REVscene Automotive Forum

REVscene Automotive Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/)
-   Police Forum (https://www.revscene.net/forums/police-forum_143/)
-   -   notice and order for a VI (https://www.revscene.net/forums/560194-notice-order-vi.html)

GordonTse 01-11-2009 05:01 PM

notice and order for a VI

so i got a VI for front tint not to long ago. ill make long story short

- no date on notice and order
- went to VPD today, i live in cloverdale(40min+ drive)
- waited 30+min to talk to an officer
- officer looked over the notice and order and said i HAD to go to an inspection facility
- all he said after is "sorry you wasted your time coming out here, i can't do anything about it"

is he f'ing with me, or do i really NEED to go to an inspection facility and pay fucking $80-100 for a VI when i just had front tint.. that is complete bull..

HSK 01-11-2009 05:04 PM

Why is it bull?

You have a front tint which is against regulations. Yes, you DO NEED to go to an inspection facility and get them to verify that it is off.

This is why it is better to not have a front tint (or anything illegal for that matter) in the first place.

GordonTse 01-11-2009 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HSK (Post 6218006)
Why is it bull?

You have a front tint which is against regulations. Yes, you DO NEED to go to an inspection facility and get them to verify that it is off.

This is why it is better to not have a front tint (or anything illegal for that matter) in the first place.

k, well they want a FULL VECHICLE inspection which is 80-100, they don't just check the front tint. they check the whole vehicle.. that what i'm saying is bull.

smoothie. 01-11-2009 07:06 PM

incase youve done other illegal mods since?

thats probably why its a full vi

skidmark 01-11-2009 09:11 PM

The ticket for tint is $109 and if the officer writes under 219(1) MVA it ends up on your driving record. If the tint is the only problem, maybe you got a bargain.

If there is something seriously wrong with your vehicle that you don't know about and the inspection finds it, you've really gotten a bargain.

GordonTse 01-11-2009 10:59 PM

well there shouldn't be anything wrong with the car.. it's pretty new 2008 car..

skidmark: is this notice and order still valid without a date? because i'm losing track of when i got it, and i'm suppose to get it done within 30days, but there is no date...

GordonTse 01-13-2009 06:02 PM

bump. i still need to know if the notice and order is still valid if there is no date on it, i would i know when 30days runs out? TIA

smoothie. 01-13-2009 06:09 PM

asking on rs? really?

why not call them

MegaMx 01-13-2009 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GordonTse (Post 6222197)
bump. i still need to know if the notice and order is still valid if there is no date on it, i would i know when 30days runs out? TIA

scratch that

skidmark 01-13-2009 07:11 PM

If the notice has no date, it is really invalid. However, the consequences of ignoring a box 1 or 2 are significant, so don't let it slip. Probably the easiest way to find out is to contact an Autoplan Agent and ask if there is an inspection order registered against your vehicle. They will know as checking this is part of the renewal procedure.

GordonTse 01-14-2009 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skidmark (Post 6222365)
If the notice has no date, it is really invalid. However, the consequences of ignoring a box 1 or 2 are significant, so don't let it slip. Probably the easiest way to find out is to contact an Autoplan Agent and ask if there is an inspection order registered against your vehicle. They will know as checking this is part of the renewal procedure.

alright, thats a great answer. thanks alot skidmark! you can close this thread now if you want.

GordonTse 01-15-2009 05:56 PM

alright, so i wasn't 100% sure of the answer given by skidmark, so i called ICBC. the rep over the phone told me that even though there is no date, the notice and order is still valid because it is attached to the vehicle. but i have not yet called an Autoplan Agent to confirm if there was anything attached to this vehicle.

skidmark 01-15-2009 06:47 PM

That seems odd. If they have no idea of the issue date, how can they tell when the deadline is?

GordonTse 01-15-2009 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skidmark (Post 6226539)
That seems odd. If they have no idea of the issue date, how can they tell when the deadline is?

yes, thank you! that's what i've been wondering. maybe the icbc rep over the phone was clueless? but thanks again skidmark. i will call an icbc agent tomorrow.

CRS 01-16-2009 12:29 AM

So did you learn anything from this?

Or are you going to do anything different about a certain thing..?

GordonTse 01-16-2009 05:37 PM

k went to an autoplan agent afterwork. even she said it is still valid, but she can't confirm it because the registered owner wasn't present. she needs the registered only to be present to call ICBC herself to see if there is an inspection registered to the vehicle.

