REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Entertainment Forum

Entertainment Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Entertainment District
Members' movie reviews, Trailers, TV show post-discussions. Warning: Absolutely, do not post links to pirated or illegal download sites!

Old 05-13-2009, 10:59 PM   #76
Where's my RS Christmas Lobster?!

Thought this season was one of the better ones. Only one more to go!!!
Advertisement
westcoastgsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 08:06 AM   #77
rsx
Lomac owned my ass at least once

Thanked 3,463 Times in 820 Posts
i wonder how they're going to wrap this one up..
last season in 2010 right?
rsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 08:55 AM   #78
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Yes we are approaching the last season. Only 17 episodes left.

That was a crazy finale. My brother's theory proved correct as it was revealed last night in regards to the mysteries of the island.
Old 05-14-2009, 11:00 AM   #79
rsx

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuff99 View Post
Yes we are approaching the last season. Only 17 episodes left.

That was a crazy finale. My brother's theory proved correct as it was revealed last night in regards to the mysteries of the island.
What were some of the mysteries revealed? It didnt' seem like they revealed anything at all, they just revealed why certain characters are invested in the island, but they didn't reveal any other important details.

Still lots of holes to fill, imo.
Old 05-14-2009, 11:29 AM   #80
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe

Jacob!!!!

We found out who Jacob is... but we dont know who his "buddy" was and why he was trying to find a "loop hole" to kill him.

We saw the full statue and it was Taweret, the Egyptian Goddess of fertility.

Jacob has been killed... and now "they are coming", whatever that means.

We found out that the real John Locke is dead so who is the guy leading the "others". It is Jacob's "buddy" right?

Juliette is dead or will she come back? She successfully detonated the H bomb. Does the bomb counter the incident or is it the cause of the incident.

Time travel in Lost is screwing with my mind... damn it I cant wait for season 6.

I thought that the ending was pretty good, for the first time in a while I actually felt like I was watching Lost again. For a bit with all the time travel and Egyptian elements I grew frustrated and lost interested a bit, no pun intended. My only knock for the ending is that it wasnt as big a cliff hanger like when Walt was taken at the end of season 1 or when Jack asked Kate to go back at the end of season 3.
skholla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 11:44 AM   #81
rsx

Right, but who IS Jacob and why does he exert control over the island?

The fake-John Locke is Jacob's friend? (As per the loophole reference in the first scene and the last)?

And who are the new folks?

What is the monster?

How did the Dharma/Others originally get to the island?

Is the Island just an electromagnetically super-charged piece of land?
Old 05-14-2009, 11:51 AM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsx View Post
What were some of the mysteries revealed? It didnt' seem like they revealed anything at all, they just revealed why certain characters are invested in the island, but they didn't reveal any other important details.

Still lots of holes to fill, imo.
Spoiler!
Old 05-14-2009, 11:56 AM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsx View Post
Right, but who IS Jacob and why does he exert control over the island?

The fake-John Locke is Jacob's friend? (As per the loophole reference in the first scene and the last)?

And who are the new folks?

What is the monster?

How did the Dharma/Others originally get to the island?

Is the Island just an electromagnetically super-charged piece of land?
I don't mean to sound harsh but you are thick.
Old 05-14-2009, 12:03 PM   #84

nice spoiler
Old 05-14-2009, 12:47 PM   #85
I only answer to my username, my real name is Irrelevant!

Thanked 10,381 Times in 3,907 Posts
Juliet is so hot, she's filming another show (the new V series) so i guess she won't be back or maybe she's filming another show inbetween Lost

I thought they were going to make jacob a being from the Christian bible and his "loophole" friend someone from there as well (i guess they still can) but with the references to egyptian beings i guess they might be egyptian gods? and the "loophole" character is going to be someone who was trapped from entering earth until he found his current form? i'm guesing maybe Osiris since he's the life, death and rebirth deity but ???
StylinRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 01:23 PM   #86
rsx

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuff99 View Post
I don't mean to sound harsh but you are thick.
nope, no offence taken. Thanks for info.

I clued in on some of the biblical references (such as, "you'd think he was Moses" quote), but ...ack, we'll see how the final season goes.

Last edited by rsx; 05-14-2009 at 01:25 PM. Reason: etc.
Old 05-14-2009, 01:33 PM   #87
rsx

Goddamn it, I just reread the convo between Jacob and Esau, that pretty much sums up everything...
Old 05-14-2009, 09:58 PM   #88
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts
My brain is ready to explode after watching the finale
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 10:31 PM   #89
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 9,821 Times in 3,902 Posts
LIVE TOGETHER, DIE ALONEE

ok so Last week's episode (epsiode 15)

Locke went to the drug plane and told Richard to tell the 3-year-ago Locke what to do.

BUT I THOUGHT, Richard + Lock + Ben in that scene was in present day? It made no sense. And all characters were either 30 years ago, or present day. So why was that scene specifically 3 years ago (when their plane crashed?) and the fact that richard is the same age in different times throws things off for me.

