REVscene - Vancouver Automotive Forum

Welcome to the REVscene Automotive Forum forums.

Registration is Free!You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! The banners on the left side and below do not show for registered users!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   REVscene Automotive Forum > Technical Discussion > Maintenance, Engine & Driveline Tech

Maintenance, Engine & Driveline Tech This forum is brought to you by The Speed Syndicate (TSS) in Burnaby.
Discussion of maintaining your engine, transmission, differentails, rear ends, and mods associated with "driveline" parts..

Old 01-19-2009, 08:55 PM   #1
NEWBIE ACCOUNT!

toyota celica - 5sfe to 3sgte swap

Hi y'all. i am looking into swaping my 5s-fe engine out of my 1990 celica GT for a 3s-gte engine, but i have a few questions before i start buying anything.

Are the mounts the same?
Will i be able to use my stock 5s-fe 5spd manual transmission?
What engine should i use, the 3rd gen mr2 3s-gte or the 3rd gen celica 3s-gte?
For that matter is there a difference between the two?

Now, all of the 3s-gte engines i have found over the internet have been coupled with AWD transmissions. Can i take that AWD tranny off and just stick my transaxle on?

Thanks in advance
Advertisement

Last edited by dhbikerguy; 01-19-2009 at 09:07 PM.
dhbikerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 09:39 PM   #2
My dinner reheated before my turbo spooled

hey man, theres a few guys on alltrac.net whos done the swap and they have loads of info. check the site out. lol i just went the turboing 5s route
pintoBC_3sgte is offline   Reply With Quote