REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Old 01-07-2009, 01:41 PM   #1
I subscribe to Revscene

Stolen Canadian Citizenship ID and Carecard.

So, I had this party at my friend's house for NYE and etc. At the end, I found out that my Canadian Citizenship ID and Carecard was missing from my wallet along with my money. Money not important, only $100+. But important thing are the ID's. I was just wondering what kind of measures and what procedures I should follow to get the back, or report them lost.

Thanks, Clement.
Advertisement

New Greater Vancouver BMW Forums..

GV///Bimmers
elkayem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 05:08 PM   #2
The "You'd Know" Moderator

Call the police non-emergency line and report the incident. Grab the GO# off the officer on the line.

Then go on the government websites to see how you can proceed to get new IDs. I hope your Canadian passport isn't expiring anytime soon, because it takes well over a year to get a Citizenship ID back. You should never carry it around unless you are travelling.

Ezekiel 25:17. The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you.

Last edited by impactX; 01-07-2009 at 05:09 PM.
impactX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 12:01 AM   #3
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

Thanked 4,079 Times in 295 Posts
Yeah it takes a long time to get a new Citizenship card, hopefully the person who stole the cards will just throw them in a mail box. If they dont, well that person will most likely try to steal your identity and and start making fraud credit cards with your name and use your ID.

I believe you have to surrender your Citizenship card when you apply for a passport.

Last edited by socialenemy69; 01-08-2009 at 12:02 AM.
socialenemy69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 03:02 AM   #4
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by socialenemy69 View Post
I believe you have to surrender your Citizenship card when you apply for a passport.
No you don't.
Old 01-08-2009, 05:27 PM   #5
Banned By Establishment

report everything. Be worried about ID theft
racerman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 06:11 PM   #6
Not a mod

I lost a wallet about 15 years ago only to have a cop call me up 2 weeks ago telling me that someone found it and turned it in. Since I was a kid back then I only had my birth certificate and SIN card in the wallet. Even though it was recovered the cop told me to make sure that no one did anything shady with my IDs. I called Equifax and another place but they were very little help.

I wish you luck recovering your IDs - it can be a scary thought with all the shit that ppl can do with them. Identity fraud can be hell. As everyone else is saying: report it to the police asap.
SoulCrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 07:31 PM   #7
My AFC gave me an ABS CEL code of LOL while at WOT!

Thanked 1,426 Times in 482 Posts
report it to police and go to the place where you apply for your passport and apply for another citizenship id, takes forever to send it to you! my dad lost his and it took them like almost a year to send the new citizenship card.
Fafine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 02:23 AM   #8
I subscribe to Revscene

http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/l...s/wallet.shtml

I found this on the Government website.
I don't see Canadian Citizenship ID.
Was wondering if it was considered as Certificate? Or Is it SIN card?

GV///Bimmers
Old 01-09-2009, 04:31 AM   #9
The "You'd Know" Moderator

Citizenship Certificate.

Ezekiel 25:17. The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness. For he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon you.
impactX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 03:54 PM   #10
I subscribe to Revscene

Thanks for all the info, ImpactX.
Appreciate it.

Clement.

GV///Bimmers