GordonTse 01-16-2009 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CRS (Post 6227343)
So did you learn anything from this?

Or are you going to do anything different about a certain thing..?

what do you mean? don't tint my front windows? no, i learned that don't drive in downtown vancouver when you have front tint on your windows because there are cops in every intersection. or roll down your windows when driving downtown. ha.

obviously i'm not going to go get my front windows tinted again. waste of money. hard work taking it off.. took me forever to take the glue off.. i did learn from this experience.

GordonTse 01-16-2009 07:27 PM

k, i've been sketching out pretty badly.so i talked to the inspector at work, and he said i will fail the inspection because i lowered my car, he said that the minimum height should be 1.5inches between the top of the tire and the bottom of the wheel well, so pretty uch 1.5inches of "wheel gap" but i was looking around and such on MVA Regulations and read this

Quote:

Application
25.20 This Part applies to a vehicle that was
(a) disposed of as salvage and subsequently rebuilt,
(b) altered by changes to its suspension height by more than 10 cm from the original basic specification of the vehicle manufacturer,
(c) altered so that its

sho_bc 01-16-2009 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GordonTse (Post 6228672)
k, i've been sketching out pretty badly.so i talked to the inspector at work, and he said i will fail the inspection because i lowered my car, he said that the minimum height should be 1.5inches between the top of the tire and the bottom of the wheel well, so pretty uch 1.5inches of "wheel gap" but i was looking around and such on MVA Regulations and read this

What that is stating, is that if your vehicle has had its suspension altered by more than 10cm in height from stock (that is a lot of distance to be dropped, are you really dropped that much?), your vehicle must be inspected by an authorized person and given an approved certificate of mechanical condition.

When I was reading through the regs regarding ride height, I thought that the only restriction on how low you can go, was that the car must not be touching the ground at any point if the tires blow and you're only rolling along on the wheels themselves. Do you know the section where it states that there must be 1.5" of gap?

zulutango 01-16-2009 10:26 PM

You must also consider headlight and other light minimum requirements. I'm not aware of any actual gap but if a certified inspector feels that your vehicle needs a minimum 1.5 inches to allow the suspension to function so that the lowered body does not contact the tyres, then he has to sign off on it not being safe. He is telling you something that is important to know.

GordonTse 01-16-2009 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sho_bc (Post 6228689)
What that is stating, is that if your vehicle has had its suspension altered by more than 10cm in height from stock (that is a lot of distance to be dropped, are you really dropped that much?), your vehicle must be inspected by an authorized person and given an approved certificate of mechanical condition.

When I was reading through the regs regarding ride height, I thought that the only restriction on how low you can go, was that the car must not be touching the ground at any point if the tires blow and you're only rolling along on the wheels themselves. Do you know the section where it states that there must be 1.5" of gap?

i'm not anywhere near 10cm of suspension alteration. thats like 3.5inches.. and no i do not know where he is pulling this info from. but according to him, he reads from the regulations booklet. i'm pretty sure i can look at the booklet myself because every Designated Inspection Facility should have up-to-date regulations booklet on sight. and the inspection facility is my workplace. he said the 1.5" is so it allows the suspension to compress when going over a bump, and so the wheel does not rub against the fender wells. and i know for a fact i do not rub at all because my drop is every minor.

skidmark 01-17-2009 07:48 AM

From the inspection manual:

Fenders & Quarter Panels - reject if fitted so that it could cause interference with steering mechanism or cause rubbing of tires when suspension bottomed and steering moved stop to stop, includes rear wheels

GordonTse 01-18-2009 09:30 AM

alright, thanks a lot.. if i don't rub at all, i should be able to pass? but the inspector at work is sometimes an asshole to me. so there is no real height requirement for "wheel gap"?

do you know what section that is from? please and thank you :D

GordonTse 01-19-2009 10:52 PM

k, finely took the time to look in the inspection manual after work. i know where the inspector pulled the 1.5" from.

- vehicle suspension can not be sagged/altered more than 1.5" from manufacturer specs
- gap between tire+fender cannot be less than 1"

alright, many thanks to the many people for the help :D

bevy22 01-21-2009 09:47 PM

its too bad u had the window tint. It sounds like your going to have to spend alot of money bringing it back to stock. They wont pass anything aftermarket suck as, stering wheel, aftermarket pedals, lowered car, aftermarket exhaust, any aftermarket exterior lights, rust, bushings, ball joints, and all other mechanical componets. If u get caught you will be given a 575 dollar fine, towing and impound charges.