REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Vancouver LifeStyles (VLS) > Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness

Sports, Sports Entertainment and Fitness THIS SPACE OPEN FOR ADVERTISEMENT. YOU SHOULD BE ADVERTISING HERE!
Athletics, Hockey, Soccer, basketball, organize games/events, aerobics, nutritional supplements. Also the home for sports and sports entertainment threads.

Old 01-14-2009, 08:12 PM   #1
Banned (ABWS)

Need Suggestions for me to getting in shape

Hey guys, Im 19, and im starting into soccer again, and i just want to lose some of the belly fat and tighten and tone a bit. Im 6 or 6'1 and probably about 190 pounds, i dont have a scale and last i check i was i 185 so im guessing. I just didnt really care i was happy enough with how i was, but now i just wanna get in better overall shape.

My day goes like this Mon-Fri work 7-3:15
I get up at 5:30 and am not usually hungry, by the time i get to north van (where my job is) from delta, im usually hungryiesh and get tim hortons or whatever. I usually get the Breakfast BELT, sometimes donut or homestyle hashbrown and large or xL double double. Sometimes when feeling tired i get a energy drink.

Coffee Break is at 10 and i usually dont eat much then, just usually a apple or cranola bar, maybe a cookie and coffee. snack type thing.

Lunch is at 12:30 I usually have a sandwhich, usually ham, cheese, mayo, lettuce kinda thing. Sometimes a pop, yogurt sometimes, fruit.

Then if I have dinner at home its usually between 4-6 and if I eat at home its usually fairly healthy, but if i go out with the gf, i usually get a burger, or other probably not too healthy options.

That was just to give you guys a fairly good idea of what i eat and when, obv sometimes its different but thats basically it.

Things i know I have to Cut out:
Breakfast Belt, Energy Drinks, Donuts, Fast Foods
Im going to try replace them with, healthy cereals, more water and salads.

I want to know if you guys have any suggestions of food that might be good to get for lunches or whatever and What kind of exercising i should be doing. Im a plumber so having good upper body strength is always good for carrying pipe and tools, and id like to burn some stomach fat and have more stamina and speed for soccer. Thanks guys!
Advertisement
dmc_civic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 04:13 PM   #2
Banned By Establishment

do lots of cardio to cut down and go sometime after work. As for the diet, cut down on the fast food.
racerman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 07:50 PM   #3
Retired Mod

Losing and trimming down on belly fat is mostly(80%) to do with your diet as you already know. What you are looking to do is to decrease your carb intake slowly and increase your protein intake fast. If you cut carbs completely, your body will fight you and you will have trouble getting results. Recommended is 1-1.5 grams of protein per pound of body weight. This will help your metabolism speed up. Once it speeds up then your success rate will double. A great way to cut fat when working out is High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) Read over this link to get a general idea. Its also great training for sport. If you need help with a meal plan and a workout guide then send me a pm.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-in...erval_training
abinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 09:50 PM   #4
NOOB, Not Quite a Regular!

You probably already know what to do with your exercise, and diet (limit the mayo, cheese, pop.. etc). Try to take eat small healthy snacks in between your major meals. (vegetables, fruits, whole wheat bread sandwich without mayo and use low-sodium meats.. etc).

The hardest part is to stay disciplined, and actually stick to the healthy diet. I know it's really really painful to completely avoid the hamburgers, poutines and pizzas. You probably won't see instant results. However, after a few weeks/months of sticking to a strict healthy diet, you'll see the results. The results should give you the motivation to keep at it. Good luck.
86er is offline   Reply With Quote