REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Automotive Chat > Police Forum

Police Forum Police Head Mod: Skidmark
Questions & info about the Motor Vehicle Act. Mature discussion only.

Old 01-15-2009, 07:55 PM   #1
straight from the fields of squamton

ignition lock - impaired drivers

http://www.drivesmartbc.ca/impaired-...paired-drivers

Found this in another thread and have heard about it a little more in depth at my responsable drivers course....

it seems to say that it starts on february 1st, but also says it's up to the discretion of the supernintendant. Is it possible to get stuck with this if you have no offenses after feb 1st? or can they go back through old offenses? The lady running the responsible drivers course said some of us may have it, but most of the group has lost lisences already and won't get them back until after feb 1st. (not me)

hoping for some clarification from someone who has more information than the website.
Thanks to skidmark for posting it originally!
Advertisement
Old 01-16-2009, 06:27 AM   #2
RS Peace Officer

Thanked 1,636 Times in 683 Posts
MY understanding is that the interlock will be installed to convictions registered after Feb 2009. I'm not sure if this means that you finally came to trial for a 2007 offense..or the offense was actually committed after Feb 2009 and you were convicted after Feb 2009. Maybe a call to MVB to clarify?
zulutango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 11:42 AM   #3
Retired Traffic Cop

There's a short article on this on the first page of my web site...

Learn more at DriveSmartBC
skidmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 02:40 PM   #4
I *heart* Revscene.net very Muchie

I wonder how many RS.net users will be having them installed... seems this group likes to DnD...
Old 01-17-2009, 04:42 PM   #5
straight from the fields of squamton

I'd imagine a few. I think it's great actually what they're doing with the reponsible drivers course and the ignition interlock. I think it will drasticlly bring down the numbers in drinking and driving. It's helping take the big time offenders down.

I used to believe it was okay to drive after a few drinks, becasuse I felt fine, but the course actually has a lot of really good information in it that has straitened me out. I think they should drop the price by at least $800 and get more people to take it.
Old 01-20-2009, 07:59 PM   #6
RS Lurker, I don't post!

i have one, you get it for a year.... the cost for the program (1st part) is about $1000 and then if the super says you might be a high risk... then you will have to get the interlock, its like $600 at first and about $120 a month. i had 3 24hr suspension, the first time i had 1 beer and got pulled over 2 minutes after i left the bar, second time i had 2 beer but waited about 2 hours, and got pulled over about a few minute again after i left (i guess they had me on the computer) the third time, i was totally wasted, but i actually didn't drive, i went to my car and had to get something out, anyways... i have the interlock and it's annoying.. first you blow into it, after you pass, in about 3 to 5 minutes you have to blow again... and the next time after.... it could be at anytime.
also, even after telling them i didnt drink anymore, i still got it, and the funny thing is, there were 2 guys who drinking during the responsible drivers program, and they didn't even have to get one... they said they went to AA
makomako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 09:00 PM   #7
Willing to sell body for a few minutes on RS

Thanked 4,793 Times in 1,761 Posts
How do they prevent someone from just wiring a bypass around this device?
2014 F150 5.0L XTR 4x4

A vehicle for all occasions
Great68 is offline   Reply With Quote