And there's some references to few seasons back..ack cant remember em all!

brb..gonna read up on some lostpedia
twitchyzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 10:41 PM   #90

all this time i thought jacob was jack's dad..dammit
Old 05-14-2009, 11:08 PM   #91

Quote:
Originally Posted by twitchyzero View Post
LIVE TOGETHER, DIE ALONEE

ok so Last week's episode (epsiode 15)

Locke went to the drug plane and told Richard to tell the 3-year-ago Locke what to do.

BUT I THOUGHT, Richard + Lock + Ben in that scene was in present day? It made no sense. And all characters were either 30 years ago, or present day. So why was that scene specifically 3 years ago (when their plane crashed?) and the fact that richard is the same age in different times throws things off for me.

And there's some references to few seasons back..ack cant remember em all!

brb..gonna read up on some lostpedia

that scene did take place in "present day" which is in 2007 for Lost. the other group of survivors were still in 1977. the reason why the wounded version of Locke was even there in 2007 is because he was bouncing through time like everyone else after Ben flipped the wheel, sometimes forward, sometimes backward. so at that time the wounded Locke was only 3 years in his future as he was originally from 2004.

dont worry about richard he doesnt age just like jacob. what is interesting and also a mind twister is that present day locke is really dead, the person that we see as present day Locke is really someone or something totally different.
Old 05-14-2009, 11:25 PM   #92

ok, yeah i forgot when the wheel was turned locke was in the future for a while.

So did they ever clarify that what the survivors change in the 1977 will affect the present day? (where Ben and Sun are right now) ie the recruitment photo..and richard telling sun that Jack n' the gang are all dead?

I also hope mysteries from earlier seasons will be Clarified:

polar bears, what happened to claire, magical healing, why ben had tumor, sterility, who Libby really was(sp), that guy that tried to convince Hurley to leave his institution many times.

Also, I think all the assumptions people are drawing about the smoker's monster is still premature. Because i clearly remember in Season 1, jack found his dad's coffin in the middle of the forest, but his body wasn't inside. So i think people dismissing Christian as the smokey could be off.
Old 05-15-2009, 08:12 AM   #93

the 1977 and 2007 timelines are being shown to us at the same time, we have not had the chance to see how Jack and them will affect the future... with the H bomb going off that will change things and Jacob probably wont be dead anymore. what do you think? does that mean that 815 will land safely in LA? is so the theme of season 6 is destiny calls, will the island/destiny still bring them to the island?

polar bears where brought to the island by the dharma initiative, they liked testing on them, they did the same in tunisia. claire is dead, how is still a mystery. magic healing happens because the island is special or because jacob is healing people. ben go sick because ben sucked, lol. the fertility problem is still a big one, keep in mind that the statue looks like Taweret, goddess of fertility, maybe when the statue fell something happened. i think that Libby's character isnt a big deal and the producers wanted to make a side story with here but with her starting a new production it wasnt possible. Abbadon was the one who visited both Locke and Hurley in the hospital, he worked for Charles Widmore and was trying to win over Hurley just as he did Locke.

im not too sure about Smokey being totally bad as Ben did summon on a few occasions, mind u he never really stuck around for the show until it was time for him to be judged. at that time Alex appeared, was it Smokey or someone else? like stuff99 said it makes sense that Jacobs rival is posing as dead people to make them do his bidding, when Alena got to the cabin with her team she said that Jacob had not been there is a while, someone else had... Christian & Claire, or is it Jacob's rival posing as the dead again?

here's another theory just like the above, watch out it may be a SPOLER for some...
http://scienceblogs.com/framing-scie..._god_the_o.php
Old 05-15-2009, 08:41 AM   #94
i like gifs

Thanked 7,785 Times in 2,695 Posts

It all makes sense now
Ch28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 10:04 AM   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by skholla View Post

Abbadon was the one who visited both Locke and Hurley in the hospital, he worked for Charles Widmore and was trying to win over Hurley just as he did Locke.
Oh not the black guy working for Widmore. He was some bald guy white guy in robes. He was the one that appeared on the isiland and told Hurley to jump into the ocean and before the crash, he liked to lure Hurley with food convincing Hurley to escape the institution with him. I think they explained that he was just a part of Hurley's conscience or a dead ghost..but i dont remember which one it is.

Oh and, why did Widmore and Faraday's mom send Faraday back to the island. Didnt they know he was gonna get killed?
Old 05-15-2009, 10:36 AM   #96

was that hurley's friend dave? http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Dave...iend)/Theories

i dont think that widmore had too much to do with daniel's upbringing. elouise is a destiny nut so she probably thought that the island was calling him and he had to save the island, maybe the island is more important than her own sons life.

if not that it could be because what we are seeing happen in 1977 is the first time that these events have occurred, the first time that the 815 survivors have experienced these events.
Old 05-15-2009, 01:09 PM   #97

Quote:
Libby, who was revealed to be in the same institution as Hurley, tells Desmond she had a husband named David.
interesting. too bad it seems as if the show wont explain this side story.