REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > HealthCare & Wellness

HealthCare & Wellness Breaking the Chains of Addiction. The Last Door Recovery Society
Mature discussion surrounding important health issues and concerns. Alternative therapies, healthcare questions, discussion of community resources, peer support help, group therapy, etc.

Old 01-08-2009, 10:15 PM   #26
This title intentionally left blank MOD

Forgot to mention, brother had PRK, gf had Lasik. gf sees minimal starbursts, brother has zero night vision issues. Both are now 20/15 vision as well.

Yay for natural 20/10 vision.

I don't have an anger problem. I have an idiot problem.
Alatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 03:49 PM   #27
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

I had Lasik done quite a few years back. I didn't have the option of wearing contacts due to my astigmatism being quite high. Long story short, I did my research and Dr. Lin (Pacific Eye Center I think its called) came up as the best from various sources. Yeah there are cheaper places but its my eyes, I'm not gonna cheap out. Its not like something you can replace. Anyways, I love it! Changed the way I live my life, play sports, etc. Highly recommend it.
hEllraZr1208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 04:04 PM   #28
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noizz View Post
Has anyone heard of Corneal Refractive Therapy? I've been on it since 2001 in highschool, my friend actually told me about it. . Basically its like braces for your eyes. i actually have 20/15 vision now. its alot cheaper too i think 400-500$ depending how severe your eyesight is.

Theres no cutting, you basically put on a pair of hard contacts at night when you sleep, sleep with them on, take them off in the morning. do that everyday. when you wear them long enough, you can do it every other day. However that depends on how you sleep. if you sleep face down like me then without the contacts your cornea will just get flattened again and you're back at square one. I wear mine every night, the occasional night i forget to put it on, and i don't sleep on my face its fine the next day still. If you forget to wear it like a couple nights (i did a couple times due to lazyness then you'll just have to wear them for a night)

Pros:
- full results in 2 days when you first start (for me atleast)
- you don't feel them when u sleep
- it has never moved into the back of my eyeball once in 7 years (my friends say it will)
- only have to wear it for a couple hours (once your eyes are adjusted to the lens, you only have to wear it for a little while, the amount of sleep you have every night whether its 2 hours or 10 hours won't affect the performance of your eyesight. can't wear it and not sleep though b/c the eyelids act as a "press" to reshape your cornea)

Cons:
- not permanent
- if you travel alot, you'll have to bring them with you
- need to clean the lens everyday and soak them like every other contact
- i've replaced them once in 6 years, i was washing the lens once, and it cracked in half. replacement pair was $300, doctor was amazed it lasted so long, because most people either lose them down the drain, or misplace them.
- irritation if you're not used to it
- in the morning you might get dry eye, and the contact lens is like welded into your cornea. so you need to keep dropping tear drops and rub gently on your eyelids over the edge of the lens to get the tear drops to lubricate inside between ur cornea and lens (thats the most annoying part for me, because its annoying and tedious, if its still dry and u pull it off it'll be very irritated and not good for your cornea) solutions for it = drop a more vicious tear drop into the inside of the lens before inserting in the eye to keep it better lubricated till the morning

if you want more info pm me, i'll refer you to my eye doctor, no problems for 7 years, and i have better vision than most people.

no i'm not promoting for him, i just believe its very underrated. Its cheaper, and it works but some people might not be able to use it though if you have problems with your eyes, my mom for example has problems with her cornea and she could not use it.

info:
http://www.allaboutvision.com/contac...ok.htm#results
Yep, i've had these for a few years now.

Unfortunately, Airforce doesn't accept them, so I'm saving up for Lasik.

Couple downsides:

Halos and starbursts at night. My opthamologist and I tried getting the manufacturer to cut the flat spot even wider to help eliminate this (guess my pupil is large), but no joy

Small price to pay compared to wearing glasses all the time

Last edited by Corey Darling; 01-09-2009 at 04:06 PM.
Corey Darling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 04:18 PM   #29
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Got it done at London Place in New West I think 2 years ago? BEST INVESTMENT EVER!!
My RS Buy/Sell Feedback
CRiXy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 09:52 PM   #30
My homepage has been set to RS

I've done it many times. You just need a good laser pointer.

In other words..

I would love to insult you but you wouldn't understand.
TekDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 07:38 AM   #31
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Got it done like... 3 weeks ago. Best investment ever.
cspec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 10:53 AM   #32
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

I am currently deciding between london eye centre / coal harbor eye centre.
I need to to prk/no touch since i am doing a contact sport. Really on the fence between the two and i think i will pay both a visit.
phats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 02:36 PM   #33
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

awesome information guys

was thinking of getting my eyes fixed with PRK
i play hockey and am training in jiu jutsu, so it would probably be a better solution

member of the "Go To Jail For BoA Anytime Crew"
URA RENGE - Taijutsu Master of the Hidden Revscene Village

{o,o} ......ya rly!
/)__)
-"-"-
PSN: AznAlien
Grandmaster TSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 04:35 PM   #34
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

London eye care only does PRK. Coal Harbour is mainly Lasik. I can't remember if they do PRK as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phats View Post
I need to to prk/no touch since i am doing a contact sport. Really on the fence between the two and i think i will pay both a visit.
6thGear. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 04:21 AM   #35
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

i got custom lasik eye surgery at blaylock surgical center in abbotsford. it cost me 4800 but i find it alright...

i got it done at 20 years old
po.chac.co is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 07:51 PM   #36
No Duplicate Accounts Allowed

Quote:
Originally Posted by phats View Post
i had mine done at LEC(not touch) same week as my gf's manager who had hers done at coal harbor. I was good after 3 days, she was still blind after a week and could barely see after 2 weeks. it could be her and not coal harbor, but i've never heard of any complaints from LEC since all my friends went there too.
bui95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 07:52 PM   #37
No Duplicate Accounts Allowed

if you go with LEC, use my name and you can get $500 off the $3000 price. - Quoc Bui
bui95 is offline   Reply With Quote