REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 01-09-2009, 10:10 AM   #1
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Stop posting tuner threads

Because I swear to god, the next time I see some bullshit tuner variant of a perfectly good car, I'm going to puke. Seriously, these fucks take a car, bolt some random shit onto it, and then say it's their "version." Joy Delsol? Zele 370Z? Mugen TSX? Sports Modulo S2000? What the fuck are these things? Oh yeah, shit.

I could do the same goddamn work in my own garage. Holy shit, they cram a bunch of crappily made bolt-on parts under the hood, and bolt some some retardedly large brake kit that probably stops worse than the stockers behind garish aftermarket wheels that requires them to remove the freaking fenderwells. Then they bolt on some fugly urethane and coat it in paint that more often than not looks like it was applied by a 3 year old who'd just graduated from Crayola to DeVilbiss. Of course, that's not so terrible, given the fuckhead that bolted the body kit up couldn't draw a straight line with a goddamn ruler.

What the fuck. No one cares, no one gives a shit, and they're fucking boring. I don't bother posting up threads about BMW's FLIR system or the new Visteon dashboard concept, because I know they'll be bumped down to the bottom of the VAC by the redundant motherfucking posts about some new bullshit "tuner" car built by some prepossessing arrogant asian shop owner that feels compelled to replace the manufacter's name with his own when he unveils it, when the sad reality is that he's done little more work to the car in question than half the ricers in Richmond.

Stop wasting space, and get, grow, steal, or borrow some motherfucking taste.
Advertisement

Through the mud and the blood to the green field beyond.
Faugh A'Ballaugh.
1983 Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 10:14 AM   #2
Resident Bullshitter

this is an import forum

no one gives a flying fuck about your POS rusting Land Rover either
.Renn.Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 10:23 AM   #3

Hence, I don't post up a million motherfucking Land Rover threads. And no, it's VANCOUVER AUTOMOTIVE CHAT, you dumb fuck.

Faugh A'Ballaugh.
Old 01-09-2009, 10:30 AM   #4
Zombie Mod

Thanked 5,171 Times in 1,552 Posts
Get used to it. Tuner threads aren't gonna stop. Don't click on those threads.
Old 01-09-2009, 10:37 AM   #5
Resident Bullshitter

yet every post you try to mention how great your POS land rover is... even in threads about GTR or Porsche *yawn
Old 01-09-2009, 10:39 AM   #6

I don't. And apparently no one else does; not a single one has made it past one page. But hey, what can you expect from a car forum in which:

65% of posters probably believe their mechanic when he charges them $400 to top up their high beam fluid.

20% don't drive.

10% are just here for the threads formally known as the jailbaits.

and the remaining 5% have lost all will to actually post up anything more in-depth than "OMG a pothole bent my wheel wat do I do" because the other 95% A) won't understand it, B) won't appreciate it, C) won't read it and D) will drown in their constant stream of bullshit threads.

EDIT: Rennsport, what the fuck are you talking about?

Faugh A'Ballaugh.

Last edited by 1983 Z28; 01-09-2009 at 10:39 AM.
Old 01-09-2009, 10:40 AM   #7
14 dolla balla aint got nothing on me!

This is funny, because I was thinking yesterday “what happened to all the real tuners?”

I’m not talking about shops who can order parts and put them on the car. These are parts sellers. I’m talking about real tuners. A place where I can take a specific car, and they can give me options for real tuning based on what I am doing with the car. Something to actually improve the handling and power curve of the vehicle, without making it look like shit.

Mugen did that back in the day, maybe they still do, but I havent seen much in the way of that other than aero parts and some higher spring rates for a while. They did have there Superchargers for the Fit.

There are still some out there, but they seem to be few and far between. The only ones you still here about are AMG and MOPAR.

I guess I’m the opposite of you. I really like tuner cars. But I like TUNER cars, not cars with a bunch of crap bolted on.
91civicZC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 10:40 AM   #8
Proud to be called a RS Regular!

qq moar ^^
ThisIs50.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 10:44 AM   #9
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Thanked 8,924 Times in 3,877 Posts
agrred, throwing on a kit and some rims, maybe an intake and exhaust package doesn't justify replacing the manufacturers name with your own, you didn't design anything, you modified maybe 5% of the car, that doesn't count for shit
1992 Toyota Celica GT-S ["sold"] \\ 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee CRD [sold] \\ 2000 Jeep Cherokee [sold] \\ 1997 Honda Prelude [sold] \\ 1992 Jeep YJ [sold/crashed] \\ 1987 Mazda RX-7 [sold] \\ 1987 Toyota Celica GT-S [crushed]
Quote:
Originally Posted by maksimizer View Post
half those dudes are hotter than ,my GF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevYouUp View Post
reading this thread is like waiting for goku to charge up a spirit bomb in dragon ball z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good_KarMa View Post
OH thank god. I thought u had sex with my wife. :cry:
underscore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 10:51 AM   #10
Resident Bullshitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91civicZC View Post
This is funny, because I was thinking yesterday “what happened to all the real tuners?”

