REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > 4x4's and the Great Outdoors

4x4's and the Great Outdoors THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
When pavement meets dirt, Beautiful British Columbia
When life on tarmac isn't enough. This section is for 4x4 Offroad Events, Pics, Discussion. Places to test your truck, Techniques and Skills. Everyone of all skill levels are welcome. Got a wicked campsite you would like to share? Discover the great outdoors, gear discussion etc.
A little mud never hurts, so get down and dirty...

Old 01-10-2009, 04:37 AM   #1
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

I finally got stuck

On New Years Eve in my Patriot 4x4. It's a champion through all of the snow, even with the all-seasons on! I was foiled by snow turning around outside my friends place, that wasn't really snow, but deep deposits of ice.

I basically got high centered on all that junk.

Then I managed to drop my keys in the snow while shoveling it out, in the dark.

A friend used her magic and found the keys, and once I was out of there, a rock flew up on the highway and did an number on my windshield!

At least the rest of the night was great. I'm really liking the idea of a lift and tires by next winter
Advertisement
Nightwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 10:51 AM   #2
I contribute to threads in the offtopic forum

Hahah well hey, on the bright side, they say things always come in threes so at least you're good to go for a while.

And yeah, I had to power through a snowbank last night in friggin Burquitlam, and it's just getting solid enough now that simply driving over it is no longer an option. I came within about half a kilometer per hour of a complete stop, and if I had... oh I would have been pissed. Shoveling out underneath the truck at 3 am while it was slushing? Not my idea of a good time!

But oh well. You can't lie, there's always that feeling of victory after you get free, eh?

Through the mud and the blood to the green field beyond.
Faugh A'Ballaugh.
1983 Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 05:51 PM   #3
I answer every Emotion with an emoticon

Hahaha, yeah. Not as elating as the feeling of making it through without failure though!
Nightwalker is offline   Reply With Quote