REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Relationship & Gender Discussion

Relationship & Gender Discussion THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
The thin line between love and hate
Mature discussion about understanding the opposite sex...

Old 01-13-2009, 02:53 PM   #26
Wunder? Wonder?? Wander???

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucsmfu View Post
I really appreciate with your guys opinions. Right now i'm facing the dilemma to continue and wait for her or just move on. I've got friends telling to me to hang in there and friends telling me to let her go. I really like this girl, and I've done alot for her. In the early stages of our friendship she was going to give me a chanc but backed off afterwards. Then our frienship kept going back and forth, very childish I must say, but everything that happend what her that caused the trouble, and sometimes I feel bad or sorry, just to make her feel comfortable or at ease eventhough it wasn't my mistake. She considers me as her good friend. Last talk we had, this is what she said, she said she likes the friendship we have now, and then " to be honest I've never liked you or ever had any sort of feelings for you, but I did take all your good qualities and how well you treat me in consideration for a relationship." then she says, but I don't know, you've been nothing but nice to me, I really don't know, she gives me a clear answer then she gives me hope?, everytime we discuss about relationships, it ends like this, so it always feels like i'm being left hanging.

Sigh :/
My analysis of this whole situation is that she's unsure of her criteria for relationships. She doesn't know what type of person she's looking for yet. You might, but she doesn't.

It might sound like she does, but the fact that she says "I don't know" means she doesn't know. Yes, you may have good qualities etc etc, BUT "I don't know"

Think about it.

xtension is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 03:15 PM   #27
To me, there is the Internet and there is RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFonz View Post
Think of this girl as a penny stock and a relationship as your future expected returns.

So you're cruising the OTC BB when all of a sudden, you see this one stock that looks pretty good so you think to yourself "hey, why don't I sink some money into it to see where it goes?"

You buy a couple thousand shares and wait. The next day, the stock tanks and you go "OMGWTFBBQ!" The promoter however, knows you just bought this stock, so she calls you up and says "hey, don't worry, it'll go up. Just get more shares"

Being the nice little boy that you are, you dutifully oblige. The stock goes up a couple more pennies, but you're still down.

Couple of days later the promoter calls you up again and says, "Hey don't worry, just wait a little longer. If you buy more now, then you can get even higher returns."

At this point, the promoter knows that you are a sucker, but well, you don't, so you buy more.

This cycle continues for a process of a couple of months. Occasionally, you'll see a rally that you buy into and hope rises, but those rallies are short lived. Before long, the price goes down to almost nothing. You hang on for a couple more months before you get frustrated and get out of your position.

The next day, the company announces that all outstanding shares have been acquired by a single shareholder due to synergies between them.

Lessons you should learn
- Do some due diligence first about expected returns
- set a stop loss and do not sink money when expected value is zero
- Watch out for other shareholders that can manipulate the company and take over when you least expect it.
that was awesome bro

member of the "Go To Jail For BoA Anytime Crew"
URA RENGE - Taijutsu Master of the Hidden Revscene Village

{o,o} ......ya rly!
/)__)
-"-"-
PSN: AznAlien
Grandmaster TSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 05:40 PM   #28
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

Thanked 2,116 Times in 382 Posts
clean..?.. dang.. im outta here..
StaxBundlez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 06:11 PM   #29
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

Quote:
I really appreciate with your guys opinions. Right now i'm facing the dilemma to continue and wait for her or just move on. I've got friends telling to me to hang in there and friends telling me to let her go. I really like this girl, and I've done alot for her. In the early stages of our friendship she was going to give me a chanc but backed off afterwards. Then our frienship kept going back and forth, very childish I must say, but everything that happend what her that caused the trouble, and sometimes I feel bad or sorry, just to make her feel comfortable or at ease eventhough it wasn't my mistake. She considers me as her good friend. Last talk we had, this is what she said, she said she likes the friendship we have now, and then " to be honest I've never liked you or ever had any sort of feelings for you, but I did take all your good qualities and how well you treat me in consideration for a relationship." then she says, but I don't know, you've been nothing but nice to me, I really don't know, she gives me a clear answer then she gives me hope?, everytime we discuss about relationships, it ends like this, so it always feels like i'm being left hanging.

Sigh :/
Well.. does she like you as a friend? I read your other post and it is funny that I knew someone that was in a similar situation. The guy likes the girl a lot for 9 years as friends... they were never gf/bf but one day but they do hang out together a lot, the guy asked her to marry him and she said yes. I was surprised from the response because the girl never showed any affection to the guy so I thought she didn't like him at that level. They have even never kissed before! Not even joking... Anyways, the point is, his perseverance succeeded and during the wedding, the girl knew that this guy is the one for her... never seen her looking at someone like that before. As of today, they are both one happy couple.. They were married last summer.