I’m not talking about shops who can order parts and put them on the car. These are parts sellers. I’m talking about real tuners. A place where I can take a specific car, and they can give me options for real tuning based on what I am doing with the car. Something to actually improve the handling and power curve of the vehicle, without making it look like shit.

Mugen did that back in the day, maybe they still do, but I havent seen much in the way of that other than aero parts and some higher spring rates for a while. They did have there Superchargers for the Fit.

There are still some out there, but they seem to be few and far between. The only ones you still here about are AMG and MOPAR.

I guess I’m the opposite of you. I really like tuner cars. But I like TUNER cars, not cars with a bunch of crap bolted on.
AMG is hardly a Tuner now. They are pretty much a manufacturer

Jun, Mine's, Spoon, Top Secret, Amuse are just a few top tuners I can think of and of course there are more.

I see that Z28 can't tell the difference between a Tuner and a shop and bolt parts on for customers
Old 01-09-2009, 10:54 AM   #11
RS controls my life!

Agree with the topic of this thread. Especially since most of the cars are just copy and pasted from www.worldcarfans.com or some other similar site that most people already look at, or have easy access to.
Wykydtron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 11:02 AM   #12
My homepage has been set to RS

rage much
mrclean604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 11:19 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Renn.Sport View Post
AMG is hardly a Tuner now. They are pretty much a manufacturer

Jun, Mine's, Spoon, Top Secret, Amuse are just a few top tuners I can think of and of course there are more.

I see that Z28 can't tell the difference between a Tuner and a shop and bolt parts on for customers
Not sure totally agree with the above, but point taken. The problem I have is other than some of these guys showing up to Time attacks, I don’t seem much from them as “tuners”. Maybe that’s just on this side of the pond though.

I was thinking more along the lines of Shops that do complete tunes though. Actual tuning shops, not parts resellers. Mopar and AMG probably were not the best examples on my part.
Old 01-09-2009, 11:40 AM   #14
Resident Bullshitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91civicZC View Post
Not sure totally agree with the above, but point taken. The problem I have is other than some of these guys showing up to Time attacks, I don’t seem much from them as “tuners”. Maybe that’s just on this side of the pond though.

I was thinking more along the lines of Shops that do complete tunes though. Actual tuning shops, not parts resellers. Mopar and AMG probably were not the best examples on my part.
so what do you have mind in terms of an actual tuning shop which Jun, Mine's, Top Secret, Amuse, MCR is not?
Old 01-09-2009, 11:48 AM   #15
I subscribe to the Fight Club ONLY

Inter arma enim silent leges
Kagemusha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 11:56 AM   #16

Actually, I can tell the difference between a tuner shop and what people have been posting. If you took the time to glean my actual complaint about these car from my original post, you'd have noticed that my issue lies not in the fact that they are called tuner cars, but in that they are boring as fucking sin. You want to post up about how much work goes in to Jun/Mines/Top Secret/Amuse car? Be my guest; lord know I love reading about how much work goes into making these cars faster. Why they chose sequential turbos, how they strengthened the chassis, how many times they seam welded the unibody etc etc... remember, you're talking about the guy that postred up a picture of the new SVT Raptor control arm... thinking that I won't appreciate the engineering behind a properly built car is ridiculous.

My problem is that people keep posting up these poseur show cars that have absolutely no innovation, no engineering, and seemingly no taste put into them. The threads are all the same; a shitty title like "Supercaligfragilisticexpidalodocious S2000" and contain nothing more than a picture. What does that do to start a discussion? Nothing. People come in, view it, and post up "it's ugly" or "it's gorgeous" or "fuck you Timpo I hope you get tramped by a herd of camels."

And yes, I'd say that AMG, Mopar, SVT, M, and the other factory tuning branches are really the western world's response to Jun, Amuse et al. They do a lot of the same reengineering of parts to produce a vehicle that builds on the original's strengths, and I appreciate that. Post those up. I love them. Everyone loves them.

But the problem with what's being posted now, is that it has absolutely no substance, and as such, it can't be discussed. And this is a discussion board, no?

EDIT: Why I'm serious? Because Revscene is a shadow of it's former self because of shit like this. Shoei is trying to clean it up, and I think that a big part of regaining some of the respect people had for one another can come out of less threads in which people are trying to educate each other, and more threads in which people are trying to discuss something. Less voices, more listeners.

Faugh A'Ballaugh.

