up with Robbins for managment of the property.

Places like Camosun, Robbins is not responsible for the maintenance of the lot itself, only parking enforcment and the meters.

Contracts range from the owner receiveing all reciept sales and ticket revenue and only paying a flat monthly fee to Robbins, all the way to something as complicated as percentages of both receipt sales and ticket revenue going to Robbins once a certain revenue has been reached for the month on top of the monthly fee.

Regardless of what the pricing structure is for a particular lot, the patrollers are trained to do there job the same no matter what lot it is. Most if not all the patrollers have no knowledge of what setup each lot has for revenue and get paid the same regardless of what lots they patrol.
The only exception to that is the hospital as there is as many rules JUST for the 9 hospital lots as there is for the entire rest of the 60+ lots in the system. (I wrote the training manuals for both)

And Adam thats exactly what I'm saying, although the vilations last time I checked were more like $50 then $15.

The boot guy is a contractor to Robbins, but he can not boot on his own, he must be called by the Robbins patroller to come and boot a car first.

igeemctwist 02-24-2009 02:26 PM

I recently got a ticket from Robbins, 61$!!!!!!!

I paid for my stub, I have the Visa recipt for $4.00 paid for 2 hours, I went into the museum to watch a Imax, I come out 50 mins later and im on my way. Last week I get a letter saying this is your final notice. WTF??? I go into the building to dispute it because I did pay for my stub. Then they show me photos of my car, and only half the dash in the photo.

I said: That doesnt prove shit, wheres the photo of the other side of the dash?
She says: Well the pictures proves it wasnt on the drivers side
I said: Yah, so it was placed on the passengers side dash, now wheres that picture
She says: Well we dont have it...

Dispute form goes in, today I get a email back :

"As was offered to you on the phone, we can still reduce the amount owing to $30 within 7 days of this email, as this is the amount you would have needed to pay originally had you received the violation on your car. We have determined that this is a valid violation and are not able to cancel it for you for providing a receipt after the fact."

What makes it valid? Not having a ticket on the drivers side? And having it on the passenger side, but no photo to prove it was/wasnt there?

So I call back....

And it turns out "technically" they dont even have to take pictures.
( But according to the women I spoke with in person at the Robbins building, its there new policy to take pictures )

So now I am super pissed off. And to top it off, she says there are people that audit the ticketers:rolleyes:. Basicly people hand out tickets to cars, then more people come around to check that the tickets issued in the first place are valid............

FUCK ROBBINS..... I paid the $30, and told them I was going to try and take it to small claims to get my $30 back haha:p

Amaru 02-24-2009 07:05 PM

igeemctwist.... forgive me if I'm playing devil's advocate here, but doesn't it say on the back of the ticket that it must be displayed face-up on the driver's side of the vehicle dash?