Everyone is different. If you feel you are the one who is suffering, I don't see why you shouldn't move on. However, if you think she is the one, hold on to her a bit longer. Just because she is weird, that doesn't mean she that she won't like you that way. Remember, we don't know the entire details but some of your friends said to hold on for a bit longer... there must be a reason why they would say that.
poweredbyph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 09:15 PM   #30
Ubereem Mod

dafonz. awesome.
Gt-R R34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 09:36 PM   #31
OMGWTFBBQ is a common word I say everyday

Thanked 1,379 Times in 578 Posts
^^^ i swear you rip that out of sum little girl's faerie tale.

either they are both virgins
or they are both fugly

best course of action for OP is to hang on but also open up his game. You are technically single, go out and enjoy your single life. Do let go of every opportunity. Maybe after awhile you will be the one having second thoughts about this girl.
threezero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 10:04 PM   #32
Need my Daily Fix of RS

Quote:
Think of this girl as a penny stock and a relationship as your future expected returns.

So you're cruising the OTC BB when all of a sudden, you see this one stock that looks pretty good so you think to yourself "hey, why don't I sink some money into it to see where it goes?"

You buy a couple thousand shares and wait. The next day, the stock tanks and you go "OMGWTFBBQ!" The promoter however, knows you just bought this stock, so she calls you up and says "hey, don't worry, it'll go up. Just get more shares"

Being the nice little boy that you are, you dutifully oblige. The stock goes up a couple more pennies, but you're still down.

Couple of days later the promoter calls you up again and says, "Hey don't worry, just wait a little longer. If you buy more now, then you can get even higher returns."

At this point, the promoter knows that you are a sucker, but well, you don't, so you buy more.

This cycle continues for a process of a couple of months. Occasionally, you'll see a rally that you buy into and hope rises, but those rallies are short lived. Before long, the price goes down to almost nothing. You hang on for a couple more months before you get frustrated and get out of your position.

The next day, the company announces that all outstanding shares have been acquired by a single shareholder due to synergies between them.

Lessons you should learn
- Watch out for other shareholders that can manipulate the company and take over when you least expect it.
Awesome!!

Last edited by nipster; 01-13-2009 at 10:04 PM.
nipster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 11:19 PM   #33
Everyone wants a piece of R S...

i say just find a romantic moment between the two of you and just ask her if she would go out with you or not. Maybe she just needs a little spark to make up her mind.
bartone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 12:35 AM   #34
Hypa owned my ass at least once

Thanked 1,314 Times in 540 Posts
You should ask BradfordChow for advice.
Noir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 12:55 AM   #35
I STILL don't get it

cock in bum -> pearl necklace -> golden shower -> cleveland steamer
Xnova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 01:11 AM   #36
2013, 2016, 2017 & 2018 NHL Fantasy RS1 Champion

Thanked 1,243 Times in 574 Posts
Quote:

Lessons you should learn
that was pretty fucking awesome! haha
HonestTea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 01:26 AM   #37
I Will not Admit my Addiction to RS

This girl told you that she's never had any romantic feelings towards you but recognizes that you have lots of good qualities. That just seems to me like she's saying "You're a great guy and I wish I felt something for you but I don't." If it's been 6 months and this girl still doesn't feel a hint of a spark after everything you've done then honestly, I don't think it'll work out in your favour in the end no matter how hard you try. Are you really going to devote yourself to her like that just for the possibility that at some point in the future she might finally decide to give you a chance without backing out like before? However, if you do feel she's worth your time to continue pursuing then I suggest you try a different approach - perhaps distancing yourself a little. Maybe she just needs to see that you may not always be there.
unidentified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 02:25 AM   #38
All Day, Err Day Mod

Ever read my thread? http://www.revscene.net/forums/showthread.php?t=557581

You're stuck in the same boat as I am, buddy. I just hope that you're not one of her guy friends or else i'll be knocking on your door veryyy soon, buddy. LOL.

Leave it distinct. Stop all communication with her. You've been treating her so nice that she's not giving you any respect that not matter how much you care for her, she's just going to push you away. Treating her to things might mean friendship to her, and maybe you just want to open up at the right moment and tell her that you care for her and that you love her. Make it the right moment. Make it significant to her. I know you can do it. But judging by your position, I suggest that you down-right ditch her. Make her feel wanted. Make her feel that without your comfort, she's nothing, and that she'll either a) run back to you asking for your support and presence or b) go on through living her life.

Cut communication. Don't block from MSN/Facebook, just tell her that you're a busy bee and that you have work. It hurts, I know. but that's how it works.

Feedback of 40-0-0

-kT: "No man get a ruler and look, 12cm is long!"