Last edited by 1983 Z28; 01-09-2009 at 11:57 AM.
Old 01-09-2009, 12:00 PM   #17
Banned (ABWS)

The majority RS members are here for either the notorious Vancouver Off-topic or the buy/sell sections. Take a look how little the traffic are for the technical automotive sections. The majority here knows little about cars in my opinion except the few older members who still sticks around. The rest are a bunch of ricers.
CruisingDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 12:04 PM   #18
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

^ i agree, the pictures some of the members post about cars are SO boring.
if i wanted to look up a nice car i'd do that but come on this isn't show and not tell!
Post some figures, post some articles to go with the pictures.

I'm already subscribed to Modified Magazine they have tons of ricer/nice looking cars on there, but atleast it talks about how the car was built.

and z28 if you posted that techy stuff, trust me i'd read it. which is why i love our tech section how ever small it is.
2005 Honda Jazz

BuySell Feedback
Quote:
"It's called Sex Panther by Odeon. It's illegal in nine countries... Yep, it's made with bits of real panther, so you know it's good ... They've done studies, you know. 60% of the time it works, every time. "
Leopold Stotch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 12:07 PM   #19
Resident Bullshitter

AMG, Mopar, SVT, BMW M would be along the lines of Nismo, STI, Mugen, Ralliart.

Renntech, 9ff would be more appropriate in comparing with Jun, Amuse, Top Secret etc.
Old 01-09-2009, 12:16 PM   #20
Resident Bullshitter

Jun Hyper Lemon GDB

Jun Z33 with VQ30+ Attesa AWD

Top Secret V35 GTR with VK45DETT, transaxle Supra 6 Speed

Top Secret Supra with V12 Twin Turbo

MCR R34 - 600HP street/track/touge tuned all at the same time

Amuse Carbon R

Old 01-09-2009, 12:44 PM   #21

That's all well and good, but if I wanted to see the damn things, I'd google them. What you posted is exactly what I'm talking about. How about actually going out, finding the pics, and then finding out a little bit about it so that instead of just giving us eye candy, you could give us some information too.

What the hell do we have to discuss based on those pics alone?

Faugh A'Ballaugh.

Last edited by 1983 Z28; 01-09-2009 at 12:45 PM.
Old 01-09-2009, 12:44 PM   #22

Renn Sport

I guess to me the difference is in the competition. I see a lot of these cars at shows, but I don’t see much of them anywhere else. I want to see Ring lap times, I want to see time attack numbers. I want to know details on the setup (alignment, damper setting, boost settings etc) what was done where, and why?

Companies like Mugen used to do this, and big tuner shops I have seen compete in “ultimate street car” ect. Places like PES, 034, and such. Those are the type of things I want to see. “We bolted on some pretty wheels and a suspension from brand whatever” doesn’t tell me much about these cars, or there actual real world performance. Again, these companies may do this, and we just don’t hear about it over on this side of the pond.

Regardless, I guess I want tech, not pictures. I want real world testing results, not another bitch in front of the car giving me a grin. Top secret always puts out some really neat looking cars with some crazy claimed HP numbers, but then where do these cars see any type of real world testing or competition? See above, maybe they do and Im just not looking in the right places?

Again, maybe its just me, but Id like to see more numbers on these cars and testing than just another super street article telling me what parts are bolted on.
Old 01-09-2009, 12:58 PM   #23
My homepage has been set to RS

without timpo, vac would be boring :[
mrclean604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 01:01 PM   #24
Resident Bullshitter

Either learn Japanese or if you want to know more, then go ahead and setup an interview with the them and have a first hand look at the cars. or fly to Japan and visit the Tsukuba Time Attack sessions and see what they are doing to the cars. seriously, do you expect Timpo to interview each and every tuner to give you some information to discuss?

You want to see Time attack numbers then go buy an option magazine, all the numbers are posted on there. There are seriously so little information on Japanese tuned cars outside of Japan. There is probably only a handful of English media that actually report and give information on JDM tuned cars and its not very detailed

Tuners are just business, do you expect the Ferrari F1 team to publicize all their development and car setting so that their competitors can copy?
Old 01-09-2009, 01:06 PM   #25
RS.net, helping ugly ppl have sex since 2001

Thanked 2,420 Times in 669 Posts
What if the person who posted the tuner thread actually rather have a Supercaligfragilisticexpidalodocious S2000 than a AMG, M, whatever. Its called personal preference, if you don't like it, doesn't mean the rest of the world must agree with you. I don't see why the Top Secret Supra can't beat a CLK63 black on the Nur or a drag race at the lights.

Shut your ranting and just choose to click the next thread when u see a title named "Supercaligfragilisticexpidalodocious S2000!!!!!!"
shenmecar is offline   Reply With Quote