REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Entertainment Forum

Entertainment Forum THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Entertainment District
Members' movie reviews, Trailers, TV show post-discussions. Warning: Absolutely, do not post links to pirated or illegal download sites!

Old 01-14-2009, 07:11 AM   #26
I WANT MY 10 YEARS BACK FROM RS.net!

Thanked 12,136 Times in 3,361 Posts
Ricer movies are like the new horror flicks... guys that are into that type of movie will watch just about anything that's thrown at them, whether it's any good or not.
Advertisement
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrietta View Post
Not a sebberry post goes by where I don't frown and think to myself "so..?"
Soundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 09:09 AM   #27
!SG
OWNER/C.F.O./MONEYMAN

Thanked 2,253 Times in 626 Posts
just admit it, most of u guys, including me will go watch this movie when it comes out.

its not about quality, its about cult classic. its just like shawshank, army of darkness, big trouble in little china, are one of the most commonly played dvd's in my collection.

weather u go to laugh at the acting, check out the nice cars, check out the rice cars, or the women of the movie, ull probably go see it.

i for one say they should bring back ja rule, we need to hear the background story of how he could have had "Monica." Im sure some writter can stretch that one line into a 90min movie!

Ebisu VIP #001
Revscene.net Vendors
JP Cellular Repair | Ebisu on Robson | Wings Restaurant Pub & Grill Burnaby | Overseas Auto | BlitzGear Inc | HID Outlet | Sounds Good Auto Service | Racing Greed | The Speed Syndicate | N-Motion Auto | Performance One |

If you are interested in advertising on Revscene.net, email me at Advertisement@revscene.net for further details.
!SG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 09:28 AM   #28
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundy View Post
Ricer movies are like the new horror flicks... guys that are into that type of movie will watch just about anything that's thrown at them, whether it's any good or not.
I guess it depend on your view of what “new horror” is, and what a “ricer” movie is. I’m not even sure how you would apply that term to a movie. It’s either a bad movie or a good movie. I guess if you cant remove yourself from the “reality” of it, and just be entertained for an hour and half, then no movie would really be good for you other than documentaries.

F&F 1 and 3 were great movies, for the entertainment value, nothing else. Again, if you are looking for realism, watch documentary’s like “Slingshot” which can be entertaining, but in a different way. Just like if you are looking for GOOD horror, “classic” horror films were terrible (excluding the first Halloween movie and some select others). However, they were very entertaining. “New” Horror (Event horizon, The strangers, The orphanage, the Ring 1 not 2) are much better at instilling a sense of “dread” in the watcher, but may not be as entertaining as some of the older films. Unless we want to talk about slasher films, which are a different deal all together.

I actually went to school for film, so I can be an arrogant bastard about my movie choices.

In the end, it really just depends on what you’re looking for I think. If you’re willing to shut your brain off for a while, they can be great films. If you can’t do that, then they are definitely not for you.
91civicZC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 11:06 AM   #29
ESKETIT

Thanked 9,646 Times in 2,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by !SG View Post
just admit it, most of u guys, including me will go watch this movie when it comes out.

its not about quality, its about cult classic. its just like shawshank, army of darkness, big trouble in little china, are one of the most commonly played dvd's in my collection.

weather u go to laugh at the acting, check out the nice cars, check out the rice cars, or the women of the movie, ull probably go see it.

i for one say they should bring back ja rule, we need to hear the background story of how he could have had "Monica." Im sure some writter can stretch that one line into a 90min movie!

it will be like the sidestory fast and furious 5 movie - ja and monica

Last edited by Vansterdam; 01-14-2009 at 11:06 AM.
Vansterdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 09:22 PM   #30
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

yay a rally scene
cecilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 10:02 PM   #31
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

I get to live my life a quarter mile at a time again.
sonum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 10:28 PM   #32
The RS Freebie guru

Thanked 2,491 Times in 860 Posts
[youtube]hly01Qqqskw[/youtube]
InvisibleSoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 10:35 PM   #33
manage the cap you say????

Thanked 3,613 Times in 1,181 Posts
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSRC2...eature=related

\\ ______
  \(ಠ益ಠ)