REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Vacations and World Travel

Vacations and World Travel Visiting our beautiful city? Come stay at the Arbutus Vista - Vancouver's Bed & Breakfast.
How was your trip? Which tour packages would you recommend/avoid? Must do's and must eats? Share tips, photos and experiences with other senior RS members who just want to get away..

Old 01-07-2009, 06:57 PM   #1
Tech Team Mod

New York

I am going to New Jersey soon and was thinking of going to New York as well since I haven't been there.

What is the easiest and reasonable cost wise to get from New Jersey to New York?
What are some decent hotels to stay at in New York? I'm just going to be there for about 3 days so I want to see the Statue of Liberty, Wall Street, Ground Zero, Central park etc.

For those who have been there, what else can you recommend?

I'll be there the first week of April, what is the weather like around then?
Advertisement
Rated B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 01:51 PM   #2
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Thanked 2,344 Times in 972 Posts
use the search button man, tons of NY posts.

1) see when u go to liberty, u might get free tickets.
2) wall street is just a street, take pics. *click and done....
3) see which guests are great, conan o'brien was awesome. i was sitting front roll.
4) ground zero is desent. place of silence and.. just.. shocking. take a few pics. *click. and u go
5) central park is a park. walk from the shoping district and ... that's abotu it
6) MOMA and the other million museums... are great if u're into it.
6793026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 03:43 PM   #3
I don't get it

Compare the prices of the hotels in New York with the Hilton at the Penn Station.

If the Hilton is a lot cheaper, go for that. It's right beside the train station so you can take the train to NY. It's about a 10 min ride and $4 each way.
Old 01-09-2009, 08:26 AM   #4
PNF
I bringith the lowerballerith

NJ is pretty big.. and where in NJ?

If ur within 45 min drive.. then just drive and no need to stay in the NY hotel, which will cost you.

You can take ferries to liberty island from NJ as well.

If you drive, there are a lot of motels/hotels (holiday Inn, Red Roof, Motel 6, etc) on Route 1/9, which is between Holland Tunnel and Lincoln Tunnel.. They are about 10 minutes INTO NYC, with decent traffic. It is $8 toll one way into NYC, but if you have more than 3 people in the car, you can go to the "pay cash" station and pay $1 toll fee. (I am not too sure if you need to sign up for this, but give it a try anyway), I know I can get $1 with 3+ people in the car, but thats because I am local with NJ EZ-Pass.

You can also check out the Hotels at Newport NJ as well, as PATH train is right beside the Mariott New Port, and it is $4 to get into the NYC major stations.

Where All Lusts began....

08' AW E92 335i a few mods.....

01' SBM IS300 - Stock. Still running strong after 9+ years and 235k+ kms!!!
PNF is offline   Reply With Quote