REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > REVscene Nation: Beyond The GVRD > Okanagan Automotive Chat > Okanagan Off-Topic

Okanagan Off-Topic Whatever ya wanna talk about
Talk about anything unrelated to automotive discussion.

Old 01-11-2009, 06:20 PM   #1
Even when im right, revscene.net is still right!

looking for a doctor in kamloops

i know finding a doctor that is accepting new patients is tough to come by in kamloops, but i'm getting nowhere with walk-in doctors. if you have a doctor in kamloops that you are happy with, please pass on their name (and number if you know it) and i'll make a few calls to see if they'll take me on. thanks.
Advertisement

Quote:
Originally posted by MelonBoy
ya i brush regularly with calgate or crust

Last edited by SizzleChest; 01-11-2009 at 06:20 PM.
SizzleChest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 05:09 PM   #2
VLS Head Mod

haha good luck with that. From what I hear no doctors are taking new patients AND my doctor just retired so there's another 1000 or so people looking for a new doctor. Sorry to burst yor bubble
REMEMBER:-->RS is a place for car enthusiasts to come and get together because of their intrest and love for cars. Hating is not an option-take your immaturity elsewhere!

----///-\\\----Put This
---|||---|||---On Your
---|||---|||---profile If
---|||---|||---You Know
----\\\-///----Someone
-----\\///-----Who has died
------///\-----Of
-----///\\\----Cancer
----///--\\\-----Or whom maybe suffering from it
saucywoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 05:26 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by saucywoman View Post
haha good luck with that. From what I hear no doctors are taking new patients AND my doctor just retired so there's another 1000 or so people looking for a new doctor. Sorry to burst yor bubble
ya i know it's rough. i've had a sinus problem that feels like it's way up there for over a month now. i've seen 2 different walk-in doctors. the first one shrugged his shoulders and the second one looked me over and in literally less than 3 minutes told me, "i think you have bronchitis" even though i haven't been coughing and don't have much mucus.

Quote:
Old 01-12-2009, 07:51 PM   #4
Banned (ABWS)

won't happen, dude...sadly, you're fucked. I lived in Kloops for 2 years and never had a family doc lol

Where'd you move from? Going back home and seeing your family doc there might be worth it if it's serious.
OffroadZuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 08:15 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by OffroadZuki View Post
won't happen, dude...sadly, you're fucked. I lived in Kloops for 2 years and never had a family doc lol

Where'd you move from? Going back home and seeing your family doc there might be worth it if it's serious.
surrey, but my doctor there folded his practice about 5 years ago to take a job at the hospital. every so often, he'll work a day at a walk-in clinic to see some of his old patients, but he's there less than 10 days a year so getting an appointment with him is like winning the lottery.

whatever i've got, i don't think it's too serious. i'd say i'm at 90% but it has stuck around for a month now so it's somewhat irritating.

Quote:
Old 01-13-2009, 07:07 AM   #6

Yeah it looks like no doctors are taking new patients, but periodically check https://www.cpsbc.ca/node/263 to find them.
Old 01-13-2009, 09:39 AM   #7
Banned (ABWS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SizzleChest View Post
surrey, but my doctor there folded his practice about 5 years ago to take a job at the hospital. every so often, he'll work a day at a walk-in clinic to see some of his old patients, but he's there less than 10 days a year so getting an appointment with him is like winning the lottery.

whatever i've got, i don't think it's too serious. i'd say i'm at 90% but it has stuck around for a month now so it's somewhat irritating.
Uhhh...when did your problems start? 'Cuz when I lived there I knew a few ppl who blamed their lung-related problems on the air in Kamloops...they moved away and got better...I suspect that silly pulp mill may have something to do with it, in addition to Kamloops essentially being a bowl, trapping stuff in, but that's just pure, unfounded theorizing on my part...
OffroadZuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 01:27 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by OffroadZuki View Post
Uhhh...when did your problems start? 'Cuz when I lived there I knew a few ppl who blamed their lung-related problems on the air in Kamloops...they moved away and got better...I suspect that silly pulp mill may have something to do with it, in addition to Kamloops essentially being a bowl, trapping stuff in, but that's just pure, unfounded theorizing on my part...
i've been here for almost 2 years now. it's only been in the last month and i don't think it's lung related. even with the mill spewing it's crap, i would have to think that the air in kamloops still has to be better than anywhere in the lower mainland.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jassanova View Post
Yeah it looks like no doctors are taking new patients, but periodically check https://www.cpsbc.ca/node/263 to find them.
thanks.

Quote:

Last edited by SizzleChest; 01-13-2009 at 01:28 PM.