REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > REVscene Motorsports

REVscene Motorsports RS Motorsports by The Speed Syndicate
RS Race Team
Pitt Meadows & Mission Raceway. Organize Race Pre-meets, post Racing related event Pics and discussion. In collaboration with The Speed Syndicate, Official race events presenter. [Solicitation of Professional Racing Events Allowed]

Old 01-11-2009, 11:49 AM   #1
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

Toyota Supra 1/4 mile Drag Times

I'm wondering what kind of 1/4 drag times people are running with there Toyota Supra. Dont be embarrased because the best I have run is a 16.7 would of been a 16.3 with a perfect reaction time. Would of been better but my thermostat was gone and i didnt know because i bought the car that way till someone else noticed it when they drove it. Wide open thermostat = Hesitation up to 4000 RPM

1987 Toyota Supra / 3.0L 7MGE
16.7?? 1/4 MILE
Advertisement
ksim19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 01:51 PM   #2
RS.net, where our google ads make absolutely no sense!

Sounds about right with the 7mge. The old supras are absolute bricks.
blacK20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 02:21 AM   #3
Banned (ABWS)

What would a same year MR2 do it in?
LeanNsupreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 07:54 AM   #4
Ricer Mod

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksim19 View Post
I'm wondering what kind of 1/4 drag times people are running with there Toyota Supra. Dont be embarrased because the best I have run is a 16.7 would of been a 16.3 with a perfect reaction time. Would of been better but my thermostat was gone and i didnt know because i bought the car that way till someone else noticed it when they drove it. Wide open thermostat = Hesitation up to 4000 RPM

1987 Toyota Supra / 3.0L 7MGE
16.7?? 1/4 MILE

If you got this time at mission street legals the reaction time does NOT affect your timeslip. You could sit at the line for 2 full seconds and it does not matter. The clock doesn't start until you do.

Berz out.
Old 01-12-2009, 08:00 PM   #5

Quote:
If you got this time at mission street legals the reaction time does NOT affect your timeslip. You could sit at the line for 2 full seconds and it does not matter. The clock doesn't start until you do.

Berz out.

I wish I could do mission (Ferries are expensive) because Thunder only runs once every year in Port Alberni on Vancouver Island. But I am going to go to Saratoga in Courtney to do some 1/8th mile in the spring and summer.

Last edited by ksim19; 01-12-2009 at 08:02 PM.
Old 01-12-2009, 08:10 PM   #6
Ricer Mod

Thanked 5,276 Times in 1,501 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksim19 View Post
No I got the time at Thunder In The Alberni Valley last summer. Thunder is set up for bracket racing and as soon as it hits green your time starts.

I wish I could do mission (Ferries are expensive) because Thunder only runs once every year in Port Alberni on Vancouver Island. But I am going to go to Saratoga in Courtney to do some 1/8th mile in the spring and summer.
Ah ok.. yea that sucks. If you make a weekend out of it its worth it to come over. Were a friendly bunch over here and are fairly good and welcoming out of towners. Mission also gives discounts on hotel rooms for people that come to race. You should try to make it over for Battle of the Imports this year (if they decide to hold it) there is a bunch of us that camp the whole weekend and its a great time.

Berz out.
Old 01-12-2009, 08:26 PM   #7

What date is the battle of the imports usually? Sounds really tempting
Old 01-14-2009, 06:35 PM   #8
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

supra mk3 car do some impressive times there a bunch in vancover that are 10 secounds car if not lower and yes i am talking about the a70 with 7mgte

the best i have ever got wiht stock trubo\full 3 inc exhuast\intake and 12 psi

was 13.8 my speed was crazy that all remmber bean a long time this was at thunder in the vally

there is toyota supra chat thread here on rs on iland off topic and all of us have own supras for a very long time

i just hope my car is done by this summer and pushing 550 on pump gas 20 psi and see what race gas does if i feel safe to do so

92 Toyota supra highly modified (The ice cream will never have a chance to melt)
89 exo cage Toyota truck (so many gears to choose from)

I own nothing that is practical hahahaha
NashMan is offline   Reply With Quote