Last edited by Nintensity; 01-14-2009 at 09:55 AM.
Nintensity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 09:45 AM   #39
No Duplicate Accounts Allowed

you've done a lot for her already and she hasn't accepted you cuz she undecisive so what you should do is give up. Don't tell her that you give up cuz that'll just make you sound like a drama queen. Just subtly stop doing things for her, calling her etc. And if she misses you and appreciates what you've done for her, she'll be coming to you and it'll be all good but if not then it wasn't meant to be

edit: ya what nintensity said

Last edited by cool moe D; 01-14-2009 at 09:46 AM.
cool moe D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 12:17 PM   #40
Rs has made me the man i am today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool moe D View Post
you've done a lot for her already and she hasn't accepted you cuz she undecisive so what you should do is give up. Don't tell her that you give up cuz that'll just make you sound like a drama queen. Just subtly stop doing things for her, calling her etc. And if she misses you and appreciates what you've done for her, she'll be coming to you and it'll be all good but if not then it wasn't meant to be

edit: ya what nintensity said
thanks for all your advices guys. My plan of action is to ignore her for a while, but it's kinda hard especially since we go to the same church and fellowship every week. Ahhh!!

I'll try my best, I've actually done that before, ignored her for a week. Then she tells me why are you ignoring me and how come I won't say hi to her anymore. I told her I wanted to give her space. She was like ohh.

Sigh!, the more I think of it, she is kinda stupid.

2 scenarios.

1) I bused with her from Vancouver to Surrey Campus SFU for her class, waited 4 hours for her class then bused and walked her home. Pretty much 7 hours of my time.

She thinks I was just being friendly

2.) She already knows that I like her and I have given flowers to her in the past, she knows my intentions and the intentions of the flowers I gave her in the past. REcently I gave her some roses.

She texts me 2 times, "What are the roses for ?", I was like, you can't be serious, without making much camotion out of it I just said, I thought they were pretty and just hope you like them.

She has hurt me many times throughout this 6 month process of chasing her. Lots of times it seems like she doesn't appreciate the things I do, at certain times there were lots of turn-offs.

I don't know why I fell for this girl. She's not like a regular girl, and her process of dating, relationship is very contrary.

In terms of relationships and guys, I think her friends and mom influences her alot. Her mom really likes me and would like us to be together. Except the fact, that this girl doesn't see it and doesn't have any feelings towards me at all. I guess her knowing her mom likes me, gives me the idea that I have a good chance to be with her or hope. I think that's where I'm making all the mistakes and continuing to hold on to my feelings for her.

Anyways, I guess it is really time for me to move on. I don't wanna screw up another semester of school because of this girl, plus it's a new year.
Old 01-14-2009, 12:37 PM   #41
All Day, Err Day Mod

^^ frick man, you sound like my long lost twin lol...scary.

Feedback of 40-0-0

-kT: "No man get a ruler and look, 12cm is long!"

Last edited by Nintensity; 01-14-2009 at 12:38 PM.
Nintensity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 12:44 PM   #42
How I Mod your mother

Quote:
1) I bused with her from Vancouver to Surrey Campus SFU for her class, waited 4 hours for her class then bused and walked her home. Pretty much 7 hours of my time.
Wow, just wow..
[19-07, 16:52] bloodmack: EB did u change my avatar and title?
Quote:
[19-07, 16:54] El Bastardo: bm i have no idea what you're talking about because i don't speak gorilla
!Yaminashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 12:49 PM   #43
RS has made me the bitter person i am today!

ucsmfu, I got some cheap stocks. Want to buy them? I promise to make you tons of money.
DaFonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 01:02 PM   #44
Oh goodie, 5 posts already!

This girl I dated likes having balloons, which might sound weird but wasn't really a big deal for me. So after I had taken her out for her bday, while dropping her off home I told her that my gift was in the trunk of the car. I made her close her eyes, opened the trunk and made her open her eyes.

I filled my whole trunk with balloons, must've been at about 50-60 which I had aired myself. Well my gift was actually something different in a bag, and I made her sift through all the balloons to get it, haha.

It was + points that night haha
PnoiVibe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 06:20 PM   #45
Rs has made me the woman i am today!

Screw it, save your money and turbo your fit. my .02
k20a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 10:14 PM   #46
Retired moderator

Is it me or am I the only person that read this thread as "How does a girl get touched?" and I came in here for some outlandish sexual question when in fact it's another sappy one.

girl@revscene.net

girlはラップダンスをしたことがありません
Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 01:11 AM   #47

omg..I'm reading this whole thread at 2:00am when I have a 8:00am class ...but fuck, this really got to me!..I feel ya.

I'm in the same situation as you...damn!
keifun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 11:34 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by k-fever View Post
omg..I'm reading this whole thread at 2:00am when I have a 8:00am class ...but fuck, this really got to me!..I feel ya.

I'm in the same situation as you...damn!
what's your plan of action ?

Right now, I'm trying to move it, but i find it kinda hard.

Haven't talked or communicate with her for the whole week now :/
Old 01-15-2009, 11:55 PM   #49
What hasn't Killed me, has made me more tolerant of RS!

time spent is better than any gift IMO
plan a full day of things she's never done before.
ice skating at grousse mtn or doing the grind depending on season, a new restaurant, a broadway play, rent a little speed boat at horseshoe bay, etc...

make it a day they wont forget. share some memories.
wyattH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 03:35 AM   #50
無敵

^ Mhmm memories are way better than any tangible gift, as most of them can be easily replaced... That and anyone can just go out and buy a gift. =3

muteki is offline   Reply With Quote