REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Vancouver Auto Chat (https://www.revscene.net/forums/vancouver-auto-chat_173/)
-   -   Impark & City Collection (https://www.revscene.net/forums/559939-impark-city-collection.html)

CruisingDream 01-09-2009 03:24 PM

Impark & City Collection

What's the absolute worst thing they can do to me as I refuse to pay their amount? I personally don't agree with all of the tickets. I have a total of roughly 5 tickets issued. 4 of the 5 tickets were forwarded to City Collection debt collection agency. They have been sending me letters for about 3 months now. What can they do?

Alphamale 01-09-2009 03:27 PM

You can tell them to fuck off.

You can also go ahead and search the forum. This question has been answered many-a-times.

unit 01-09-2009 03:32 PM

they can take you to court if the fines are really out of control, but 5 tickets is what? maybe 250-300? they wont spend their time and money trying to get a small amount like that. however, impark can tow you from their lots next time straight away if you get more then 3-4 (i think).

TigerSY 01-09-2009 04:48 PM

Continue to toss them in the garbage can..

Type-SIR 01-09-2009 09:08 PM

just pay them you cheap shit, lol

seakrait 01-10-2009 12:35 AM

"I personally don't agree with all of the tickets" ?

i'm sure there's a dispute process that you could have gone though instead of letting the tickets go to a collection agency. you should have handled things in a timely matter rather than letting things go to the state they are now.

i wonder what this does to your credit rating... the fact that a collections department is chasing you for money. nothing? anything? anyone know?

sexyaccord 01-10-2009 12:37 AM

impark sucks

J32A2-S 01-10-2009 01:07 AM

Don't worry it wont hurt your credit and it never will
As for canceling them, they probably won't because you waited way too long and you have too many.

If you offer to pay for them all, you can negotiate with them with some bs and they will offer to lower it for you...this is especially if you haven't got the second letter from an outside collection agency / phone calls. As far as i know, if you've only received the City Collections letter, then you really only have to pay the $40 but can easily be reduced to $26 with some disputing

If you park at another Impark lot again and get a ticket, their system will be able to see your outstanding violations and i guarantee they will tow you away now that you've received a letter. But as long as you don't get yourself another ticket, i don't think they ever run random plate checks

There u go...here are some options for you....you can trust that my sources are valid

3seriesBeeM 01-10-2009 05:32 AM

are you talking about city of vancouver parking tix if so you have to pay those ones because they are the ones that can go after you they can ruin your credit impark i never pay those ones ahaha they cant do shit even if they take you to court but the city can

smoothie. 01-10-2009 12:01 PM

time to get new plates

Truenosan 01-10-2009 08:01 PM

trying to even get a hold of these clowns through their phone lines is impossible.

tdr6o4s 01-10-2009 09:21 PM

try disputing them from the city of vancouver

underscore 01-25-2009 11:46 AM

^ impark tickets aren't official "City of XXX" tickets thus they don't really matter...

stewie 01-25-2009 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unit (Post 6214875)
they can take you to court if the fines are really out of control, but 5 tickets is what? maybe 250-300? they wont spend their time and money trying to get a small amount like that. however, impark can tow you from their lots next time straight away if you get more then 3-4 (i think).

IIRC, they cant touch your car, isnt it theft once they remove your car from their lot? they need to call cops first and cops have to call the tow truck to have it impounded....

but even then....park for 30-40 minutes before impark notices who you are...another 20 minutes for a cop to show up...and another 45 minutes for a tow truck to show up...fuckit...if you parkin under an hour..i say park for free :D

oldcracker 01-25-2009 12:17 PM

get new plates and tell them to fuck off

hk20000 01-25-2009 04:48 PM

Imparks used to do this "toys for tickets" thing before Xmas....

got rid of my ticket that way for like a $3 matchbox car so I did that....

J-Chow 01-25-2009 06:08 PM

Don't worry about the parking tix.
I have a couple from Diamond Parking and they keep sending letters.
I have yet to meet one person who has been called to court on private parking tickets. (knock on wood) i don't get called :lol

Benz_05TSX 01-28-2009 04:42 AM

What if you starting to receive 1866xxxxxx phone calls from the city collection...???

Drow 01-29-2009 02:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benz_05TSX (Post 6250245)
What if you starting to receive 1866xxxxxx phone calls from the city collection...???

a coworker of mine told me that if they start calling you, tell them you're in the middle of a disputing process with the company. he said they didn't call him anymore after that.

also if its your first or second ticket ever, you can most likely dispute and get it written off, or reduced to a very low amount if you're worried about them sending you letters and calling them. i was at aberdeen and i parked more than 3 hours then i got my first ever parking ticket ( 75 bux ) . A week later i called IMPARK and said it was my first time ever at aberdeen and i didn't know blahblahblah etc. and they reduced my 75 dollar fine to 10 bux. Without the will to make things worse, i just took the offer and paid the 10 bux.

EM2 01-29-2009 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oniyou (Post 6252098)
a coworker of mine told me that if they start calling you, tell them you're in the middle of a disputing process with the company. he said they didn't call him anymore after that.

also if its your first or second ticket ever, you can most likely dispute and get it written off, or reduced to a very low amount if you're worried about them sending you letters and calling them. i was at aberdeen and i parked more than 3 hours then i got my first ever parking ticket ( 75 bux ) . A week later i called IMPARK and said it was my first time ever at aberdeen and i didn't know blahblahblah etc. and they reduced my 75 dollar fine to 10 bux. Without the will to make things worse, i just took the offer and paid the 10 bux.

10 bux? why dont' they just wave it off?

unit 01-29-2009 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benz_05TSX (Post 6250245)

"city collection" is the name of their company. its not an actual government city collections agency.

Drow 01-29-2009 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EM2 (Post 6252191)
10 bux? why dont' they just wave it off?

you tell me... the guy just said " oh thats the lowest i can go " whatever

iwantaskyline 01-29-2009 11:15 PM

I got a couple tix from the BCIT parking lot. Haven't paid any of them off lol.

Benz_05TSX 02-13-2009 02:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oniyou (Post 6252098)

I told them I was in the middle of disputing, but they start callin after. They use to call 3-4 times a day, now 3-4 times a week after the new yrs.. I do want to dispute, but I don't want to argue or even deal with Impark. My frd did the same thing and got only $10 too...

Quote:

Originally Posted by unit (Post 6252298)
"city collection" is the name of their company. its not an actual government city collections agency.

Ya I heard about that. It's just they dun stop calling and I think I hav 3-4 tix.

underscore 02-13-2009 03:55 PM

they still haven't called me. ah well.