REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Vancouver Auto Chat

Vancouver Auto Chat 2016 VAC Community Head Moderator: Raid3n

Old 01-10-2009, 02:43 AM   #1
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Try a Land Rover Off Road Today!

I posted this up in the 4x4 forum, but given the snow, I've heard a lot of members on both the forums and on MSN talk about looking for a second vehicle, particular a 4x4. So, with that in mind...

The Roverlanders are doing their annual Founders Day show today at the Cloverdale Rodeo Agriplex; 2 pm to 10 pm.

I'll be there with my truck, obviously, but anyone is welcome to come on out and take in the show. You'll be able to crawl into, under, and on top of everything from Series trucks to Defenders to Discos to Range Rovers. There's going to be a ton of events, and a concession stand, but given the recent interest in members looking to purchase a 4x4; the big news will be the 4x4 course open until 4 pm. You'll be able to ride along with one of us to see how the different Land Rover models handle the trials course, ask questions, and better get to know the brand.

I will warn you, it's $5 to get in (kids under 12 are free). But, if you're interested in 4x4ing, it's a great way to come out and see the trucks that we're all so nuts about. And if you're shopping for an SUV, it'll give you a chance to check out the best 4x4xFar
Advertisement

Through the mud and the blood to the green field beyond.
Faugh A'Ballaugh.
1983 Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 12:09 PM   #2

Alrighty folks, I'm heading out. Hope to see some of you guys there on this pissy Saturday! At least the show's indoors...

Faugh A'Ballaugh.
Old 01-10-2009, 03:02 PM   #3
Banned (ABWS)

neat! wish I was there...would be interesting to see how one of them fancy Brit machines would compare to my lowly Zucchini.

Last edited by OffroadZuki; 01-10-2009 at 03:02 PM.
OffroadZuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 03:33 PM   #4
Witness protection

Thanked 5,343 Times in 2,222 Posts
crap. wish i knew sooner

Last edited by thumper; 01-10-2009 at 03:33 PM.
thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 05:39 PM   #5
Tech Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumper View Post
crap. wish i knew sooner
me too..
Old 01-10-2009, 06:17 PM   #6
KO7
WOAH! i think Vtec just kicked in!

I want to see pics!

Curious to see the indoor "off-road" course.
KO7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 07:05 PM   #7

Just got back. I'll have my pics of the indoor show portion up in a while, but I'll have to wait to see what other members post up of the off road course. It wasn't indoor, and was absolutely disgusting. It snowed for a while, and the low temperatures and massive rainfall made what was supposed to be a nice and easy hillclimb, off camber obstacle course, and steep descent into a water crossing into a series of sticky ruts. We were pulling trucks out of the last off-camber berm before the descent all day; it was getting everyone crossed up in mud that had everyone plowing their diffs through the mud. The last Defender 110 came though at 4 and the mud was soft enough that when he hit the flat section, where the worst of the mud was, he got stuck with his front bumper resting on the mud and all four tires buried up PAST diffs. What made it worse was the steep descent got worse and worse, until it finally was little more than a freefall into a foot of water; it was setting off the first stage of the Disco impact sensors and triggering the hazards, the fall was so abrupt. But hey, it was definitely fun!

Faugh A'Ballaugh.
Old 01-22-2009, 06:36 PM   #8
I STILL don't get it

pictures coming soon? or on another thread

kinda sounds interesting
asdfpic is offline   Reply With Quote