REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 01-10-2009, 02:45 PM   #26
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 93'ColtTsi View Post
Well so im driving up cultus lake road doing the speed limit and everything in my dsm and I NAILED a deep horrible pot hole. I got home checked the rim and it was bent pretty good and the tire is messed up as well. Buldge in the tire and its leaking air. Just wondering who, if anybodywould be responsible for this and if anyone has advice.

The pot hole was unmarked, there was no gravel or anything inside it. No warning signs at all to let you know of the road hazzard.

I dont have collision on the car.... and wouldn't go through ICBC anyways cuz a new rim and tire is less then $300 deductable anyways. If i have to i will take this to small claims.

Just wondering if anyone has any good info or tips for me for getting someone to pay for the damages to the car.
hope this might be of some help to you:

http://www.ctvbc.ctv.ca/servlet/an/l...shColumbiaHome
Advertisement
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 03:00 PM   #27
Captain Happy Bubble is my Homeboy

it's tough getting money from municipalities to pay for wheel damage due to potholes.

you have to prove that the municipality knew of the pothole's existence (reported already) and they unreasonably delayed the repair. what's considered unreasonable time? that's for the courts to decide.
Bear2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 03:12 PM   #28
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear2 View Post
it's tough getting money from municipalities to pay for wheel damage due to potholes.

you have to prove that the municipality knew of the pothole's existence (reported already) and they unreasonably delayed the repair. what's considered unreasonable time? that's for the courts to decide.
bingo...and that's the thing...given the mudslide, the weather, their manpower/supply of equipment, the number of fresh potholes and the fact that it had only been there for days, I doubt ANY court would find it an unreasonable delay constituting negligence.
OffroadZuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 09:41 PM   #29
No Duplicate Accounts Allowed

just get a dent puller and it 's an easy fix
tdr6o4s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 10:50 PM   #30
HELP ME PLS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93'ColtTsi View Post
I was behind a truck. By the time i seen the pothole it was too late. And like i said. The pothole was there for days and days. The road matience people drove by it tons of times and just ignored them. Neglect.

oh and offroadzuki. The "gravel" on the side of the road is not "gravel" its little pieces of the ashphalt that came out of the road.

so you were following too closely.

and you spotted it many times since you saw it for "days and days".... yet you still hit it knowing it was there....
johny is offline   Reply With Quote